Stopping by to say howdy, been a while.

NCBusa2001

Registered
I'm just now attempting to ride again after my back surgery and thought I would say hi.

I have been pretty busy lately, trying to distract myself from my misfortune. I'm limited in my abilities and my hobbies have changed drastically, (no ATV's, dirtbikes, jetskis, or anything else high impact). Now I pretty much "float" at every given opportunity.

Just to catch up those interested. In brief: Slip on ice in Jan (ruptured 3 disks), out of work since Feb, Crutches Feb-Apr, Surgery in May, with subsequent partial recovery. Still have constant pain/numbness upper leg and can't lift anything heavy, etc.

In June hospital indicated that "I am unable to furfill the job qualifications" because I can't "lift, bend, stoop, squat"..."and have sufficient endruance required..." blah, blah, blah... Apparently "light duty" is only for the privledged few. Though I have a perfect record, do multiple jobs, and have been there for 12 years, "my job has been posted". After a fight with the insurance company, I "meet the criteria for disability". So, "If I am unable to do "my job" (which the hospital says I can't)" I am entitiled to benefits for TWO YEARS. After which it's if I can't do "substanitive work" (and not my "current job" thing).

So it looks like I'm on "EXTENDED VACATION" for the forseeable future. I'll probably work on the check-list thing. Drive(ride) cross country, finish my masters, learn how to fish, etc.

I know poor me. At any rate, just wanted to say howdy and give everyone well wishes.

Cheers,
Chris

Navagating beaufort harbor.JPG

Forgot to mention the above pic is in Beaufort Harbor at NC's southern outer banks. I also just noticed that I'm pimping a .org shirt in the picture. Cool

Hope it works out for you...

You looking for directions in that pic?? :poke:

Man the learning curve was pretty steep. :) I've taken the toon to Carolina and Holden Beach without incident. That's totally ICW and pretty easy to figure out using GPS alone. OBX was a different story, say...out of 10 red and green buoy's "red right return" gets a bit confusing. The chart seemed a bit mandatory (wish I would have bought one on our first day there). :whistle:

Chris

sorry to hear about the constant pain but glad you are doing relatively ok otherwise...try not to have too much fun hanging out on the boat :beerchug:

hey Chris, sorry to hear about everything but seems you are at least making the best of it :beerchug: We'll have to catch up sometime :thumbsup:

Chris, Sorry about all the pain and grief, but glad you are able to full fill some of the things that you want to do with the time off. Tell Kim I said hello and i hope you all can make it to the bash. :)

Good grief Chris! :( You've had a full plate, however, you're taking it all very well and making the best of a bad situation I see :)

I hope things get better and in the mean time, keep having as much floating fun as you can!! :thumbsup:

Hey Chris good to hear from you. Man that sux. I hope you can heal in that time and your benefits meet your bills, bro. Good luck Chris and I'll pray that this will turn out to be a pos. time off for you.

-Chris

Good luck on a full recovery. Spent many a summer at Holden Beach with the family. Take care and glad to hear from ya :thumbsup:

Thanks again for the well wishes. I hope to see everyone at the bash. I haven't been there since the fall bash last year, so I'm in desperate need.

Chris

Back