state of the union address

chrisjp

GM of Haya's in the Hills
Donating Member
Registered
how many are NOT going to be mad when they hear "i will bypass congress if i have too" statements???? :banghead::banghead::banghead:

so i am not going to watch.

I don't know if I can bring myself to watch it. Will need a puke bucket nearby.

My question is: How many of us think he won't tell a lie during his speech? Seems the only people who currently approve of this president is Reverend Wright's congregation, the Whitehouse Staff and people he is giving your tax dollars to. :dunno:

I won't watch for sure. I've already destroyed 4 tv sets as a result of throwing boots at the screen when he shows up on the screen telling me that Fox News and those pesky Republicans are the reason his ratings are in the tank. I can't afford another tv set until my next Obama check arrives!

The State of the Union under any President, on either side, has become a pep-rally. The speeches are meant to do nothing more than excite the public in to thinking that this guy truly cares; every single one of them gets up there and does little more than lie to gain your support and further divide the country if you don't agree...

The problem with politics is still the politicians...fix that and we may get somewhere...

Well with a majority congress hell bent on doing less as possible to meet their partisan agenda, i would think he would have to, just to get anything done. Can a President go around a congress? I'm not sure he can.

I don't agree with everything the White House has done but then again you can't please everybody. I will say I can't wait for his term to be up, not because I feel the policies and ideas are really all that bad (again I don't agree with everything) but just maybe the crazies will go back under the rocks they came from when he has finished his term.

Fox news and the like have pumped their base with so much false information and ideas that drive their agenda its sad but funny. I think it has truly made a portion of the population that subscribes to their ideas out of touch with reality and they have become uneducated viewers, meaning they don't even bother looking for whats true or not, because it must be if it was on Fox or Drudge report.

Considering that Fox News is kicking the Azz of all the other news channels, I'd say more people believe they are more fair and balanced than the others.

While I'd rather have my teeth pulled, I'm going to try and watch just so I know what to prepare for next...

Capture.JPG

I am going to watch Magnum PI and then The Saint ! I'll get more out of these 30 and 40 year OLD shows than King Obama's speech ! A President Going around Congress is NOT the way this country was founded.
But is seems neither side wants to stop it ! Executive Orders over ruling Congress is WRONG (that's what VETO power is for) !!!! Oh Yeah, he's going to announce a min wage increase and if Congress doesn't like it, then an Executive Order will make (can anyone say DICTATOR style of Government ) it law. This is really what we need, small business and the average Joe hit with ADDITIONAL COST ! And they think this will help the economy and create more JOBS. What FOOLS ! OH YEAH, Nancy P said Welfare and UNEMPLOYMENT checks is Economic Growth . Even CNN
laughed at that one :laugh:

Well with a majority congress hell bent on doing less as possible to meet their partisan agenda, i would think he would have to, just to get anything done. Can a President go around a congress? I'm not sure he can.

I don't agree with everything the White House has done but then again you can't please everybody. I will say I can't wait for his term to be up, not because I feel the policies and ideas are really all that bad (again I don't agree with everything) but just maybe the crazies will go back under the rocks they came from when he has finished his term.

Fox news and the like have pumped their base with so much false information and ideas that drive their agenda its sad but funny. I think it has truly made a portion of the population that subscribes to their ideas out of touch with reality and they have become uneducated viewers, meaning they don't even bother looking for whats true or not, because it must be if it was on Fox or Drudge report.
I don't watch the so called news because there is none, but I would like to see some references to what you're speaking of concerning FOX news, the lies, etc. on another note that might make you feel better, the only people that watch FOX are probably pretty set in their ideas and it amounts to a zero sum as far as voting and thinking.

I don't watch state of the union addresses, just my luck a night off if it doesn't snow and my TV gets interrupted by this BS.

I am going to watch Magnum PI and then The Saint ! I'll get more out of these 30 and 40 year OLD shows than King Obama's speech ! A President Going around Congress is NOT the way this country was founded.
But is seems neither side wants to stop it ! Executive Orders over ruling Congress is WRONG (that's what VETO power is for) !!!! Oh Yeah, he's going to announce a min wage increase and if Congress doesn't like it, then an Executive Order will make (can anyone say DICTATOR style of Government ) it law. This is really what we need, small business and the average Joe hit with ADDITIONAL COST ! And they think this will help the economy and create more JOBS. What FOOLS ! OH YEAH, Nancy P said Welfare and UNEMPLOYMENT checks is Economic Growth . Even CNN
laughed at that one :laugh:

what people dont understand is the constitution does not give input on "executive orders" they are by definition..."suggestions" on policy...when congress does not act on it...and nobody prosecutes said agency's for following said "suggestions" it becomes what is refered to as "color of law". this means it is NOT law, is NOT legal, and is NOT supported by the constitution, but is treated AS LAW due to LACK OF ACTION by constitutionally set guidelines for monitoring and removing said "suggestions". this means not only CONGRESS and SCOTUS, but also guidelines given to WE THE PEOPLE to LEGALLY act on REMOVING said LAWBREAKERS FOLLOWING ILLEGAL SUGGESTIONS. so to summarize...its OUR FAULT for not doing our DUTY and REMOVING those who violate the CONSTITUTION...

The fundamental fact is this president has failed to reach across the aisle and lead this country. He has satisfied his electorate somewhat and alienated over half of this country. He will forever be known as the one president who was less effective than Jimmy Carter.

Back