Superbyke, girl's got new sunglasses!

Track? You gonna take it to the track?
Woo hoo! Can't wait to hear what that's going to feel like! :thumbsup:

Track? You gonna take it to the track?
Woo hoo! Can't wait to hear what that's going to feel like! :thumbsup:

I know, I can't wait to FEEL what it'll feel like! For my other Busa I have a complete set of wheels with slicks, tire warmers, etc......this Superbyke will be kind of a 1300cc SuperMotard! For sure, my first few laps will be on the conservative side! A couple of days ago I was coming up to a deserted highway red light from 60 mph....just to see the brake response, I stopped extra hard with the front brake only, what an easy, controlable brakee! The rear wheel rose gently about a foot in the air, I'm not a lunatic streetrider but when nobody's looking, it is educational to do a little "testing". Doyle

I like it but something about the rear throws me off? I like the street fighter look (Hense my XB12R with an S tail) But I think it would look sweet with a coustom tail! Maybe without the cover and a stripped down seating area? But thats just my two cents and you know what they say about opinions!!! hahhaha sweet looking ride!

never really been into the streetfighter look but this is actually pretty nice

It's not a "Streetfighter", it's a modern bike refitted to create the best of early 80's unfaired superbikes with a little cafe racer and supermoto thrown in. (hey, maybe this is the start of a new genre!)

I like it but something about the rear throws me off? I like the street fighter look (Hense my XB12R with an S tail) But I think it would look sweet with a coustom tail! Maybe without the cover and a stripped down seating area? But thats just my two cents and you know what they say about opinions!!! hahhaha sweet looking ride!

Believe me, this is a living work in progress and I have held on to the "Busa rear hump" profile on purpose. Already, some bike folks have said to me, "did it start out as a Busa?" I have access to the most awesome pointy racing tail section with integrated led lights BUT as hardcore as it would transform the bike's profile, I can't yet abandon the traditional Busa hiney! Kind of an ID thing for the observer. As I posted somewhere else, it would be a way to shed another 20-40 pounds with a custom tiny subframe BUT, being overweight doesn't currently seem to be an issue! We'll see what the future yields. Doyle

Yeah I get what you mean on holding the hump! I like it, in fact its my favorite part of a normal Busa! I just wonder how it could get slimmer keeping the hump? Oh well cant wait to see more!! HAHAHAHAHA I know your talking bout the bike but Hell I am overweight and my bike dont mind at all!! :laugh:

This thread and the others discussing the Superbyke (that's just what I call it) actually are serving as references and a journal of sorts of my values and intentions regarding the birth, development and use of this motorcycle. The org has, and continues to, serve as a great "log" for my thoughts and the input of the great motorcycle minds of org members. For example, I've been thinking of the merits of a different tail section and, in pondering, have come to the conclusion that, for now, the matching Hotbodies underpiece I spent a day installing, the wired led lighting system, the hardmounting of the PC III under the hump, the existing license plate, buddy pegs and Muzzy tailpipe mounts, the existing Tobin seat AND the ability to install the complete Ventura luggage system on this bike, all add up to why I will retain the Hayabusa subframe and hump system indefinately into the future (oh yeah, changing the rear would also cost a lot more for less function and be basically just to change the looks from something I really like now). Deep thoughts! My next project is installation of an above tank steering damper, got a red one and a black one....if I go red (and it's absolutely beautiful) I violate my promise to myself to keep all things black and silver, if I go black it will blend in and be more "integral" in appearance, yet still tech and cool looking. I think I'll take a pic of the red one installed and, once again, ask you guys what you think. Doyle

What the heck, I'll ask now, here they are, anyone got an opinion?, remember, it'll be very visible right there on the tank (and the tank bag will fit fine with it as well).

P1020218.JPG

IMG_0042.jpg

I think the red would look great... ON MY BIKE! :laugh:
Definitely black for this bike Ray! :beerchug:

Back