Last chain & sprockets you will ever buy?

dreamwalker

Registered
Hey guys. I saw these guys at the Chicago motorcycle show. The reps knew a lot more than I did about motorcycles so Im deferring to the masses to see what you think. They say that these are the last sprockets that you will ever have to buy and the chain life is 4-5 times longer than any other chain. Anyone who knows anything about these let me know please. I have 22k on factory and Im going to switch before season starts. Thanks for any help.

http://www.sidewindersprockets.com/

I have one of those ready to go on the Busa when the current sprocket wears out.  The Titanium aloy is lighter and stronger than steel.  The claim that it is the last sprocket you will buy since they have a lifetime warantee on it.  The question is how well they honor the warantee if it should happen to wear out.

I have looked at their stuff in the past... If you get what you pay for, then it should be the last ones you buy..

Sprocket $160
Sprocket (ft) $90
Chain $250

I have a tough time with $500.. maybe if I had a turbo or raced but for a basically stock street bike? to rich for my blood

Personally, I'm a bit skeptical of folks that make outragous claims trying to make a sale?

their chain lube sounds impressive:

Oil base lubricants are bad news. They leave a sticky film that attracts dirt & grit and causes excessive
wear to the drive system. "SS-51"￾ has no oil base components, no organics, no waxes, and leaves no
gummy residue after application. In this way "SS-51"￾ eliminates great amounts of friction, yielding
maximum power transfer and reducing destructive chain & sprocket wear.

"SS-51"￾ has no wax or paraffin base components either. So-called "chain waxes"￾ melt & sling off at very
low temperatures and leave no lubrication behind. "SS-51"￾ is certified operational from "“80F to +600F. "SS-
51"￾ will not melt like a candle and leave your chain dry and kinked.

"SS-51"￾ is not a "WD"￾ type solvent or cleaner. Many people don't realize that "WD"￾ type products are
basically solvents that have no lubricating qualities at all. In fact, these chemicals are very corrosive toward
rubber products (like O-rings and Smart Rings) causing them to dry out, crack and fail.

"SS-51"￾ is the direct result of aerospace chemical technology and military research into severe-duty,
extreme temp lubes for artillery and firearms.

winkold.gif

Picture deleted due to gross factor.

I sell a PBI Sprocket Set and A EK ZVX2 Chain Package,It won't be the last you buy but I will say you will be surprised in the amount of time it is between the purchase time and your next set..

I sell a PBI Sprocket Set and A EK ZVX2 Chain Package,It won't be the last you buy but I will say you will be surprised in the amount of time it is between the purchase time and your next set..
much easier to swallow... I bet they cost less than $500?

and that was one big pile huh? sheesh...

two other things to consider....their definition of "worn out" ... and whether they will even exist as a company a year or two from now.

some people take all the money they can and then dissolve the company.

with 22K on a factory chain you are already WAY ahead of the game....go with what you know works for you.

I have looked at their stuff in the past... If you get what you pay for, then it should be the last ones you buy..

Sprocket $160
Sprocket (ft) $90
Chain $250

I have a tough time with $500.. maybe if I had a turbo or raced but for a basically stock street bike?  to rich for my blood
I didn't pay full retail for mine.

I also taked with them at the show. He asked what I rode. He said if I keep the bike long enough that I would probable beat him out of a sprocket.
Meaning a Busa can get thru one if you keep it long enough. And that they would still replace it for free.
The more you maintain your chain and alaingment, any sprockets & chain will last longer. But Ti is even better.

Also like BusaCruise mentioned. Will they still be around? I think they will be around, but dunno. I was gonna try a set on 1 of my bike next time around.

Ever gonna try switching gearing? That will be expensive if you buy Ti every time. I wouldn't consider it if I planned on playing with gearing. So they wont be going on my 06LE.

their chain lube sounds impressive:

Oil base lubricants are bad news.  They leave a sticky film that attracts dirt & grit and causes excessive
wear to the drive system.  "SS-51"￾ has no oil base components, no organics, no waxes, and leaves no
gummy residue after application.  In this way "SS-51"￾ eliminates great amounts of friction, yielding
maximum power transfer and reducing destructive chain & sprocket wear.

"SS-51"￾ has no wax or paraffin base components either.  So-called "chain waxes"￾ melt & sling off at very
low temperatures and leave no lubrication behind. "SS-51"￾ is certified operational from "“80F to +600F. "SS-
51"￾ will not melt like a candle and leave your chain dry and kinked.

"SS-51"￾ is not a "WD"￾ type solvent or cleaner.  Many people don't realize that "WD"￾ type products are
basically solvents that have no lubricating qualities at all.  In fact, these chemicals are very corrosive toward
rubber products (like O-rings and Smart Rings) causing them to dry out, crack and fail.

"SS-51"￾ is the direct result of aerospace chemical technology and military research into severe-duty,
extreme temp lubes for artillery and firearms.
I almost forgot about that. I did like the lube. Still didn't buy, I have several to empty before buying another brand.
He told me that SS-51 was developed for desert storm. Again, Dunno. I wasn't looking for proof. I just didn't care.

I would buy it if it was about 75% of the current price.

The lifetime replacement is based on average frequency of owners selling bikes, not any actual belief that the alloy is eternal...
winkold.gif

That being said, I would like to have the sprockets and chain on my bike...

I think I'll try the lube out, but PJ1 black label has done a great job for me.

Back