Slaying the Dragon.

I tried this last year, but then something came up and i had to cancel. But if you guys want to plan a roadtrip to Deals Gap in July or August I'll be glad to meet you up there. The busa is down for a week or two (trying to resolve the starter failure
sad.gif
) But I hope to be up and running real soon.

Let me know or may we can post something and get some input

I tried this last year, but then something came up and i had to cancel. But if you guys want to plan a roadtrip to Deals Gap in July or August I'll be glad to meet you up there. The busa is down for a week or two (trying to resolve the starter failure
sad.gif
) But I hope to be up and running real soon.

Let me know or may we can post something and get some input

It looks like I will be going up Wed 7/23-Fri 7/25. Rotating off days at work and three of so on the same crew ride. If anyone else can get weekdays off you're welcome to join us. Details to follow.

Maybe I can tag along with you guys. I'll see if I can get a couple of days off. I haven't done a Deals Gap trip yet this year. Need my twisty fix again sometime soon.

Ben,
How would you get there? My friends live down south of the airport and have a trailer. (I would have to talk to them) I live in Hall county and just got a trailer also. Or we could ride up there and meet the other guys there like I did last year.

jwcfbd Posted on June 05 2003,5:04
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ben,
How would you get there?  My friends live down south of the airport and have a trailer. (I would have to talk to them) I live in Hall county and just got a trailer also.  Or we could ride up there and meet the other guys there like I did last year. [/QUOTE]

I prefer riding my bike.   I can get to Deal's Gap in 4 to 4 1/2 hours even if I take the route from Dahlonega thru Blairsville on Hwy 129.  If I can get the time off, I could meet y'all up there at the Gap or meet you somewhere closer if you're riding.

Not living close to this location doesn't take away the urge to wana visit..............

ks, you're welcome to come visit anytime. You could probably get here in one days drive. By the way, how was your Arkansas trip to Talimena drive?

jwcfbd Posted on June 05 2003,5:04
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ben,
How would you get there?  My friends live down south of the airport and have a trailer. (I would have to talk to them) I live in Hall county and just got a trailer also.  Or we could ride up there and meet the other guys there like I did last year.

I prefer riding my bike.   I can get to Deal's Gap in 4 to 4 1/2 hours even if I take the route from Dahlonega thru Blairsville on Hwy 129.  If I can get the time off, I could meet y'all up there at the Gap or meet you somewhere closer if you're riding.[/QUOTE]
The last time I went up I rode up 129 and meet my friends there. So when the time comes maybe we can hook up and make the ride together. I'll get back to you when time gets closer. I would hate for you to get the time off and then we not go. But I am sure we are going.

Sounds like fun, hope you don't mind me tagging along. Like you said, we can hash out details when time gets nearer. I definitely prefer to hit the dragon on a weekday if possible, less traffic and much less attention from the local LEO's.

I'll be there around 8/22/03 and 9/3/03 on my way to Milwaukee for the 100th Harley birthday.
biggrin.gif
I have to ride the V-ROD and leave the Busa home for that trip.
sad.gif

Please cry for me. as I wish I could take both bikes.

Sounds like fun, hope you don't mind me tagging along.   Like you said, we can hash out details when time gets nearer.  I definitely prefer to hit the dragon on a weekday if possible, less traffic and much less attention from the local LEO's.
Don't mind at all. I should know for sure in a few weeks. We have a long weekend so it would be wed-fri.

Back