Soft luggage for a K8 Busa

Jasper

Registered
Hi all. I plan to do a fair bit od touring next year, and though i intend travelling light. The wife may have other ideas. To that end i need to purchase some luggage for the bike. I have seen the ventura luggage system and though it looks good, before i make a decision i need some of your expert advice. Help please. :bowdown:

If your wife is packing you may need to get a trailer :laugh: That's what my friend did with his Harley Ultra Classic

Well seeing I just go back from a trip to Deals Gap from Massachusetts, I would say DO NOT buy the soft bags from Field shear!! First off the under side melted from my exhaust when I was in a traffic jam, second they are not water resistant. I made the mistake of buying a cheeper set around 125. I plan on buying new ones this winter and I am buying a set that are leather simulated or a higher quality soft bag. The big thing is the heat I run a 2 bros system and even though the bags were 8 inches or so off the pipes they still melted.
Make sure you talk to the vender and have the ability to return the bags if this happens.

good luck Steven

I have a set of these, just make sure they are off your exhaust, and you need put blue painters tape on your paint so they dont rub. Dont ask how I know. :whistle:

Fieldsheer Expander Motorcycle Saddlebags :: New Enough Motorcycle Hard Parts

They have to be watched, anything not hard bolted on will need to be, but for the ease of packing and not having the wife double as a luggage rack, they are great, and the link I posted are one sale. I think I paid a total of 35 for mine, but that was last year.

I have RKA soft luggage and it works wonderfully. I came back from Alabama in a terrific rain storm and none of my clothes got wet. RKA is made in the USA and backed 100%. Wardie

Yea I forgot about the rubbing on the rear fender Mine started to do that, The padding they provide does not dp the job, and I went through t rain storms and I had to dry all my clothes at the hotel.

Also the stiching where the bags attach also started to come apart, and I only packed about 20 lbs in each and I only went for 8 days.

I have cortech soft saddle bags (and tailbag) on my GSXR 600. They have a lot of miles on them and so far I am very impressed. The only complaint I have with them are the rear pegs. If the peg is in the up position it will wear a hole in the bottom of the saddle bag really quickly. Just want everyone to watch out for this with soft bags.

Well it's going to depend on your needs as much as anything. This isn't something most people use a lot, but only on occasion.

I went with the Nelson-Rigg soft baggs. Bought them for my '06 and they work on the '08 too. Plenty of room for his and hers weekends and then some. Snap to put on and take off and carry into the room with ya.

Nelson-Riggs. The go on and come off in seconds. You carry them into the room like luggage. Plenty of room for his and hers long weekends.

Use painters tape and double it up on application to eliminate the rubbing you experienced. Wardie

Hi Guys. Thanks alot for all the advice. This site is awesome for Busa riders. I know the Ventira System is expensive but i do intend to carry out alot of touring next year and fingers crossed make it to the 2010 IOM TT. It has always been a dream of mine to watch the IOIM TT up close and personal. Those guys have big set of B........cks!! to do what they do.

Thanks again for the advice and i will post the pics when i make the purchase. More than likely the Ventura.

Ride well, ride Safe.

Steve:beerchug:

Whenever you are ready. :thumbsup: RKA Luggage is very well-known in the community, made locally, and 15+ yrs in the biz. You call them, and a warm body picks up the phone.

Click here:
RKA Luggage - Suzuki Hayabusa GSX1340R Comm Tankbag | Pashnit Moto

Huff_2_900.jpg

Huff_7_900.jpg

Huff_6_900.jpg

Huff_4_900.jpg

Huff_3_900.jpg

Huff_5_900.jpg

Huff_1_900.jpg

Huff_2_900.jpg

Huff_7_900.jpg

Huff_6_900.jpg

Huff_4_900.jpg

Huff_3_900.jpg

Huff_5_900.jpg

Huff_1_900.jpg

I have the Ventura luggage rack with the 51 litre bag.
Pros: Very easy to get on off. Real nice that it is on the back seat secure and does not move. Good amount of room, plenty of pocket space.
Cons: The position of the bag behind the rider creates drag, especially at high speed >150mph. I will need to shore up the rear bar with a welded gusset to handle this stress. Zippers are good but I would have liked a bit better for the price

I like the RKA saddle bags, but don't have them. Saddle bags may not create the amount of drag at speed. However, I am not sure they will fit if you have a full Yosh R55 exhaust. The pipe maybe too high.

Back