No ecu flash 16/43 wide open

AsleepAtTheTree

Registered
So...stock form restricted gen 1 top speed is 186
(Duh)

I havent made a top speed run yet on my bike as it sits with all the basic mods geared 16/43 (possible small cam, small air box mod, pair valve mod, dual yoshi slip ons, k&n,)

Theoretical top speed would be 176+or- on a flashed derestricted gen 1

I was wondering would that theoretical speed still be possible on a unflashed restricted gen 1 with all the basic mods

For example, theoretical speed for a stock geared gen 1 with stock gearing is 201, but its restricted to 186

So could the same be said geared 16/43, which would be theoretical 176, but restricted to 161 or could the full theoretical 176 be obtained bc its below the 186 factory restriction

I'm sure this hasn't been discussed...I think lol
Thank you :beerchug::race:

So...stock form restricted gen 1 top speed is 186
(Duh)

I havent made a top speed run yet on my bike as it sits with all the basic mods geared 16/43 (possible small cam, small air box mod, pair valve mod, dual yoshi slip ons, k&n,)

Theoretical top speed would be 176+or- on a flashed derestricted gen 1

I was wondering would that theoretical speed still be possible on a unflashed restricted gen 1 with all the basic mods

For example, theoretical speed for a stock geared gen 1 with stock gearing is 201, but its restricted to 186

So could the same be said geared 16/43, which would be theoretical 176, but restricted to 161 or could the full theoretical 176 be obtained bc its below the 186 factory restriction

I'm sure this hasn't been discussed...I think lol
Thank you :beerchug::race:
you mean u haven't sent ure ECU to frank yet? I think my head is gonna explode…….. and when u FINALLY go turbo, u wont have to play these weird gearing games to be fast....

After all that, I think I'm going to sleep at a tree....

An unrestricted Gen 1 went 194 mph.

Not sure of your gearing what it will do to change your top end speed.

....and oh yeah, it has been discussed several times...
lol.... at least he is posting.... he is gathering the necessary info to build a 5 second no bar bike.... with 5 percent positive unsprung anti-squat... (yes I made that up)

lol.... at least he is posting.... he is gathering the necessary info to build a 5 second no bar bike.... with 5 percent positive unsprung anti-squat... (yes I made that up)

Yes, gathering info is important, I agree.

NOW, I'm going to sleep under a tree after that.....

Just jumped on gearing commander, entered 16/43 in a gen 1. Here’s what I found? I
01C53E2E-8B3F-4910-8974-5E456F4D68F4.png

Could be very wrong though lol

I've found that I was able to get pretty close to what the gearing calculators said. If it said 174, I was able to hit gps 173.8 or something.

An unrestricted Gen 1 would be lucky to do 194. It just doesn't have the power. Plus the weight doesn't help. Rider would play a huge part.

Almost every big rag I've read said they will go up to 194 under perfect conditions, they just never mentioned what those conditions were.

The unrestricted Gen 1 must have had this ability or it wouldn't have been the fastest production bike I figure.

Almost every big rag I've read said they will go up to 194 under perfect conditions, they just never mentioned what those conditions were.

The unrestricted Gen 1 must have had this ability or it wouldn't have been the fastest production bike I figure.
106 lb rider... zero humidity... no mirrors... new chain/fresh bearings/good tires... no wind... good pavement.....

106 lb rider... zero humidity... no mirrors... new chain/fresh bearings/good tires... no wind... good pavement.....
A little humidity is actually good, dense air makes power. Bracket racers will change the dial as a front moves in, the car will pick up a few hundredths. But, too much is bad as dense air is harder to move out of the way. Everything else you said is spot on though.

you mean to be Quick.
Stock geared gen1, 500hp...and it's still only gonna do 194mph.....
president Clinton? lol... ok...…. wrong word but u know what I mean.... really u need the hp.... either headwork/motor work.... or a turbo... (ORR some spray but that's cheating right?) that's thousands of dollars.... once u have the power... u can try alllllll sorts of 50 dollar sprockets.... (I think some people figure that they will shave a half of a second in the 1/4 mile with the hot gearing and stockish power.....)

Last edited:

I'd say the rider was the Japanese test rider and the bike was new and it was on their test track. These bikes gain more hp from the ram air as well.

The wind tunnel testing I saw had a good sized rider on it, what I mean is the rider wasn't a smaller person.

I'd say the rider was the Japanese test rider and the bike was new and it was on their test track. These bikes gain more hp from the ram air as well.

The wind tunnel testing I saw had a good sized rider on it, what I mean is the rider wasn't a smaller person.
everyone talks ram air effect.... I dunno man..... think about how the ducts are laid out and how much twisting and bending the air does on its way into the airbox/ past throttle bodies and past the intake valves.... one pound of boost generally nets 10-15 hp.... and thats verified boost INSIDE the motor from a turbo... I think a pound of boost is hard to replicate until very high speeds.. the ram air provides nice fast moving cool air.... so that if nothing else, on a humid hot ass day... the biggest benefit is in a situation like this IMHO.

everyone talks ram air effect.... I dunno man..... think about how the ducts are laid out and how much twisting and bending the air does on its way into the airbox/ past throttle bodies and past the intake valves.... one pound of boost generally nets 10-15 hp.... and thats verified boost INSIDE the motor from a turbo... I think a pound of boost is hard to replicate until very high speeds.. the ram air provides nice fast moving cool air.... so that if nothing else, on a humid hot ass day... the biggest benefit is in a situation like this IMHO.

Kawasaki bikes have ram air hp figures and their system is similar to the Busa. I think there's something to it...their numbers aren't huge (5-7 RWHP) but still are calculated into their specs.

Our air snorkels are stuck out front and if you are doing say 100mph, that's a lot of air getting pushed into them to not have some sort of effect.

Kawasaki bikes have ram air hp figures and their system is similar to the Busa. I think there's something to it...their numbers aren't huge (5-7 RWHP) but still are calculated into their specs.

Our air snorkels are stuck out front and if you are doing say 100mph, that's a lot of air getting pushed into them to not have some sort of effect.

+1
and, in the Busa ecu there is an on/off feature called Ram-Air Compensation, which adds fuel to make up for the extra air.
The computer calculates when and how much.
The ability to turn it off is obviously for all applications of the engine that Do Not use the ram-air.

Ram-air works, bike mfg's have been using it as basically free hp for decades, even before fuel injection. No, it's not 50% more hp, but you Can feel the difference.
I have ridden a zx7 and zx9 with no nose or fairings, and even though they were carburetted and jetted for the ram-air, and lacked aerodynamics with no nose on, the hp wasn't quite what it was into triple digits.

And, if it didn't work, they would be removed to keep dirt and rain out
:beerchug:

The twisting and bending doesn't matter either, the air is in there, and once it has pressure behind it, it keeps it coming.

Back