Surgery for me in 2 weeks

It no big deal anymore. They actually tear the skin instead of cutting it, helps it heal faster. Had mine done about 6 years ago at my doctors office. Oh, and shave yourself, the nurse I had was sadistic.
firedevil.gif

The Dr. that did mine butchered me, bled me out, sent a blood clot to my heart and killed me. The CPR worked the first time my heart stopped, the Atropine worked the second time it stopped, and the Pacemaker I sport in my chest now keeps me alive, since the clot destroyed my heart's electrical system.. Other than that it was no big deal....

Good Luck !!!!

Friend of mine had one last year. The doc said no heavy lifting.He told me... hey i gotta pee.I thought about it for a second and said yea right.

Yep, I've had TWO. First one didn't take. Check out what the docs won't tell you about, called epididymis. Its a growth inside the sack and they get as big (and tender) as the testes. Also, some, have lost their pheromones, that chemical substance that attracts the opposite sex. Serious stuff for some! BTW, why are you having it done? Will your partner continue with her birth control methods, for example, BC pills? Most women take them to regulate their period anyway, not just for contraception. If so, I see no reason to have it done. Reversal isn't always a guarantee either.

Had it done in '76. Drove there, 15 minutes later zipped up and went home. Me and Jack Daniels healed it.

No other affects other than a nice set of Moobs and even got through Men-O-Pause OK.
easybutton.png

Gotta go get my nails done.... TTFN

Seriously, it's a piece of cake, though some will think you're "nuts".

Mark

Yep, I've had TWO.  First one didn't take.  Check out what the docs won't tell you about, called epididymis.  Its a growth inside the sack and they get as big (and tender) as the testes.  Also, some, have lost their pheromones, that chemical substance that attracts the opposite sex.  Serious stuff for some!  BTW, why are you having it done?  Will your partner continue with her birth control methods, for example, BC pills?  Most women take them to regulate their period anyway, not just for contraception.  If so, I see no reason to have it done.  Reversal isn't always a guarantee either.
Having it done because we dont want kids, never have, and never will. My wife is 35 years old and risk of complications from birth control rise DRAMATICALLY once you get past 35 yrs old. It's a lot easier for me to disconnect the sperm firm than it is for her to have the female equivalent done.

i had mine done 5 years ago.. drove there drove back went to work the next day...sore a couple days... But WELL worth it.. My girlfriend sayed she was pregnant so i threw her sorry a$$ out.. Showing her Proof that your clipped..PRICELESS !!!
laugh.gif

the husband did it last year. same reasons as above: was easier for him, day thing, than for me, hospital thing. was pretty simple. the doc let me stay and talk to him the whole time, drove him home and he played metroid prime for 3 days w/ the frozen peas keeping him chilled. he wouldn't take anything, said it didn't hurt enough. only trouble he had was me trying to keep him down and not outside smoking.(he kept escaping to the garage) the surgery was mon and we got to go riding saturday. my personal opinion: those who really stayed down for the 3 days don't have near the trouble (early or later) of those i hear about that only chilled a day or two

Get yerself a couple of packages (bags, not boxes) of frozen peas. I know - ya prolly think I'm crazy - but they 'mold' very nicely to the area. When one starts to warm up - swap it with the other in the freezer
winkold.gif

BTW - make DAMN sure that the Doc gets the area VERY numb! I felt him cut the first one! You talk about pain!
firedevil.gif

Yeah I'd be screaming if I felt anything....no worries there. Thanks for the tip about the frozen peas - that's a GREAT idea.

A buddy of mine had it done in the morning and decided that he felt fine. He actually came to the softball game to play that night. We all tried to talk him out of it. Needless to say that his slide into second base did not do to well, and his empty little sac-o-skin ended up swelling to the size of a grapefruit. He was in pain for about 2 weeks, didn't work, play, or walk much for that matter......

Stay low, relax, and drink..... you should be fine.
beerchug.gif

Had mine done on a Friday. The appointment was at 12, I got there at 1115 to complete paperwork. They called me back into the Docs office at 1140. I was walking out of the office at 1150. He gave me tylenol 3. Went back to work on Monday. Played racketball on Wendesday, or Thursday with no problems. Took it real easy before that.

Good Luck

I had my tubes tied 3 yrs ago.It was a laproscopic procedure os i only have two tiny scars.Yeah it hurt felt like i did tummy crunches for a weak straight without stopping.

Mrs 05

Back