So not sexxy...

But if I am going to be out there hitting high speeds or twisties, pants and jacket....Hey I am in Florida and the heat is murder at times even with a T-shirt and shorts.
I've heard about the twisties in Florida. 11 curves in 318 miles.
laugh.gif

better than nothin'

I ride almost every day to and from work and no matter what the temp is I always gear up.

No real gear fits well for the short an morbidly obese but i have to ride. No gear other than a lid. If the fall doesn't kill me the heart attack i got coming will. If my Busa hits the pavement I am sure I will have that heart attack right there and then.
sad.gif

For all the whiners about "It's too hot", DON'T RIDE!!!

It's been 7 days in full leathers, and no women yet.  
lurk.gif

I haven't seen daytime temps below 80f since day 1.

RioGrande_Me.JPG

86f and climbing. That was yesterday at 10AM, and the temp hit 103f by the time I got out of the mountains. It was 93f when I got to my motel for the night.

Nope. Not if I keep riding. I peel off the sleeves when I stop if it's too hot. I wear a shirt and pants under the leathers from Hansons. It's an evaporitive cloth that feels like air conditioning when I get them wet and ride. My leathers also have perforations over most of the front. My gloves and boots also allow pretty good air flow.

beerchug.gif

Thats a good idea, i'll have to remember that.
thumb_up.gif

What would be better, JRocket Mesh, or your leathers?
rock.gif

Most mesh I have seen tests on hve survived pretty well up to 35 MPH without extra armor underneeth it. I have personally tested leather above 35. I had no rash.

Also, if mesh was currently better wouldn't the AMA and MotoGP riders be wearing it? Mesh melts when it encounters friction.

Sweat washes off. Road Rash washes out.

I mean't heat-wise, but i didn't even think of the roadrash aspect, thanks for brining THAT to my attention.
winkold.gif

Heat wise mesh will allow plenty of air flow. It will also leave most of your skin exposed to the sun. The sun will heat your skin and the wind will cool you back off. If you ride at freeway speeds for a few hours a day you can get wind burn with the mesh. A good mesh jacket will also need to be replaced once every 1 to 2 years as the velcro and plastic zippers wear.

Good perforated leathers will feel hotter when you stop, but cool you plenty when you move. It will also keep your skin covered from sun and wind exposure. A good leather suit or jacket can be used for several years if it's taken care of. The zippers on most leather garments is also metal. I have a set of leathers that I crashed in that are perfectly good for more riding. I even used them for 2 years after the crash. IMO I got a bargain on the leathers at twice the price of the textiles.

BTW, the leathers in that pic are made for endurance racing. They are made for all day comfort.

It's been 7 days in full leathers, and no women yet.
lurk.gif
I'm down in here in the Malibu Alps. You up in the Cascades somewhere?
Hey, what's the fuzzy thing on the fairing???
I'm currently in central Utah. I'll be riding through Cali in 2 or 3 days pending getting my tires replaced.

The fuzzy thing is a hitch hiker that I found in Lolo Pass last week.
Give a shout. Your hitchhiker looks like he could use a sandwich.
Central Utah? That don't look like Utah to me...
Where're the mesa's?

Back