state of the union address

:puke::puke::puke::puke::puke::puke:

obama.jpg

Look I don't like Obama either. But before you start slinging mud around you may want to check facts.

Obama has used less executive orders than all other Presidents, save one Grover Cleveland. This reminds me of the POT thread. If you don't like POT no matter what the facts are, you don't like POT.

I don't like him but I won't use distortion to try and make him look bad when the facts say differently.

The Number Of Americans That Have Joined The Food Stamp Program Since
Obama Took Office: 19.4 Million.
The Number Of People Unemployed At The End Of Obama’s Fifth Year As
President: 10.4 Million.
The Number Of People Working Part-Time That Would Like To Work Full-Time: 7.8 Million.
The Number Of People That Have Entered Poverty Since 2008: 6.7 Million.
Americans Who Received Cancellation Notices For Their Health Plans
Due To ObamaCare After Obama Promised They Could Keep Their Plans In His 2010 State Of The Union Address: 5 Million.
The Number Of Americans Struggling With Long-Term Unemployment Of 27 Weeks Or Over: 3.9 Million.
The Increase In Americans Struggling With Long-Term Unemployment Since Obama Became President: 1.2 Million.
Construction Jobs (aka “Shovel-Ready Jobs”) Lost Since Obama Took Office: 721,000.
Manufacturing Jobs Lost Since Obama Took Office: 528,000.
The Number Of People That Left The Labor Force In December: 347,000.
The Debt Per Capita For Americans At The End Of 2013: $54,688.
Average Student Debt For A College Graduate: $29,400
The Increase In Debt Per Capita For Americans Since Obama Took Office: $19,661
The Decline In Median House Hold Income Since Obama Became President: $3,827.
Increase In Family Health Care Premiums Under Obama, Despite His Claim
That ObamaCare Would Reduce Premiums During His 2010 State Of The Union
Address (Subsidies Being Irrelevant): $3,671.
The Last Time The Labor Force Participation Rate Was At Its Current level: 1978.
Increase In The Average Price Per Gallon Of Gas Since Obama Took Office: 79%.
The Percent Of Unemployed That Are 18-34 Year Olds: 46%.
Average Number Of Weeks Someone Will Be Unemployed: 37.
Poverty Rate In 2012 – An Increase From 13.2 Percent The Year Before
Obama Became President: 15%.
The Number Of Times Obama Has Pivoted To The Economy: 14.
The Number of New Ideas Expected From Obama’s 2014 State Of The Union
Address: 0.

The Number Of Americans That Have Joined The Food Stamp Program Since
Obama Took Office: 19.4 Million.
The Number Of People Unemployed At The End Of Obama’s Fifth Year As
President: 10.4 Million.
The Number Of People Working Part-Time That Would Like To Work Full-Time: 7.8 Million.
The Number Of People That Have Entered Poverty Since 2008: 6.7 Million.
Americans Who Received Cancellation Notices For Their Health Plans
Due To ObamaCare After Obama Promised They Could Keep Their Plans In His 2010 State Of The Union Address: 5 Million.
The Number Of Americans Struggling With Long-Term Unemployment Of 27 Weeks Or Over: 3.9 Million.
The Increase In Americans Struggling With Long-Term Unemployment Since Obama Became President: 1.2 Million.
Construction Jobs (aka “Shovel-Ready Jobs”) Lost Since Obama Took Office: 721,000.
Manufacturing Jobs Lost Since Obama Took Office: 528,000.
The Number Of People That Left The Labor Force In December: 347,000.
The Debt Per Capita For Americans At The End Of 2013: $54,688.
Average Student Debt For A College Graduate: $29,400
The Increase In Debt Per Capita For Americans Since Obama Took Office: $19,661
The Decline In Median House Hold Income Since Obama Became President: $3,827.
Increase In Family Health Care Premiums Under Obama, Despite His Claim
That ObamaCare Would Reduce Premiums During His 2010 State Of The Union
Address (Subsidies Being Irrelevant): $3,671.
The Last Time The Labor Force Participation Rate Was At Its Current level: 1978.
Increase In The Average Price Per Gallon Of Gas Since Obama Took Office: 79%.
The Percent Of Unemployed That Are 18-34 Year Olds: 46%.
Average Number Of Weeks Someone Will Be Unemployed: 37.
Poverty Rate In 2012 – An Increase From 13.2 Percent The Year Before
Obama Became President: 15%.
The Number Of Times Obama Has Pivoted To The Economy: 14.
The Number of New Ideas Expected From Obama’s 2014 State Of The Union
Address: 0.

I am not going to like your comment because it disgusts me, although I appreciate you posting up some of the facts for us to read.

"Average Student Debt For A College Graduate: $29,400"

That is a HUGE problem with the way folks are living their lives. I'm just guessing, but many of those that are going to college now are going for he sake of going, and don;t even know what they wan to do with their Major when they enter. The whole "everyone shoudl go to college" is BS and just makes the college degree worthless. I see job ads that state "college degree required" yet have no relevance to any specific field. Some say that college makes folks more responsible ...blah blah blah.

Way too many people with History, Liberal Arts, Literature, and Anthropology degrees that can't find a job out there. Gee...I wonder why? Not to mention all of these "tech schools" (wyotech, MMI, etc) that pretend to be beneficial so they can charge MORE than college tuition to con people into attending.

Ok, back to the "I will go around Congress" speech.

Ok, so I watched the entire speech, and the Conservative Response:

SOTU:
- Given the rhetoric coming from the WH that this was expected to be a combative speech, he pulled it - didn't happen. It was not combative, filled with lots of platitudes and ended with a wounded combat vet lovefest. A feel good speach. Have to admit it was well delivered.
- Barely mentioned executive orders, and never got into too much detail about how far he was willing to go.
- Took credit for a bunch of things that he had nothing to do with, and in fact actively acted against (our increase in energy production, when he blocked the pipeline and the EPA is destroying the coal industry).
- Downplayed a bunch of stuff (claimed how good O-care is doing), fact-failed that Medicare premiums haven't risen when they have, Failed to mention that more people have LOST their insurance than those who have GAINED insurance.
- NEVER mentioned gun-control ONCE (which means the Dems have decided this is election kryptonite - and exactly an issue conservative candidates need to use)
- Barely mentioned gay rights, in fact, about the most he did was had a NBA gay player in the seats yet never mentioned him by name
- This was pretty much a milk-toast, feel-good speech. Took little chances.

Conservative Response:
- again, well delivered by the Congresswoman from WA.
- Not much substance again, except to say that the Conservatives ARE also concerned about the plight of Americans, and that they have differing views and plans than that of the President.

Look I don't like Obama either. But before you start slinging mud around you may want to check facts.

Obama has used less executive orders than all other Presidents, save one Grover Cleveland. This reminds me of the POT thread. If you don't like POT no matter what the facts are, you don't like POT.

I don't like him but I won't use distortion to try and make him look bad when the facts say differently.

I think you are confusing the liberal talking points with reality? The number of executive orders is not the issue. There is a place for executive orders to be properly used as they were intended. All presidents have used executive orders and lots of them. It's what this president is doing with these executive orders to circumvent the constitution that is the issue.

Did anyone watch Megan Kelly after the speech? She had Mark Thiessen on who pointed out parts of Obama's speech being word for word taken from the 2007 State of the Union speech he wrote for GW Bush. I'm sure the president had no idea he was repeating words from his predecessor especially after trashing and blaming Bush for everything from erectile disfunction to why so many people no longer view him as the anointed one. :laugh:

P.S. While he's using the wounded warrior to showcase how he's such a great Commander in Chief, this soldier is one who is directly effected, to the tune of an estimated $40+K in his lifetime, by the budget deal that took away his retirement COLA adjustment, while keeping money for welfare causes - and btw, was part of the deal to STOP extending unemployment bennies, that he now demands we add back in...arrgh...

P.S. While he's using the wounded warrior to showcase how he's such a great Commander in Chief, this soldier is one who is directly effected, to the tune of an estimated $40+K in his lifetime, by the budget deal that took away his retirement COLA adjustment, while keeping money for welfare causes - and btw, was part of the deal to STOP extending unemployment bennies, that he now demands we add back in...arrgh...

In addition to the cutbacks on military retirees we are doing a large reduction of force. The Air Force alone is losing 25K people over the next year and that is a lot when you only have about 350K to start with. They keep cutting and cutting the military/defense budget because it is an easy target, and our generals keep telling them this is going to break us. But, we are of the mindset that we will "MAKE IT HAPPEN AND GET THE JOB DONE" no matter what tools/resources we are provided, or not provided for that matter. The problem with that is there is going to be a breaking point, and when hundreds or thousands are killed/murdered again, they will blame us for not being there to stop it from happening.

I don't know about anyone else, but I am ready for real change, instead of some made up BS election slogan that promotes CHANGE! So, I say YES WE CAN get this country back on the right track, hopefully I will still be around to see it happen.

Well with a majority congress hell bent on doing less as possible to meet their partisan agenda, i would think he would have to, just to get anything done. Can a President go around a congress? I'm not sure he can.

I don't agree with everything the White House has done but then again you can't please everybody. I will say I can't wait for his term to be up, not because I feel the policies and ideas are really all that bad (again I don't agree with everything) but just maybe the crazies will go back under the rocks they came from when he has finished his term.

Fox news and the like have pumped their base with so much false information and ideas that drive their agenda its sad but funny. I think it has truly made a portion of the population that subscribes to their ideas out of touch with reality and they have become uneducated viewers, meaning they don't even bother looking for whats true or not, because it must be if it was on Fox or Drudge report.

This is well stated. Though to be fair you need to say the same think about the other side. NPR and MSNBC spread the same kindof biased half truth bs that fox and drudge do.

I didn't watch, if i wanted to listen to crap i can turn on the radio. :)

Back