Small air box mod

BUMP
all_coholic.gif

(robbzbusa @ Apr. 25 2007,13:53) I LEFT THE VALVE IN AND HOSE PLUGED UP WILL THAT HURT ANYTHING...I TOOK DOOR OUT BUT AFTER EPOXING THE SCREENS IN THE FAIRINGS I DIDNT FEEL LIKE MESSIN WIT NO MORE EPOXY..THAT AND LAZY...FIGURED WOULD JUST HAVE MOVEMENT OF THE VALVE BUT NOT WORKING ANYTHING YA KNOW
I did the same thing... any one have any objection to leaving it in and hooked up? with the flap removed it is still working but just not moving any thing...

I'm going to do the small airbox mod to my busa, I have Yoshi tri-ovals and a powercommander 3, is there a map any where for the the air box mod or is the map for my yoshi cans and K&N filter good enough??

I'm going to do the small airbox mod to my busa, I have Yoshi tri-ovals and a powercommander 3, is there a map any where for the the air box mod or is the map for my yoshi cans and K&N filter good enough??
Most maps are baseline maps, to get the effect from this mod you need to have the bike tuned on a dyno!

I just finished doing the mod. I plan on sticking the valve back in the hole and calling it good. I have the brocks megaphone system with the brocks performance map in the pc.

so if i cut out the flaper valve frame inside the box and pull and plug the vac line going to the valve then it should be all good then right
rock.gif
? anyone els do this ?? effects ??

,Justin

EaSy FrEE PoWeR!!!!!!!

ok so i finaly got around to pulling the air box and yankin the flaper and flapper valve out ...... forced the flapper out through the flapper frame ....... and plugged the vac line to the valve . push/screwed the valve back in and i cut out the plastic that goes up from the flapper frame and extendes into the airfilter ... once its installed ...... basicaly to put it short ...... HoLy Fu*k!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thoes rpms come on alot faster and it will float the from end like it doesint weigh anything ... were as before id have to try to bring the front end up ........ wew ! definatly reccomend it ! i didint have it dynod or tuned ........ but sh*t , i can tell a BIGGGGG diff in performance !!!!!!!!!!
hell yes ! easy .... free hp/trq . if you do mech work then you dont even need a service manual to do this . everything is self explanitary . just doubble check that you hooked everything back up before you drop the tank back down !

,Justin

That sounds enticing but I need some sort of an answer to a question posed in the other thread about this before I go cutting up the air box. Glad that we did get some recent feedback on this mod.
ThumbsUp.gif

I added a pipercross filter with this mod. It's also butt dyno approved. I actually picked up MPG. Currently running 42 mpg

welp..i guess this'll hit me this weekend.. dammit for modding.. i can't stop.. between my cars, and bike... gahh my wallet hurts..

BUTTT. i do want it done right. so, i'll wanna do spark plugs and an air filter at the same time...

SOOO. which plugs, which filter, and where can i get them?? thanks!

Stock plugs work for me. Pipercross, K&N, BMG all make good filters. I have a BMG unit in mine. Your local dealer probably carries K&N or BMG and the plugs but expect higher prices than shopping the 'Net.

I need to do this too. John, how bout you fly over here on yer bike and do it for me? LOL
bowdown.gif

well i did this in all of 20 minutes tonight after work! worked great. i believe i feel a difference.. but until i get a pc and tune the bike i'm not gonna feel any of the mods i've done..that i can tell oh well!

Back