Something isnt adding up

in conclusion... if it wasn't a stock motor... the seller would have been flapping his gums about the build.. motor work aint cheap and its labor intensive... plus it wouldn't have slip ons… but I would still get it dyno'd, see where the hp is at and air fuel can be perfected.... isn't NLR in alabama? see guys I don't ALWAYS recommend PH as a first option.... lol.. first time ever.

I see what your saying.... I'm 250 and on turbo...different than a na build I do gear different on a na, than a turbo..

Maybe I'm lazy... I just like to gear for torque And let power pull longer

But you know what....different setups

Just experiment with different gearing

I see what your saying.... I'm 250 and on turbo...different than a na build I do gear different on a na, than a turbo..

Maybe I'm lazy... I just like to gear for torque And let power pull longer

But you know what....different setups

Just experiment with different gearing
If turbo on the street I would get a 20 tooth front from PH & 38 rear sprocket or smaller since you are going to have gobbs of power every where. This set up will not tame the beast but assist while also providing max MPH/top end.

The overall gear ratio of 17/40 and 18/43 is very similiar, as are the gen1 and 2 engines.
The different sprockets for the gen2 are just what the design engineers felt was an improvement.
Keep in mind that an 18 tooth is a larger diameter than the 17(and 43 bigger than 40), so there is less chain wrap(stress) where the chain bends around the sprockets.
Well six put bird together enough to ride. Visited a friend who needed help; leaving got into 1st & not much warning it stood straight the heck up floated at balance point. Was not expecting that but loved it just the same. No clutch no hill no nothing bad a$$ +3 rear.

Well six put bird together enough to ride. Visited a friend who needed help; leaving got into 1st & not much warning it stood straight the heck up floated at balance point. Was not expecting that but loved it just the same. No clutch no hill no nothing bad a$$ +3 rear.

Ha! Awesome

Back