So this is the way the New Year is gonna be?

I got the oppracing carbon fender and it looks sick and is much cheaper than the coerce! i dont really like the coerce lol

The broken fender is a stock metal fender, right? That is really strange. I would expect it to bend before it broke. Weird. And expensive. Hope you like the CF fender.

The broken fender is a stock metal fender, right? That is really strange. I would expect it to bend before it broke. Weird. And expensive. Hope you like the CF fender.
Nope its plastic,maybe someone over tightened the bolts,thats what it looks like.NJ.
NJ, yah I agree, but the fender has never been off before, so how it happened is a mystery to me...but your observation is exactally what my dad and I both conversed about.

The broken fender is a stock metal fender, right? That is really strange.  I would expect it to bend before it broke. Weird. And expensive. Hope you like the CF fender.
Nope its plastic,maybe someone over tightened the bolts,thats what it looks like.NJ.
NJ, yah I agree, but the fender has never been off before, so how it happened is a mystery to me...but your observation is exactally what my dad and I both conversed about.
not to stain yer mechanical ability there Bub...but...

it looks to me like a stress fracture caused by whom ever was the last to re/re that brake line.

They can be a bich to get off and on. Those brake line holders are tighter than a .....

nevermind. RSD.

not to stain yer mechanical ability there Bub...but...

it looks to me like a stress fracture caused by whom ever was the last to re/re that brake line.

They can be a bich to get off and on. Those brake line holders are tighter than a .....

nevermind. RSD.
Yah, I thought about that also, but After I took the line off, there was no crack / breakage...but your theory makes sense to me. Im wondering if by taking the line off - I stressed the plastic, and it didnt noticbly crack right away, but maybe cracked over a few hours - Maybe this might make sense with Fiberglass, but this is ABS plastic...so, thus continues the mystery.

the only other thing that comes to mind is the routing of yer new brake line.

Perhaps: you went over a bump, a big one, the biggest bump since you installed new lines, and when the rebound occured in the suspension, it travelled farther than it had before,placing stress on the brake line holder.

what do ya think Watson?

Sherlock...out.

Back