Single or Double exhaust?

efiguero

Registered
Ok, first off I apologize if there was already a thread about this, but I could not find one. I just see threads about what are the best exhausts and so on. Anyhow, my question is, what is the benefit of having dual exhaust on the 08 Busa? I just want to make a better informed decision when I get an exhaust. I am kinda on the fence at the moment as far as looks go with the dual exhaust.

I know that if I get a full Yosh system, I will have to go with a single can. If I go with a slip on, I can keep both. I have noticed that there are full systems that have both cans, but man are they expensive. So if I go with a full system and one can, am I loosing any benefit by loosing the other can?

less cans = less weight= better handling = more fun
cool.gif

difficult to choose.. but i prefer the 4-1.
I think that the maybe the 4 not V cylinders engines work better with these, but it s a kind of question..what do you prefer, brunnete or blondie?..it s a issue of taste..

difficult to choose.. but i prefer the 4-1.
I think that the maybe the 4 not V cylinders engines work better with these, but it s a kind of question..what do you prefer, brunnete or blondie?..it s a issue of taste..
No difficulty at all!

Dual pipes look great.

Single pipes make the bike look like an amputee.

This is my belief and I am always right.

Everyone knows this.

I'm getting the Tsukigi 4-1 exhaust. I prefer the extensive loss of weight and the look of the Tsukigi. I prefer amputee!!

Thanks for the info, I forgot to mention I new the benefit of the weight loss of going to a single pipe. But what is the pro other than look for keeping double cans? Anyone have a full exhaust with dual?

Going with the full system instead of dual slip ons eliminates the cat and heavy header pipes.

What? Rofl... TiForce makes a 4-2-1-2 system that has dual cans and is a full system. It also makes really good horsepower improvements. AND, it's made of titanium and is a huge weight savings.

HMF also makes a full system with dual exhaust...pic from behind

IMG_0764__Large_.JPG

l-r: HMF dual high mount, HMF single high mount, HMF single low mount

IMG_1975__Large_.JPG

Yeah, I think I am probably going to just stick with the dual cans. Plus, not really interested in gaining more horse power, the bike is plenty powerful enough for me. I guess I am just looking for more cosmetic change and sound change. So now I just need to make a choice. I really like the look of the Micron GP, they just look so different, but that price tag is a killer. Other than the Microns, I think the only other ones I seem to like are the Yosh. So I guess I have some thinking to do. Thanks for all the help.

So settled on the Micron GP sidwinders, mainly because they are different. Everyone seems to have Yoshs, so I kinda wanted a different look. Don't get me wrong I like the way the Yosh looks (Maybe even a little more than the Micron, not much) but I want my bike to look different than the others. So I think the Micron does that, plus I found an awesome deal, and it happened to be in my own City. The guy had one last black set in stock and had them on sale for $973, which beats the $1100 or $1200 price tag I had been seeing online. They look way better in person, pictures don't do them justice. Also the install was extremely simple, any beginer could do it, took me 30 minutes. As for the sound, not 100% satisified yet, but I know they will get louder as they break in, but they sound way better than the stock did. I took some pictures, so I will post later. However, there have already been pictures posted of them, so it might get redundant. Oh, I did like the way the bike sounded without any pipes,
bowdown.gif
, I was like wow! lol

Back