Hayabusa Owners Group

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TRE?????????

dredge01

Registered
<span style='font-size:13pt;line-height:100%'></span><span style='font-family:papyrus'></span><span style='color:purple'></span> Has any one installed one of these TRE's on their bike and if so is it working the way people say it does??? I already rip the front wheel off the ground at low speeds with very little effort.... I was wondering if I should make this investment or if its such a dramitic change I'm gonna kill my self? and for those who have one on a scale from 1-10 how would you rate it and Y. I just bought a power commander and an Akraprovic Evolution exhaust 4 it cause my old system was pretty beat up after the bike was stolen. But it seems to be running well and is there any other cheap hores power tricks I should know of???
ThanX!!! \m/(-_-)\m/

What's a TRE?
rock.gif
???

seriously I wouldn't waste your money unless you are going to go past the 186mph on the speedo. People have said it actually slows you down in the quarter mile.

Please do a search before you post about a TRE!

It's probably the most discussed topic on any Hayabusa site in the world!

P.S....unless you top your bike out everyday and want more, there realy is NO NEED FOR A TRE!
wink.gif

Yes hundeds have installed a TRE. No you do not ned it unless you are top-end racing. It is mostly for taking the bke off of speed restriction. All the other useses can be achieved with a good tuner.

Sticking to the subject:

I have installed one... and after a while, I have uninstalled it. It's a pretty simple installation (plug and play), and the results really show up on top speed.
My tests made (without RAM-AIR effect) - on a power commander center:
TOP speed without TRE = 171
TOP speed with TRE = 188

On the road i didn't notice anything special, although people told me the Busa would be a different bike. I didn't notice anything really special on riding, neither top speed was a thing that really made such a difference.

My opinion is that the TRE is not worth the money:
- it makes the fuel comsumptions go higher (something important if you have to pay about $1,20 per litre)
- it messes with all gear's injection map (not only 5th and 6th speed)
- and finally it doesn't fill the expectations you might have before you buy it

that's my 2cents...

Another tidbit--on the dyno in forth --with tre "on"--tricking the ecu--bike computer--into thinking it was in fifth made a tad less HP's than with the tre "on" than "off"---On a side note--A tre that is switchable--
when it's "on" your bike may run smoother at low rev's----2k-3k putti'n around town. And if yer gonna top it out in sixth gear which i have not done yet tre "on"---176 Gps in 5th is my personal best..slow by N.E. speeds------------  
biggrin.gif
 And what J.C. said------

<!--EDIT|PaceMaster
Reason for Edit: "Spelling--sumthin' bout Budwieser"|1106095623 -->

Unless your trying to get to 190MPH+ you don't need it. Power commander and a custom map is the way to go.  
wink.gif

<!--EDIT|BA BUSA
Reason for Edit: None given...|1106104842 -->

Wanna buy one, Make an offer.
smile.gif

<!--EDIT|jusmoov
Reason for Edit: None given...|1106105029 -->

Hmmm maybe we can just make a switch for it. Hook it up to run thru a toggle. So that you have your 1st thru 5th gears run normal then when you want to bust thru the restriction flick the switch. I bet that would work...What do you think. I just invented that.

Hmmm maybe we can just make a switch for it.  Hook it up to run thru a toggle.  So that you have your 1st thru 5th gears run normal then when you want to bust thru the restriction flick the switch.  I bet that would work...What do you think.  I just invented that.
my kit already does that without a switch, just trying to fiqure out price

Hmmm maybe we can just make a switch for it.  Hook it up to run thru a toggle.  So that you have your 1st thru 5th gears run normal then when you want to bust thru the restriction flick the switch.  I bet that would work...What do you think.  I just invented that.
my kit already does that without a switch, just trying to fiqure out price
JC,

Let us know what you come up with.  I would love to have something like that.  I get sick and tired of taking the TRE on and off everytime I want to do a TOP SPEED blast, ride on the street, and then take it to the 1/4-mile!
sad.gif

It would be handy to have a little hidden switch for 6th gear only.  
super.gif

Josh
pirate.gif

P.S. If you can do it for less $$$ than a TRE, you'll put them out of business.

<!--EDIT|Got-Busa?
Reason for Edit: None given...|1106318398 -->

JUST REMOVED TRE FROM MT BUSA 2007 COULD NOT TELL ANY DIFFRENCE EXCEPT IT DRANK GO GO JUICE AND AT £1.10 A LITRE YES $2 A LITRE IT HAD TO GO.IVE HAD 3 BUSAS 1999/2001/2007 AND LUV UM BUT TRE A WASTE
cool.gif

Top Bottom