Stretched and spinning on the street, need a better tire with traction

FILT166

Registered
Lately we've had a few cars that wanna play. Well I'm stretched 6" over, running 003 shinkos I think & 1 down 2 up. I'm spinning all of 1-2nd gear and sometimes 3rd even from a roll. Spinning ain't winning. So what tires are you running when stretched for street use and I will also start laying it down more n more on turns as soon as I change out these shinkos as the rear kicks out at times. Its kinda scarry. I think I have the 003s on the bike and I bought it this way. So I just need to decide if I want a longer lasting tire that may spin or a shorter lasting tire that will hook and I still want to lean. Any input guys

So I just need to decide if I want a longer lasting tire that may spin
or a shorter lasting tire that will hook and I still want to lean.

Any input guys.

Looks like you have to make a choice first . . .

Sport touring tire to last & spin ?

Or sticky tire to corner !

190 55 17 to turn .

Red, *<(:{)-

Anyone know how bad will the sport touring tire spin? Just as bad as the shinkos do or less? Its kinda pointless to have a tire on that spins even from a roll or a 20+ punch in first gear or even a rolling dumped clutch take off. I guess it can't hurt to go sticky n find out. Just need a little info. Maybe taking the arm off would be better....

You can get a better tire Power One I hear, and Shinko makes one or two decent grunt and go tires. You have stretched your bike 6" but have not changed the rear spring. You might even have to do more than set it, you might have to change it. Stretching will cause spinning without other changes.

If you have a stock Busa with bolt ons you really didn't need 6" stretch IMO, but I'm no expert

Looks like you have to make a choice first . . .

Sport touring tire to last & spin ?

Or sticky tire to corner !

190 55 17 to turn .

Red, *<(:{)-

Don't think he will do much cornering being 6 over, so the 55 series is a bad idea. When my turbo bike was 6 over with 400rwhp, it would wheelie like hell on the street with a Power One. If you want something that lasts a little longer and will hook good on the street, look at the Power 3, or really I like the regular Pilot Power for the street. The Pilot Power would be fine for you unless your bike is making a lot of HP.

Ok guys I decided, I need a tire that will hook. So for the price pilot powers cost, do you think it will hook n not spin or barely spin?
We're setting up some races with street cars here, a TT sprayed lambo & C6Z spraying. They wanna do a roll race from 30 or 60 to around 150. I need tires that'll hook from a clutch dump roll race... Did that make sense?

what air pressure are you running? do you have the front end strapped?
run tire arnd 15psi,,soften the shock,,loosen the front strap, and dont "dump" the clutch

roll on with them at 60 with a stock bike and you may not loose them . i'm out 6+" with ultra softs but my suspension is set for drags I only burn'em if I want to.

I'm stretched about 10.5 and have the heavy duty 1400lb spring and front is lowered. I'm running dlp q2 and I'm tuned and dyno'd and my tire breaks loose mid range between 4-8k rpm. I can hit corners pretty well but I break loose under hard acceleration. U would prob need something close to a drag tire and like bondoman says def going to need to lower ur pressure if ur running 35+. I wouldn't take the stretch off because then the bike is going to be more wheelie happy then it would be staying on 2 wheels.

Anyone try the shinko hook up or stealth? The stealth is "ONLY" rated up to 168 mph not sure about the hook up. I have a 2002 busa putting out 240hp and my old shinko would break loose from time to time when gassed too much but my pilot road 3 hasn't broken loose yet but I haven't pushed it any harder than the shinko.

Stock wheelbase

don't listen to wat ppl are saying about the Shinko hook up. they either DONT have the tire and have never used it and simply talkn out of their ass or their bike doesn't make enough power to even matter....:whistle:

my bike last year was 71.5 inches WITH a Shinko hook up and it hooked like velcro on the street makn 335 rwhp. I put a longer arm on it (68 inches) and it was absolutely worthless on the street. I thought my tranny was slippn but no it was too long and the tire was slipping so I'm going back to probably 74-75 inches.

I bought new rims and tires (tires came with the rims) and the rear tire is a Power One which is brand new so I'm gonna give that a shot.

WOT that Shinko hook up would not spin. ur rear suspension will play a huge roll in how much u do or don't spin too.

and for the guy thats stretched 10.5 inches it may look kool in ur eyes but if ur not spinning hard then ur bike is basically stock. and even stock at 79 inches its worthless and of course ur spinning at 4-5k course ur TOO LONG for the street. and saying keeping it stretched long will prevent you from wheeling is non sense.

I'm pretty sure my bike is makn far more power then urs and at 71.5 (+3) inches under WOT it NEVER wheelied. tune, setup and boost control prevent that. the cure is not a loooooooong arm. not by a long shot!

ones weight will play a big role too. a 260 lb guy can get away with a 6-8 inch stretch cause he simply weighs too much and puts weight on the rear tire but anything longer then that his weight will be too far from the rear tire. which is why a lighter guy at 6 over may experience the same issue cause his weight is too far from rear and he doesn't weigh enough to plant the tire.

at the track its a non issue cause its prepped. the street aint prepped.

Mine is stretched almost 9" and it never grabs. of course i dont care as am not competing with anyone. I'd been looking into the brocks clutch mod. the lock up part inside. sorry.. brain fade at moment. a friend had a shinko on his stretched zx10 for racing.. it seemed to hook ok he says.. good luck...

don't listen to wat ppl are saying about the Shinko hook up. they either DONT have the tire and have never used it and simply talkn out of their ass or their bike doesn't make enough power to even matter....:whistle:

my bike last year was 71.5 inches WITH a Shinko hook up and it hooked like velcro on the street makn 335 rwhp. I put a longer arm on it (68 inches) and it was absolutely worthless on the street. I thought my tranny was slippn but no it was too long and the tire was slipping so I'm going back to probably 74-75 inches.

I bought new rims and tires (tires came with the rims) and the rear tire is a Power One which is brand new so I'm gonna give that a shot.

WOT that Shinko hook up would not spin. ur rear suspension will play a huge roll in how much u do or don't spin too.

and for the guy thats stretched 10.5 inches it may look kool in ur eyes but if ur not spinning hard then ur bike is basically stock. and even stock at 79 inches its worthless and of course ur spinning at 4-5k course ur TOO LONG for the street. and saying keeping it stretched long will prevent you from wheeling is non sense.

I'm pretty sure my bike is makn far more power then urs and at 71.5 (+3) inches under WOT it NEVER wheelied. tune, setup and boost control prevent that. the cure is not a loooooooong arm. not by a long shot!

ones weight will play a big role too. a 260 lb guy can get away with a 6-8 inch stretch cause he simply weighs too much and puts weight on the rear tire but anything longer then that his weight will be too far from the rear tire. which is why a lighter guy at 6 over may experience the same issue cause his weight is too far from rear and he doesn't weigh enough to plant the tire.

at the track its a non issue cause its prepped. the street aint prepped.

Ok I wasn't saying that just by having a stretch u won't wheelie. All I said was that you would have a better chance of keeping both wheels on the ground. And yes ur bike prob is "making far more power then mine" but again all I was saying was that my bike breaks loose or spins actually pretty good between 4-8 when accelerator is hit hard even with my 10.5 stretch and the mods and tuning I have. Yes I understand what ur saying about being to far back and my 6'3 265 pounds frame isn't over the tire. But you can admit that being stretched does help PREVENT from bringing up the front wheel then if u were stock wheel base producing power.

Ok I wasn't saying that just by having a stretch u won't wheelie. All I said was that you would have a better chance of keeping both wheels on the ground. And yes ur bike prob is "making far more power then mine" but again all I was saying was that my bike breaks loose or spins actually pretty good between 4-8 when accelerator is hit hard even with my 10.5 stretch and the mods and tuning I have. Yes I understand what ur saying about being to far back and my 6'3 265 pounds frame isn't over the tire. But you can admit that being stretched does help PREVENT from bringing up the front wheel then if u were stock wheel base producing power.
I use to think that being real far out would prevent wheeling and to some extent I'm sure thats true but again I was makn 335hp to the wheels with +3 and never wheelied so being that far out is a solution to a problem that doesn't exist on the street.

but then again at ur height and weight its not as much of an issue but ur robing lots of power form ur bike being that stretched back and it serves no purpose cause if mine stays down at 335 hp at +3 urs will surely do the same unless ur makn more power then that.

y dont u try going +6 and see what happens? plus I think ur bike will look far better and u can take 4 inches off that chain.

I use to think that being real far out would prevent wheeling and to some extent I'm sure thats true but again I was makn 335hp to the wheels with +3 and never wheelied so being that far out is a solution to a problem that doesn't exist on the street.

but then again at ur height and weight its not as much of an issue but ur robing lots of power form ur bike being that stretched back and it serves no purpose cause if mine stays down at 335 hp at +3 urs will surely do the same unless ur makn more power then that.

y dont u try going +6 and see what happens? plus I think ur bike will look far better and u can take 4 inches off that chain.

I understand and it's funny u mention losing power because I had my ecu sent to frank at powerhouse and a dyno done by a local guy (Eric from DAS auto in Dracut mass). He is a borderline busa master mind and the same setup I have and the same mods frank did to a busa he had with the same mods I have my dyno was about 9 hp less because I'm stretched as far as I am. I've considered bringing mine in a little. I also need a new rear tire haha. But my future plan is either to turbo it or drop it off with Eric and have him do his custom pro charger that he makes. But again that's down the road. Trying to buy a house next year so after that then I'll work on my future plan haha.

Back