Snapped my Chain... *pics*

Good News: Today I finally took the time to replace the chain.

BadNews: The bike is leaking oil from the area surrounding the front shaft... not good.

I have had two different shops look at my bike.
Neither has found evidence of damage caused from the chain breaking.
However, neither has found were it is leaking oil... AAUURRGGHH!!>:

The Suzuki dealership had it ready to go home yesterday.
I asked that they keep it an additional day to see if it is still leaking oil.

got her home...
Took her for a test ride...
So far, so good.

Before I left I properly adjusted my chain... it was too tight.
I lubed the chain and checked the alignment of the rear wheel.

Took it nice and easy for about 25 - 30 miles...
Pulled over in a well lit gas station to check for leakage... all good, no visible leaks.

THen on the way home hit the rev-limiter in 6th after a good 2nd to 3rd gear wheelie...

... I missed her so...

THen on the way home hit the rev-limiter in 6th after a good 2nd to 3rd gear wheelie...
Man, glad it's fixed finally.

Red line in 6th!
rock.gif
Only in Florida. I only managed 150 for 2 sec. Not too many straight roads where there is no place for cops to hide.

2nd to 3rd gear wheelies. Sounds like fun. I'm working of 1st gear wheelies first.

Man, glad it's fixed finally.

Red line in 6th!  
rock.gif
 Only in Florida. I only managed 150 for 2 sec. Not too many straight roads where there is no place for cops to hide.

2nd to 3rd gear wheelies.  Sounds like fun. I'm working of 1st gear wheelies first.
... she's my therapy...

and in Florida... there are many unpopulated areas to validate top-speed
muscle.gif

YEA IM WITH BACHARLES, I SEEN A BUDDY ON HIS BUSA SNAP HIS CHAIN GOING 145 DOWN THE INTERSTATE AND BY TIME HE GOT STOPPED HE CRACKED HIS CASING AND OIL WENT EVERYWHERE CAUSING THE ENGINE TO LOCK UP ALL OVER A STOCK BUSA CHAIN. I THINK SUZUKI NEEDS TO UPGRADE AND START MAKING THEIR CHAINS A LOT MORE TENSILE STRENGTH. CAUSE FOR THE COST OF A NEW CHAIN IT COST THE GUY A NEW ENGINE FOR THE BUSA. BEEEEE CAREFUL

PHAT JIMMY

corvettechase.gif

Back