Stretch and lower her?!!??!!?/

gaeducator

Registered
I am thinking about lowering and stretching my K8. Went and looked at a stretched and lowered K9. I love the look, but not sure if I want to change her like that. Thinking about extending 6 inches with Yana Shiki extensions and lowering with 2 inch lowering links. How will it affect my ride? Best place to get extensions and links (cheapest)

First off you get what you pay for and we're talking your suspension. Have heard bad things since coming here about those folks; anyway if you run 1/8 and 1/4 mile or standing mile it might be the thing you want to do. If you like the looks and ride around town, etc. go for it. If you like to tour and carve a corner now and again, don't touch it.

Good luck and make sure you post up pix. :thumbsup:

Its honestly all in what you want. Prior to owning my gen 2 I had a k5 1k that was stretched (64'' WB) and lowered. It was a stock motor bike that I raced fairly often and cruised with the rest of the time. It was fun but I would take my stock WB gen 2 any day of the week. It drastically changed the ride and handling of the bike. If you are not interested in riding aggresivly on back roads and such you probably will not have an issue with the difference in handling. Goodluck.

:poke:Just leave it stock and add the bling bling and she wIll look great and run stong and stay together if you like getting from (a) to (b) with out any problems >>:rulez: ( I WOULD LIKE TO SEE A GREAT POST OF HOW FAST AND WHERE (STATE) BECAUSE HERE WHERE I LIVE THERES NOT MANY ROADS CLOSE TO ME TO OPEN HER UP AND LET HER BREATH HOW ABOUT OTHERS SHOW SOME PICS

Last edited:
As mentioned before, Dont always go cheapest, You sure dont want one of those snapping in half on you going down the road. Make sure ( Most are ) they are made of Billet 6061 ( Nice and strong ) Org members if I missed that number please correct me.

Another thing you will need to consider is if your going to need to stiffen up your rear shock. When you stretch, the rear end will have a tendancy to drop more under heavy acceleration, and your undertail does not like being hit by your tire. ( Dont ask )

As for the looks :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Gotta love the look.

Im stretched 6 1/2 lowered 1" and swapped to a 1000 lb spring. Still corners pretty well, but I am also on a Gen1

===================================================================

Spiked bike 015.jpg

Last edited:
I am thinking about lowering and stretching my K8. Went and looked at a stretched and lowered K9. I love the look, but not sure if I want to change her like that. Thinking about extending 6 inches with Yana Shiki extensions and lowering with 2 inch lowering links. How will it affect my ride? Best place to get extensions and links (cheapest)

I have a set of extensions new in the packaging for $175TYD. Your best bet on lowering links would be to go with Soupy's Adjustables.

soupys are junk my buddies broke at the threads

Really? ??? Wow, thats first negitive post I've ever read on the Soupy's. Did he possibly have them adjusted out too Far?? Certain applications(like mine)require them to be a 1/2" longer, depending on stretch?
I run them on mine and would have to say just the opposite, Very good quality, great price, fit was awesome! :thumbsup: JMHO!

Really? ??? Wow, thats first negitive post I've ever read on the Soupy's. Did he possibly have them adjusted out too Far?? Certain applications(like mine)require them to be a 1/2" longer, depending on stretch?
I run them on mine and would have to say just the opposite, Very good quality, great price, fit was awesome! :thumbsup: JMHO!

This is also the first negative post I have heard about them. I have the Brock's links but only because I got a hell of a deal on them.

Whats up Tox,, just curious.. What did you do as far as gearing after you stretched it??.. Im stock wheelbase right now and -2 in the front..

Hey There Gill, I originally went -1 on the counter and +2 in the rear. Wasnt enoungh for my weight....so now I'm -2 in front and +2 on the rear. And let me tell ya....It pullz like a FREIGHT TRAIN! :muscle: :thumbsup:

I lowered mine and streched her out 8". can't say nothing bad about the soupy's kit either, everyone around here I know loves them also... I tour mine, and once I lowered and threw her back IMO she's way more stable and (even more) compfortable.. just now the body starts to scrape before the pegs, but I live in flat land so not much cornering

Back