Hayabusa Owners Group

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Smoke and oil!!!!!

OB_sayonara1

Registered
What happens if small huffs of smoke is coming from the crankcase breather hose that goes into the air box....
Or what is going on if oil is coming from there also?
My bike is doing that....
Any ideas?
Thanks

How's the oil-level in the window?

Model 2000 is a lot more susceptible to problems due to higher oil levels because they dumped the overflow/breather construction of the '99 probably in favor of less chance of hoses in eachothers way in that area leading to kinked fuel lines?

99 model.
Oil level is between H-L.
numbnuts... Where is the oil catch tank located?

[This message has been edited by sayonara1 (edited 11 August 2000).]

Should be OK that way ... I'd then go with NN's suggestion, that is, small plastic overflow/breather tank on top of crankcase is probably filled-up mostly and you should locate the hose coming from it and ending in small plastic drain-cap (with clip around hose-end) resting on top of front sprocket cover and pull out hose leftwards a little before taking off cap and draining the "oily water" from it into some sort of receptacle.

Have you been doing e.g. lots of short/slow trips like in rainy circumstances?

No short trips. I have been on lots of long trips...
I work 2 1/2 hours away from where I am staying. So once a week I take the busa on the freeway..

Thanks for the adviced.. I will try to located it...

Top Bottom