So your ride is chained down and ur

thumb_up.gif

well?...the 1st thing i see wrong here is...

1. if i were a bike thieving criminal type i'd be damned if i'd be caught tot'in a 3' long, 50lb set of bolt cutters with me..which leads me too..

point 2: cause i'd be carrying a 5 lb cordless dremmel with a fiber-reinforced diamond dust cut-off wheel...in my hip pocket.

chains and locks are only a deterent to keep desperate men honest.

JMHO & L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

Security is best done in tiers; even then, a determined thief can still swipe your pride and joy!
guns.gif

Soooo very right you are... Still it did surprise me that they could cut some of those chains! I was planning on anchoring my bikes down in the garage, oh and I have 24/7 video on the house/garage.
cool.gif

and not a pair of safety goggles in any of those videos.

With all that metal shattering, I'd be wearing a pair.......

Well,I have a scorpio,a German Sheppard dog and one other thing the "Blokes" in the UK dont, GUNS!
guns.gif

tis why i dont bother with chains...
Exactly....all the security footage I have seen from bikes being stolen, they don't even bother with the chains. They just get two guys to pick it up and toss it in a truck and mess with the chain later. If it is in fact locked to something, they just spray it with ice cold liquid (not sure where they get it) and then hit it with a hammer. The chain shatters in seconds and again, they are gone. If they want it had enough, they will get it...
sad.gif

It is impressive but you know I agree with the above. I don't think many thieves that want a bike are gonna carry a 5 foot long bolt cutter..lol. besides if they wanted it that bad how bout just carrying the tool to take the front wheel off?

I use brinks 5/8 coated cable, harder to cut than a chain ( unless you have a ratcheting cable cutter) and fits nicely under the seat. +1 on the dog & boom stick, but now a days, still that aint enough. been lucky so far.

A motion sensor along with a ground anchor/ a heavy chain and lock and a loaded Glock makes for great security. p.s. big mean dogs help too! That is multi-tiered security folks!

The almax chains are resistent to cold spray attacks. Also it helps if, when you chain it up, chain it so that the chain/lock can not reach to the ground. If you don't have concrete as an anvil it makes cold spray/impact near impossible.

Have you guys seen this before?

Last edited by a moderator:
Get insurance, boys. A cost worth the risk.

--Wag--

Back