Speed award rant

ThunderJohn

Registered
Ok so I just got my second speeding award in the last month and my 3rd this year. Wife is so pissed off she wants the Busa gone. Well that is all besides the point. Not any bad tickets the last two were actually around 55 when I thought I was in a 45. I mean I never slowed just rolled right by thinking I was not breaking the law.

Today I got two one of the tickets was due to me having a motorcycle permit now license. The LEO told me I have to have a licensed driver with me. I told him the only stipulations on the permit in NC is that you cannot have a passenger. So he wrote me the ticket and said well it is a law here so I am sure it is a law there and if you don't think so show up to court and I will have the law with me if it is one. I think this is bullshit if you do not know the law how can you rightfully write a ticket for it. Oh and he could not tell me how much the tickets were for just told me to go to the website and look them up myself.

So after I knew I was getting the tickets and how he told me he was drawing overtime to go out there after shift and give tickets on this particular road that my neighbor had already been stopped on a week ago (people are normally doing 70-80 down this road) I figured what the hell so I proceeded to cuss him out. It made me feel better than the normal thank you for the ticket I normally get.

Stupid piece of crap, speed trapping, preying on military piece of **** Virginia beach police, corrupt bastards. I bet if I was another cop or a krispy kreme delivery driver I would have gotten out of the ticket.

Ok better now.

Do you feel better now?

Feel your pain, bro. Like anyone needs anything extra to have to think about...

Cops with radar guns are nothing but a public pita. They serve virtually no public good and just harass the general population.

I love it when they camp on our 6 lane 35mph highway and try to pop us on the way to work.

We lived in Va Beach for awhile, my hubby knows all too well about speeding tickets from the Va Beach police. The judge that covers traffic court in Va Beach is the biggest a$$ of them all!!

firedevil.gif
firedevil.gif
firedevil.gif
firedevil.gif

firedevil.gif

firedevil.gif

firedevil.gif

Let's see...three speeding tickets and a permit violation in less than six months (and) you admit you didn't know the speed limits on the roads you were on. Maybe you might want to think this over a little. Noemsayin?

Can't ride by yourself on a permit in Illinois either. I don't understand why people get mad at the officer for doing his job. You were breaking the law and got caught. If the officer didn't do his job, he wouldn't have a job for very long. I am sure he has a family to support also. I wish people would put themselves in other peoples shoes sometimes. Nobody likes getting a ticket, believe me.

hate to hear ya got popped but you gotta know that when your anywhere where the cops are heavy, and the public is watching, you as motorcycle rider have to be even better behaved than you would be if you were in your car that's not to say never have some fun on your bike, but around town were there is a lot of police it doesnt take even 5mph over to get their attention every time because cars are cars, but when that cop sees a bike like ours it automatically draws his attention he knows your only a couple seconds away from a ticket and 10 over is asking for it when it involves city police my rules are no speeding in town at all and don't give em any reason to pull you over now, when i get up in the hills where no one is around
firedevil.gif
, the worst that might happen is an encounter with a lone deputy, but so far so good

Getting a ticket sucks. But the fact is most tickets are given because a law was broken. As my Dad use to say (and still does)....... if your gonna play your gonna pay!

I didn't think you could drive any vehicle anywhere without a licensed driver when you only have a permit but I guess I am wrong.
No matter how upset or in disagreement I am with the police I never get angry with them.

This is straight out of the Missori Motorcyle handbook:

<div class="iF-Passage"><div class="QUOTEHEAD">Quote:[/Quote]<div class="QUOTE clearfix"><span class="quoteBegin"> </span>
NOTE: The following restrictions apply to all Missouri motorcycle instruction permit holders that are age 16 or over:

No passengers
Daylight driving only
When you are ready, you may take the motorcycle skills test (MSHP or MRTC) to be motorcycle qualified. The cost of a Class M motorcycle license is $7.50 for a 3-year license and $15.00 for a 6-year license. If you apply for a license or a permit at a fee license office, you must pay an additional $2.50 handling fee for a 3-year license and a $4.00 handling fee for a 6-year license.
[/quote]

you might want to look into a speedo healer, UNDER correct the percentage and when you look down at the speedo your going 60 ina 45, but your really doing 50.
smile.gif

It does suck, but you stated your self that it was a known road for speed traps and that your neighbor got caught as well.
I think i say it with others that you might wanna cuss your self out bro.

beerchug.gif

VA Beach cops are the worst
guns.gif

I had one scream at me at a light in 100 degree traffic for having my visor up so I could get some air...she kept yelling "visor down!" and I was thinking "jeez, I'm stopped at a light! Can't I just get some fresh air for 30 seconds?" but she kept yelling, so I slammed it down and nearly had a stroke LOL

They've got nothing better to do in VA Beach...but, do you actually have just a permit or the full M endorsement? In VA, a permit means you do have to have a licensed rider with you 'til you get fully endorsed...

Yeah, in VA you have to have a licensed rider with you. Here, if you get caught without a licensed rider, I think it adds 6 months to your wait for the license IIRC. And, as stated, you broke the law. If you can't do the time, don't do the crime. Why do people get pissed at cops for doing their job? Yeah, it sucks that you got pulled for 10 over, but it's not his fault you were speeding, it's yours.

OK, maybe I'm just dense. If you can't have a passenger on a permit how are you supposed to have a licensed rider with you?

Oh I was speeding not faulting him for that. It was my fault. I did not know it was going to be a permanent speed trap it is a back country type road out past pungo for those familiar with VA beach. I have been driving through there for more than 3 years now (70-80 normally) and had yet to even see a cop on that road. It just seems that a week after they finished this nice 7 bedroom mansion that the city council approved speed traps and overtime on that particular road. gee I wonder who lives in that new house. I mean the guy was parked in a wheat field that is how rural this is. I was speeding and that one is my fault but any military in the Hampton roads area can attest to the police here TARGET military. I just thought maybe he could give a break maybe a little bit of a hey slow it down on these back roads I was respectful I did not run which would have been so easy I was only 5-8 miles from the NC boarder. I got off had my license and insurance out ready for him before his fat ass got out of the car.

I just know if speeding was a major crime if I were in a school zone during school maybe. there are allot bigger issues like when my house got robbed I called and they showed up told me hope you have insurance because we will never find your stuff and a month later I get a call fro ma detective saying ok I am about to begin your case if you want to peruse recovering your stuff. Or if we did not live in one of the highest crime rated areas in the US.

Back to my real rant. I was pissed about the ticket for a something he "thinks" is against the law. I knew it wasn't because I had just been stopped by a NC state trooped a month ago and I am sure he would have given me a ticket for it. I had also already read the rules when I got the permit to make sure because I knew the base civilian police (some of the biggest POS on the earth) would question my using this to get my base decals until I had gotten my full endorsement. I went back looked into NC law and it is pretty much the same as Missouri with stipulations on passengers. Now I have to take a day off of work sit in court all day to get something dismissed because he "thinks" it is against the law in NC. Well I "know" there were more than 10 robberies 3 murders and several other various crimes that were broken that could use his manpower more than drawing overtime to sit on a rural road and make up tickets he does not know about. I am sure since I did not see him today he was down on the beachfront writing cruising tickets and cussing tickets to locals.

Look up the NC statues for your permitting requirements and look up the VA status for reciprocity. Most states honor another states laws.

Back