Speed award rant

Look up the NC statues for your permitting requirements and look up the VA status for reciprocity.  Most states honor another states laws.
the officer told me if the law in NC states it then I will not have to pay. He just did not know if it was law or not he was basing it off of what he thought to be true.

Look up the NC statues for your permitting requirements and look up the VA status for reciprocity.  Most states honor another states laws.
the officer told me if the law in NC states it then I will not have to pay. He just did not know if it was law or not he was basing it off of what he thought to be true.
That would be correct. It's a law in VA so he is assuming it's the same in NC. If it's not, then you do not get the ticket. But he left it up to you to do the research.

You don't need a licsensed person with you in NC... hell you can't even have a passenger

http://www.ncga.state.nc.us/enacted....-7.html

(a1) Motorcycles and Mopeds. "“ To drive a motorcycle, a person shall have:

(1) A full provisional license with a motorcycle learner's permit;

(2) A regular drivers license with a motorcycle learner's permit; or

(3) Either:

a. A full provisional license; or

b. A regular drivers license, with a motorcycle endorsement.

Subsection (a2) of this section sets forth the requirements for a motorcycle learner's permit.

To obtain a motorcycle endorsement, a person shall demonstrate competence to drive a motorcycle by:

(1) Passing a road test;

(2) Passing a written or oral test concerning motorcycles; and

(3) Paying the fee for a motorcycle endorsement.

Neither a drivers license nor a motorcycle endorsement is required to drive a moped.

(a2) Motorcycle Learner's Permit. "“ The following persons are eligible for a motorcycle learner's permit:

(1) A person who is at least 16 years old but less than 18 years old and has a full provisional license issued by the Division.

(2) A person who is at least 18 years old and has a license issued by the Division.

To obtain a motorcycle learner's permit, an applicant shall pass a vision test, a road sign test, and a written test specified by the Division. A motorcycle learner's permit expires 18 months after it is issued. The holder of a motorcycle learner's permit may not drive a motorcycle with a passenger. The fee for a motorcycle learner's permit is the amount set in G.S. 20"‘7(l) for a learner's permit.

(b) Repealed by Session Laws 1993, c. 368, s. 1, c. 533, s. 12.

(b1) Application. "“ To obtain an identification card, learners permit, or drivers license from the Division, a person shall complete an application form provided by the Division, present at least two forms of identification approved by the Commissioner, be a resident of this State, and, except for an identification card, demonstrate his or her physical and mental ability to drive safely a motor vehicle included in the class of license for which the person has applied. At least one of the forms of identification shall indicate the applicant's residence address. The Division may copy the identification presented or hold it for a brief period of time to verify its authenticity. To obtain an endorsement, a person shall demonstrate his or her physical and mental ability to drive safely the type of motor vehicle for which the endorsement is required.

The application form shall request all of the following information, and it shall contain the disclosures concerning the request for an applicant's social security number required by section 7 of the federal Privacy Act of 1974, Pub. L. No. 93"‘579:

(1) The applicant's full name.

(2) The applicant's mailing address and residence address.

(3) A physical description of the applicant, including the applicant's sex, height, eye color, and hair color.

(4) The applicant's date of birth.

(5) The applicant's valid social security number.

(6) The applicant's signature.

That would be correct.  It's a law in VA so he is assuming it's the same in NC.  If it's not, then you do not get the ticket.  But he left it up to you to do the research.
What kind of bassackward country do you guys live in anyway? Doesn't the cop have to actually write down the section that was violated like they do EVERYWHERE else? I don't get it...

Well Va is a commonwelth and it is basically they make it up as it goes on. You can get a picked up for being drunk if they "think" you have been drinking, no test has to be given.

That would be correct.  It's a law in VA so he is assuming it's the same in NC.  If it's not, then you do not get the ticket.  But he left it up to you to do the research.
I understand what he did I just do not understand that you can give a person a ticket "thinking" that is the law. I have to bring in all of the paperwork and also show up to court. I did speed and I understand that I will pay the ticket as soon as the price comes out online, you do not get a price and a place to pay the ticket you have to look it up on thier website and do it yourself.

You might want to call and see if they will drop the other one, may save you a trip especially if they are in the wrong. It's worth a try...

Back