Sorry, Another Brake question from my previous thread

sessions

Registered
Ok guys I took your advise and bled the brakes and went back and started from scratch went by the book and compressed the cylinders bled the lines and did what the book said... it let allot of tension off the tire(talked about in my previous thread) and was able to spin allot easier, but there is still a little drag, everything was great but then they started squeaking like a car does when the pads are worn, I talked with a friend and he said i need to get some miles on them so they will wear in with the rotors, I rode for about an hour and they were still doing it at slower speeds(30mph) at high speed they weren't and when i compress the brake they stop as well. Is it true what i was told? Has this happened to anyone? if so how long does it take to wear them in or do i need to take it to the stealer ship? sorry, I know these threads get old, but its my first brake change & i know this is the place to get the answers!!! thanks guys!

Brandon

Sessions, let me tell you my experience...maybe it'll help. I switched out pads and the same thing happened...so...I bled the brakes (opened bleed valve and pushed out tiny quantity of brake fluid with lever and in mid squeeze, tightened valve back up). There was no more rubbing! MAKE SURE the reservoir is topped off after, however.
Raydog

Thanks but I did this as well i haven't rode yet but there is still alittle drag on the tire when its on the stand. i'll have to ride it tommorow to see if there is any improvement!!

make sure you squeeze the brake lever a few times before moving the bike... rude awakening when the brakes do not work the first few pumps...

Sessions, let me tell you my experience...maybe it'll help. I switched out pads and the same thing happened...so...I bled the brakes (opened bleed valve and pushed out tiny quantity of brake fluid with lever and in mid squeeze, tightened valve back up). There was no more rubbing! MAKE SURE the reservoir is topped off after, however.
Raydog

Thanks Raydog i did do this last night but didnt get to take the bike out. i will see what happens after work!!!

be sure not to OVER_+FILL reservoir. this will also cause pressure in line to calipers causing the pads to be squeezed together. sounds silly maybe, but try to empty just a smidge of fluid out of the reservoir after bleeding.

Your brakes should drag a little. If the drag is excessive, I'd take the pads out and brakeClean the heck out of the pucks. Push them all the way in and pump them back out a few times to make sure they are not binding up.

Back