Show your aftermarket shift light

outlawbusa

1 wheel up aero testing
Donating Member
Registered
And what you have it hooked into.

I have the PCV, are there any that can hook directly into it?

I assume you can't tap wire into the stock shift light since it is probably a PC board light?

I found one that would suit my needs for a good price and mentions hooking it into the PC hub, but I believe the extra Dynojet box is required to do this.

Dynojet says the PCV can not control a shift light and apparently the hub available is for the older model PC's. Coming out with a hub for PCV next year.

What kind of set ups and connections do you have for a shift light~?~

Boost by smith all the way. This one is amber and it is also a launch light. Compact and very bright I can easily see it in the daylight.
gagues.jpg

That is actually one I had kept looking at, I really like that light and the price is right...but what do you hook it into~?~ I see that light sells by itself on most sites.

I might have to give him a buzz.

Power comes from the existing extra euro plug in the front cowling. Gregs instructions tell you what wire in the bikes wireharness to splice it into, it is located on the left side of the bike next to the fuse box. The little rpm dipswitche module easily hides near the fusebox. Super easy to install and another very high quality product from Greg. Since it ties into the bikes wiring it does not matter what PC version you have and you will not need to clutter your bike with more modules/boxes.

I have a dyna light and minder, I'll get a pic tomorrow. That being said, if I were doing it over I would get one of Gregs.

Thank you for your replies...after doing quite a bit of research and due to your suggestions I am going to order one from Greg. I spoke with him a couple days ago about it. Can't get one in time for the race this weekend, but will order soon.

I can no longer see my stock shift light or tach due to other electronics I have on the triple tree and need to mount a visable light above them.
LCD display/data logger shows the tach on it but not bright enought or large enough to read in the day time at any substantial speed.

Back