Suspension (Fork) adjustment tip of the day

Hey Steven, my only question is.....all else being adjusted and set up indentically, if bike A has 1.0 fork springs and bike B has 1.1 springs....won't bike B have enhanced/more active rebound performance? I base that on the preexisting additional spring power.
Just wondering. Doyle

Doyle, you are absolutely correct! The heavier spring will store more energy and when the energy is released you'll need another click or two in order to avoid the pogo effect.

I will find the book. I appreciate the information. My last bike was a 98 Blackbird. No adjustments (I was OK with that because I didn't know what to do anyway). I will read the book and see if I have the guts to tinker with it. Record the initial settings of course...

I will find the book. I appreciate the information. My last bike was a 98 Blackbird. No adjustments (I was OK with that because I didn't know what to do anyway). I will read the book and see if I have the guts to tinker with it. Record the initial settings of course...

Talk to five different riders and you'll get five different opinions on suspension. You'll get the lots of solid information with Andrew's book.

Winter is a good time to school your mind on suspension!

Back