Lowering and Stretching a '09 Busa

all4sho

Registered
I got a '09 Busa and I am looking to lower and stretch it. I'm 6'5" and about 270, so I don't need to lower it, but I like the way the Busa looks lowered and stretched. After reading many many posts on here I still can't get a clear cut way on the best route to go. :banghead: I see people say that you can't lower the front end more than 3/4" due to something about the forks tapering, yet I have seen people say they have lowered their front end up to 2". I do not want to use a strap, just a triple tree. I've also seen people say that after they lower it using the tree that you can't lock the bike because the bars or resivoirs hit. As far as the rear I'm assuming an adjustable lowering link is probably the best....right? Keep in mind I'll have passengers from time to time, and I'm not looking to slam it so I drag anywhere, but lower it a little so its noticable.

Now onto the stretching the swingarm. I'm only looking to extend it about 4-6 inches. It seems too pricey to do a new swingarm, so I was going to do extensions. Has anyone had a problem with extensions? Safety of them? I've looked at lots of different company's kits and I had my eye on a Roaring Toys kit, but then checked Ebay and it seems Ebay's kits are the same just don't have the brand name (and are roughly $200 cheaper). Has anyone gone the cheap route and had a problem?

Any help is greatly appreciated :please:, let me know if you have done any of these mods and run into problems after the install so I can be prepared. Guys at a local shop that does most of the business in the area don't have any answers for me.

You can lower the front all you want and still lock the steering with the use of an after market triple, I used the roaringtoyz. What will limit how far down you go in the front is the fender. I dropped it 1 inch and have had no issues some people have gone lower, some have removed the front fender and slammed it to almost the front tire.

I have the roaringtoyz dog bones and lowered it about 2 inches no issues even with a passenger. There are solutions for most problems figure out how low you want to get, then figure out how much it drop with the rider and passenger. Some people put air ride to lift and adjust for weight instantly others have gotten a stiffer/ stronger spring.

Welcome to the oRg. You can lower the front more than 3/4, and you can stretch using extensions. Roaring Toyz and Ballz are both sponsors and will take care of you. Dont forget your chain, brake bar, and brake line when you get the extensions. I dont know about all the time, but you may need a stiffer spring for the rear shock to keep the tail from rubbing after you stretch. :welcome:

Back