Sport Bikes & Myrtle Beach Bike Week

fdn2blk

Registered
Alright org. I need some insight. I am planning on going to my first bike week this May in Myrtle Beach.

Quick question, for anyone that has been. I know this is a heavy Harley event, but just out of curiosity is there usually a good mix of sport bikes down there as well?

Haven't been in many years but there used to be a lot of Busas there. Mostly custom though (stretches and fat wheels).

There's a Harley week, a sportbike week, and black bike week.
I wouldn't go on Harley week. Doubt you'de have any problems, but it will be over run with harley bikers, and alot of the kind who hate sportbikes.
Any sportbike week is fine, including black bike week.
I'm white, but have been to black bike week several times(without a bike), everyone is always cool.
Most of the big gatherings are at South Mrytle(where black bike week originated, from stupid segregation of decades ago), but it extends all the way to North Myrtle.
It's usually the week before/after Memorial day.

Actually the black bike week began in north myrtle at Atlantic beach and is still the primary area for "bike activity". Myrtle beach area is where all the parking lot activity takes place on ocean Blvd. I think you should go to see it at least once. Black bike week is the 21-30 and the Harley week is the week before.

Actually the black bike week began in north myrtle at Atlantic beach and is still the primary area for "bike activity". Myrtle beach area is where all the parking lot activity takes place on ocean Blvd. I think you should go to see it at least once. Black bike week is the 21-30 and the Harley week is the week before.

Atlantic is between Mrytle and North myrtle:beerchug:

Thanks guys. We have already booked our house for that first weekend of the Spring rally. So I guess we will be down there with a bunch of Harley's but oh well. I'll check out the sportbike week next year.

Back