Fall bike week in myrtle beach

Myrtle Beach Bike Week hasn't been cancelled or moved. Not yet any way.

The city has simply begun inforcing the laws. They have also added a few. The reason is due to the locals. They are tired of the 2 -3 weeks of noise and added inconveniences.

In my personal opinion, if you don't want to deal with people, you shouldn't move to a vacation spot. If you don't want to deal with bikers, then don't move to a place that is known for annual Bike Weeks.

The city will be losing, not the Bike Week participants. As more and more restraint is placed on tourists, there will be less of a reason for them to come. Eventually the city will suffer financially due to a lack of increased funds.

The month of May brought millions of dollars to Myrtle Beach. Now that there are restrictions, the amount will be less due to frustrated tourists such as myself that refuse to return.

This past spring I went to my first Black Bike week and I absolutely loved it. However, since the public there are passing laws to "harrass" the bikers I am sorry I will not be there. I am a Motorcycle Club and our club was there last spring. We will not go back now cause of all of this fuss with the locals. NOW LISTEN UP!!!!! I used to live in indianapolis, indiana and they started this year their first bike week. That may be the place to go now. They close off a few streets there and I was told by my buddy there was thousands and thousands of bikes there. They are going to do it every year I heard. I would rather spend my vacation money there instead since myrtle does not want us there. Indianapolis, seems to want to take the role of accepting this revenue. I think this year it was in August or something.

heck, that's ^^^ close enough for me to slip on over to....Hmm
And you're only an hr south of me mvanlone. Keep us posted dude...

This past spring I went to my first Black Bike week and I absolutely loved it. However, since the public there are passing laws to "harrass" the bikers I am sorry I will not be there. I am a Motorcycle Club and our club was there last spring. We will not go back now cause of all of this fuss with the locals. NOW LISTEN UP!!!!! I used to live in indianapolis, indiana and they started this year their first bike week. That may be the place to go now. They close off a few streets there and I was told by my buddy there was thousands and thousands of bikes there. They are going to do it every year I heard. I would rather spend my vacation money there instead since myrtle does not want us there. Indianapolis, seems to want to take the role of accepting this revenue. I think this year it was in August or something.
Indy is used to large events with lots of people, they are not very good at traffic control at times but they appreciate the $$ that comes in... As far as BikeWeek goes, I have better things to do than get hassled because some of the locals want to punch the gift horse in the mouth... let em eat oatmeal instead of steak and see if a week or 2 of bikes is worth it... (besides Indy is 2 hours away and I will give guys a place to crash if it helps)

I think this took place in conjunction with the MOTO GP race. I heard they blocked off streets downtown then for bikes. It was in early September.

I can't go because ..............

100_0933 (Medium).jpg

man, I was on my way down... I mean like I'm in Jacksonville NC. stoped off for the night before I rode the last few hrs down... guess I'll just have to change up my plans....:poke:

man it was nice all kinds of bikes from cruisers to sports bikes no problems at all. and yses they closed off streets downtown and the only way you could get in was if you had a bike. the streets were the parking lots. It was in september. But im still going back to myrtle.:laugh:

Back