Shraight shooting

Brandonhanson

Registered
I need some honest thoughts so my bike is an 06 not stretch or anything nothing majore really dome to it by all means i got talked into buying a Montgomery carbon air box with velocity stacks or some crap either way did i waste my money? I dont plan on being a 1/8th or 1/4 junkie i ride just to get out and bobo around and enjoy myself granted someday i may run a strip or something but its not a every weekend deal by all means. I picked that stuff up and a little fogger system i dont even have all the electronics to run that yet but one thing led to another and ueah its here. Sonce haveing the airbox i javnt noticed anything change really by all means so i really dont even know what the point of having a air box at that price is. Again im new to this whole deal amd i over think this stuff alot so please bare with me lol

1598299053304.png

View attachment 1625515
Good god id hate to be the guy infront or behinde that catching the glare from the sun

That money would have been better spent on other things if you want performance. They're nice, but not cheap, and don't really give you much on an otherwise stock bike.
That was kinda my thought obviously i wasnt 100% sober when i made that purchase hell i only got pc3 on it hahahahaha atleast its carbon lmfao i guess thats a positive

Ok so thought that airbox in order to use it to its full potential i guess you could say what would a guy have to sink into the bike. Lile would it even be worth it cuz racing is pointless for me i am cord feed 100% lmfao

Figure out what your goals are for the bike before buying anything else. Modding these bikes is a rabbit hole that will have you in serious debt if you let it, there are so many different things you can do to one. Decide what you want in terms of power, reliability, handling, comfort, looks, etc, then decide what type of riding you're going to do. That will help you figure out what direction to spend your money.

I would assume that if you decided to sell the airbox and stacks, they would go fairly quick to. Recoup some of you outlay and use it for better road upgrades maybe?

That airbox would sell fast to a serious 1/4 mile guy.
If you paid full price and could only get like 50% return,that would be a drag. I understand carbon everything...titanium everything...but wow. Aren't those thing like 15 hundred bucks. OUCH.
The previous owner of my bike had everything powder coated and anodized

. Looks awesome for the exposed stuff,but this...

amsoil 1.JPG

anodized box. IDK. Looks good in the pits,pre race I guess.
Rubb.

This all just popped up for me sorry i wasnt ignoring everyone by all means ans yeah rubb the box was 1500 and the stacks i think were like 150 or something. Unfortunately i lerned a very valuable lesson dont take just one persons word that obviously has no idea what there talkong about lol and dont drink after not drinking for years and years so basicially im looking at this "investment" in 2 ways one always research ask questions get ideas from others look learn listen and number 2 i may not see it daily but that one hell of a reminder not to drink again lol. Now with all that being said i really do wosh i could see it more it looks cool as hell to bad a tank sits over it the whole time its a little hidden gem i guess like anodized rockers lmfao and the stacks stay shiney as well smdh
20200828_132853_Film3.jpg

You are a poster child for why I say make a mod plan. That air box would usually be the last thing you buy, after you have done everything and there's nothing else to buy. Don't get me wrong, it's about everything a F'n airbox can possibly be, but its just a very low value mod.

Sit down and think through what you want from the bike. Then when you buy something see how it fits in the plan. In the end, you'll save a ton of money and end up with a bike you love. Look at post #11 here: 10-Year Anniversary Freshen-up | Busa Mods

You are a poster child for why I say make a mod plan. That air box would usually be the last thing you buy, after you have done everything and there's nothing else to buy. Don't get me wrong, it's about everything a F'n airbox can possibly be, but its just a very low value mod.

Sit down and think through what you want from the bike. Then when you buy something see how it fits in the plan. In the end, you'll save a ton of money and end up with a bike you love. Look at post #11 here: 10-Year Anniversary Freshen-up | Busa Mods
Couldnt agree more to be honest at least it looks good tho hahaha (trying to keep a positive outlook on a huge mess up) yeah its a kick in the ol sausage but i suppose it coulda been worse and believe me iv done dumber. I live with it everyday even the wife rags on me for this one lol i will check out that link here shortly been pretty busy at work screeners keep going dowm atm

Couldnt agree more to be honest at least it looks good tho hahaha (trying to keep a positive outlook on a huge mess up) yeah its a kick in the ol sausage but i suppose it coulda been worse and believe me iv done dumber. I live with it everyday even the wife rags on me for this one lol i will check out that link here shortly been pretty busy at work screeners keep going dowm atm
Better air box mods to be had.

43FAC0F1-ACD2-4130-9077-03676AA09E14.jpeg

Sonce haveing the airbox i javnt noticed anything change really by all means so i really dont even know what the point of having a air box at that price is. Again im new to this whole deal amd i over think this stuff alot so please bare with me lol
The only mods I have noticed to make a real difference are sprocket gearing, lifting the tail and weight loss.
Not even AFR tuning makes as big difference as far as I can tell. Weightloss can be spendy but a lot of parts can just be deleted without replacing with a lightweight item.

anodized box. IDK. Looks good in the pits,pre race I guess.
Nice. Looks like you need that too with that hose coming out.

I live with it everyday even the wife rags on me for this one
See, I don't have that problem anymore. I highly do not recommend divorce but if you do, that's one advantage.

Better air box mods to be had.
Sweet! Love that red coupling to the RH air tube. Is that where your turbo goes into the airbox?

Back