sorry to say it again but 08 plastic removal sucks

It would'nt surprise me a bit that most of these so called "mechanics" @ our suzuki shops don't screw up taking the plastic off. my 08 already showed signs of stress (my fault i'm sure) were the side panel "hooks" into the inner cowling. I tried to only un-do the bottom portion of the fairing to get to the filter but i could'nt figure it out because mine was staying hooked to the inner cowling. why could'nt suzuki make the oil filter accessable like on the zx-14? it's a 5min proposition on that bike, no plastic removal!!!

It would'nt surprise me a bit that most of these so called "mechanics" @ our suzuki shops don't screw up taking the plastic off. my 08 already showed signs of stress (my fault i'm sure) were the side panel "hooks" into the inner cowling. I tried to only un-do the bottom portion of the fairing to get to the filter but i could'nt figure it out because mine was staying hooked to the inner cowling. why could'nt suzuki make the oil filter accessable like on the zx-14? it's a 5min proposition on that bike, no plastic removal!!!
And with the fairings in two pieces now (unlike my '03) they had the perfect opportunity to at least allow smaller part to be removed, preferably one that's not linked to the uppers and the front cowl! It's driving me nuts
banghead.gif
laugh.gif

The bright side - someone here will figure out a way to keep everything together and share with the gang...I'm thinking "Gorilla Tape"
cool.gif

well i just called suzuki's customer service line(714-572-1490) and spoke with nathan. i explained all my concerns and dislikes with removing the fairing for oil changes. He took down everything i said and he encouraged me to let others know if they are having problems to write, email, or call in. he said suzuki likes to hear from the people who are out actually riding there products.

well i just called suzuki's customer service line(714-572-1490) and spoke with nathan. i explained all my concerns and dislikes with removing the fairing for oil changes. He took down everything i said and he encouraged me to let others know if they are having problems to write, email, or call in. he said suzuki likes to hear from the people who are out actually riding there products.
Good to know. Thanks for the update!
smile.gif

nicely said vabusa, i'm going to find away to contact suzuki and complain, not that it will help but i am a person who likes to voice my opinion. like vabusa said the plastic pieces will fail overtime. suzuki took 9 years to come up with a new busa and this is what they came up with wtf?
I think you just did.... They do visit this and other sites ya know!

Well, I'm in a little different boat I guess. YES!!! The first time taking the cowling off to change my initial oil change was a complete PITA! However, after taking some serious time to understand what I was taking off and where it was coming from, and about 15 minutes or pulling and researching how it came off, I got it off in about 30 minutes. It took longer to TAKE IT OFF for the first time, than it did for the oil and filter change. But when I put it back together, everything just flowed smooth and I got it back on in less than 10 minutes. I'm no genius by NO means, but I think if you just pay close attention, it gets pretty easy. Now, I am installing a complete exhaust system next week and need to take off both sides. So I may be cussing by then and eating my words, but I will let you know either way.

Back