Surivived IKE

Southside Playa

Master Pot-Stirrer
Donating Member
Registered
Well I made it. Just got power & water back the night before last. Got some minor damage, including a little wet carpet and a fence that is all screwed up. Spent a few night with friends & showered in several different places. However, my stuff pails in comparison to some of my fellow Houstonians and my neighbors to the South and the East (Galveston, Bolivar, etc).

My place got to shaking pretty good during the storm. Had me a little nervous.

The Busa is fine. I'll have to get out and do a little riding somtime soon.

Still in recovery mode, for now.

My unit just got off orders for Gustav. After this little outing, I can honestly say 90% of people in Baton Rouge and New Orleans are human trash. I never want to go south of Alexandria again. On the plus side, I can now say I met a 55 year old crack ho.

Glad you are ok. Seems there is talk of hundreds...maybe thousands that could have washed out to sea off Bolivar

My unit just got off orders for Gustav. After this little outing, I can honestly say 90% of people in Baton Rouge and New Orleans are human trash. I never want to go south of Alexandria again. On the plus side, I can now say I met a 55 year old crack ho.

I'm from Lafayette, which as you know is due south of Alexandria.
Where are you from, boy? I know you didn't grow up in Louisiana, because if you did, you would know better.

Well I made it. Just got power & water back the night before last. Got some minor damage, including a little wet carpet and a fence that is all screwed up. Spent a few night with friends & showered in several different places. However, my stuff pails in comparison to some of my fellow Houstonians and my neighbors to the South and the East (Galveston, Bolivar, etc).

Glad you're ok.

How did the Methodist Hospital hold up?
I was born there :laugh:

Last edited by a moderator:

Glad to see you made it somewhat unscathed.....

Back