Snapped my Chain... *pics*

Don't even bring it to Suzuki.
"IF" they DO warantee it, they will just give you another POS stock Busa chain.
You've already broken 1. you'll brake the next 1 too.

Go for the EK ZVX

Talk to Charles at
StreetNTrackImport Links Gone

<!--EDIT|SLEEPERBUSA
Reason for Edit: None given...|1098249839 -->

Yeah you are definitely lucky Cecil. You're lucky you didn't crack your water pump, case and gear shift cover. Since the water pump sits right in front of the front sprocket, the whip from the chain could have cracked that sucka. As far as chains go, I've been real satisfied with the D.I.D. ZVM x-ring chain. One added advantage of the D.I.D. is that it comes pre-stretched from the factory. I've had mine on for about a year and a half now and haven't had to adjust it once. I also like the 'gold' side plates. I think the 'gold' chains are the cat's ass. But whatever you choose, just make sure you go with an x-ring chain rather than the standard o-ring chain because x-ring chains have some advantages over the standard o-ring chain. Also, I was reading my Motorcyclists mag the other day and they have come out with a z-ring chain that is supposed to be better than the x-ring. I didn't finish the entire read-up on it, but if I remember correctly, I think that Regina makes that particular chain. Just my .02, but it could sometime be worth a million bucks. Oh yeah, and as Sleeperbusa said, contact Charles at Street n Track for all your needs. I've dealt with him on several occassions, and he's a true standup guy. Almost like me...
biggrin.gif

Brian

Dayum... Think it has anything to do with all of them wheelies?
biggrin.gif
Seriously though makes me wonder if maybe Sundays excursion had anything to do with it? Interesting...

But Man, we have all heard "ride it like ya stole it", It's good to see someone out there actually doin it..
cool.gif

I'll bet it would be a warranty Item.... I was also wondering if maybe your rear wheel was a little outta whack after Sunday, but when I was looking at your bike Sunday your chain didn't look over tight and it wasn't making any noise. So....

<!--EDIT|Revlis
Reason for Edit: None given...|1098281433 -->

OK, this may be crazy, but how cool would it be to be able to run the chain enclosed in the swing arm somehow. Guess it would be ugly to have a dirtbike disk cover over the sprocket though. I think your bike looks hot without the chain. :o)

Just got a new DID X ring myself with new sprockets (reg gearing...17/40??). Backordered on the chain riveting thingy and I ain't puttin a clip on. But from my in depth research.....the Tsubaki chain has the highest tensile strengh followed by the EK and DID top of the line chains. The EK and DID for the hayabusa all have tensile strengths above 10,000.

You are fortunate. That chain could have wreaked havoc. My stock chain has 12,000 miles and will be replaced in a few weeks when the freaking riveting link comes in. But I do still ride like a pussy. No wheelies, no burnouts. Just a few runs to 140 or so and then I pee in my pants.

Spend the money and get a good chain.

With it being a '04, you could prolly get it covered under warranty and wait til you really decide what you want.

Just a thought...

Jay
The warranty will NOT cover the chain.
Had a customer snap one with 138 miles on the clock
bike was two days old... NOT covered.

<!--EDIT|RaiderDm
Reason for Edit: "1143"|1098292586 -->

Just got a new DID X ring myself with new sprockets (reg gearing...17/40??).  Backordered on the chain riveting thingy and I ain't puttin a clip on.   But from my in depth research.....the Tsubaki chain has the highest tensile strengh followed by the EK and DID top of the line chains.  The EK and DID for the hayabusa all have tensile strengths above 10,000.

You are fortunate.  That chain could have wreaked havoc.  My stock chain has 12,000 miles and will be replaced in a few weeks when the freaking riveting link comes in.  But I do still ride like a pussy.  No wheelies, no burnouts.  Just a few runs to 140 or so and then I pee in my pants.

Spend the money and get a good chain.
Yer Killing me Man...
smile.gif

No wheelies, no burnouts. Just a few runs to 140 or so and then I pee in my pants.[/QUOTE] He he... Thats funny...

Suzuki dosent warranty chains
Rich
Will they warranty damage caused by a broken chain though?

Man, all this talk of chain snapping has me wondering... is it only a matter of time? I don't do wheelies, but I do my fair share of hard 1st gear launches (after the clutch is fully engaged).

Secondly, why the hell does phatjoe always post this?

CHUUCH

I know I haven't been around the board for too awful long, but I've been wondering for awhile and decided to ask.

1zhelp.gif
biggrin.gif

With it being a '04, you could prolly get it covered under warranty and wait til you really decide what you want.

Just a thought...

Jay
Suzuki covered my chain and all the damage it did to the case 50/50. I paid extra to get the DID ZVM chain. While the bike was at the dealer they dropped it
mad.gif
They didn't want to fix the extra damage after that. I haven't gone back since.

Went with the RK W ring chain. has an extra ridge on the faces of the "o" ring for and additional seal.

It was the strongest chain I could locate.

Just a thought...

Jay
Suzuki covered my chain and all the damage it did to the case 50/50. I paid extra to get the DID ZVM chain.  While the bike was at the dealer they dropped it  
mad.gif
 They didn't want to fix the extra damage after that. I haven't gone back since.
I don't know what they TOLD you but SUZUKI didn't pay for it.
The Dealership and or its insurance did.

<!--EDIT|RaiderDm
Reason for Edit: "1144"|1098312928 -->

Suzuki dosent warranty chains
Rich
Will they warranty damage caused by a broken chain though?

Man, all this talk of chain snapping has me wondering... is it only a matter of time? I don't do wheelies, but I do my fair share of hard 1st gear launches (after the clutch is fully engaged).

Secondly, why the hell does phatjoe always post this?

CHUUCH

I know I haven't been around the board for too awful long, but I've been wondering for awhile and decided to ask.

1zhelp.gif
biggrin.gif
CHUUCH = Praise God... In this case, could of been much worse... CHUUCH

I would definitely say that you are lucky! I'm hoping I get a good feel with my 16/42 setup and DID chain. I miss my bike!

So far I have scored two sprockets and a chain...
Now, to get the bike to my buddy's garage where I can do the work...

Gotta truck... just hard gettin that big ole bike up there.

Got my front in today...Waiting on the rear to re-gear 16/42...Can't wait...
evil.gif

Had a few local guys with bikes help me load her up....
Now off to a destination unknown to swap out the chain & sprockets...

BikePics.com

BikePics.com

Back