SIDI Vertebra 2 AIR boots...

BulletTrain

Call me Daddy...
Donating Member
Registered
Ok, I told some of you that as soon as I rode in 'em I'd post comments on the SIDI Vertebra 2 Air boots I bought. Well, I took that ride today. I gotta say... THESE ARE SOME SWEET  RIDIN' BOOTS!!!
biggrin.gif

30332793.jpg

Fit is great now. I finally lost enough weight that the SIDI's are not too snug in the calves. That was the only thing keepin' me from wearin' 'em and ridin' in 'em sooner. They fit great in the ankle and foot areas when I got 'em.
wink.gif
Still wouldn't be any room to tuck ridin' pants into 'em yet, but that will come later. I've still got a lot of weight to lose.
biggrin.gif

The SIDI's are surprisingly flexible considering the amount of protection they should provide to your foot and ankle. When I first took off I was cautious because as we all know, when you ride for the first time with new boots, they can be stiff and a little awkward. That was NOT the case with the SIDI's. They are truly as comfortable as wearing only socks! That really surprised me.

Speakin' of protection, they seem to be loaded with it. Aside from maybe gettin' mashed somehow in a crash, your dogs should be pretty danged safe in these babies. Here's a few photos to show the safety features...

First, a pic of the front. You can see the shin guard and the padding on front of the ankle.

30333426.jpg

Here's a shot of the insole side. You can see the ankle puck built into the velcro closure flap. You can also see the heel protection and a side view of the Vertebra system.

30333427.jpg

And a shot of the other side. Let's see... Ankle puck, toe slider plates, the shin and calf puck/guard, outsole puck, heel guard, and another side view of the Vertebra system.

30333428.jpg

Here's a view from the rear. The Vertebra system in all it's glory. Oh, and the heel guard.
wink.gif

30333429.jpg

They have a nice shifter protection patch over your foot where the shifter hits. Made for painless shiftin' and great feel/feedback. In this photo you can see the shifter pad. You can also see the "Kent Vents" that allow air into the boot to cool the foot. While it didn't feel like an A/C unit blowin' on my feet, they actually did keep my feet cooler than any other boot I've rode in.

30332797.jpg

Here's a little better shot of the shifter pad.

30332795.jpg

I have to give these boots my highest rating and recommendation. They are truly excellent pieces. They blow the ICON Super Duty boots I have out of the water in comfort, flexibility, and without a doubt protection of the ankle, calf and shin. I think these boots are the best gear investment I've made yet. I am totally satisfied with 'em and would definitely buy the same boots if I had it to do over again.
wink.gif

BT

biggrin.gif

wink.gif

wink.gif

BT, you missed the most important aspect: they make you dead-secksay, babee!!!

I have wanted a pair of SIDI Vertebra for a while now. Where did you get them? How do they run size wise? Can I order my normal tennis shoe size and expect them to fit?

<!--EDIT|Krieg
Reason for Edit: None given...|1087679395 -->

I have wanted a pair of SIDI Vertebra for a while now. Where did you get them? How do they run size wise? Can I order my normal tennis shoe size and expect them to fit?
Got 'em from www.newenough.com. Great folks to buy gear from!
super.gif

As far as size, if you wear standard width shoes, get your shoe size. If you wear plus width shoes, step up one size in the SIDI's. That was NewEnough's suggestion and it was dead on. I can wear a 12-1/2 wide, or a 13 regular in most sneakers. I got size 13 SIDI's and the fit is great in the foot.
wink.gif

Hey Chris,

I'm glad that the Sidi's work for you, but I have to point out that when I tired them on and I tried 2 different pairs, they just did NOT fit my feet.
I currently ride in Alpinestars and I would love to buy a pair of COOLER boots for summer riding. I was hoping the Sidi "Airs" were going to be the answer, but they just did not fit my foot. Last year I tried another type of Sidi - Air Champion - and they didn't fit either. I guess that they are not cut for my foot shape.

Kent

Hey Chris,

I'm glad that the Sidi's work for you, but I have to point out that when I tired them on and I tried 2 different pairs, they just did NOT fit my feet.
I currently ride in Alpinestars and I would love to buy a pair of COOLER boots for summer riding.  I was hoping the Sidi "Airs" were going to be the answer, but they just did not fit my foot.  Last year I tried another type of Sidi - Air Champion - and they didn't fit either.  I guess that they are not cut for my foot shape.

Kent
Me too, I tried 2 different pair in my size and I coulda got a sweet deal on a new returned pair but they just didnt work for me comfort wize. I still think they are the coolest lookin boots out there.

I just ordered the icon motorhead boot, we shall see if they are as comfy as claimed...
rock.gif

Hey Chris,

I currently ride in Alpinestars and I would love to buy a pair of COOLER boots for summer riding.  I was hoping the Sidi "Airs" were going to be the answer, but they just did not fit my foot.  Last year I tried another type of Sidi - Air Champion - and they didn't fit either.  I guess that they are not cut for my foot shape.

Kent
Hey ksheldon,

To truly appreciate how comfortable a Sidi boot can be, you MUST wear them for a little while to stretch the leather. When I got mine last year (I've got the Sidi Tepor Evo's), and put them on-- man they were tight as hell. I have one of those in-between width foot. They are not narrow, but yet at the same time, they are not wide. I wear a size 13 in everything, and the Sidi's are very comfortable. When I put them on, I walked around the house with them on for about two hours and they gradually stretched to the point where they now custom fit my feet. I realize that it's not possible to do that unless you buy them first and are able to put the time into them, but trust me... you definitely have to give the boots a little time to stretch. That's my story and I'm stickin' to it!

Brian
cool.gif

BTW, I do wish I would have gone with the Vertebra's in the first place, but the Tepor Evo's are some great boots also.

Great lookin' boot, Chris! I have thought about getting a pair myself and probably will. I have a pair of Teknic Freeway 2's, but they just don't feel exactly right!

Back