Should we have on the Org. ??????

screamin kanji

Donating Member
Registered
This comes from reading about a few accidents to members of the Org. I can't begin to tell ya how HAPPY I am to hear they are here still among us. I was wondering......SHOULD we?, Can we? get together some kind of accident fund from donations of parts and $$$$ ? Kinda like an insurance to help fellow Org. members when their bikes are in need of some severe TLC. You know, it's 1 thing that they are bruised or injured, isn't that when we(Org members) should be there to support, help, any way we can to enhance or boost the healing process. I know it would make me feel alot better knowing if my bike goes down that it will be taken care-of...ie., not more out of pocket expense. We would merely contact someone here on the Org. and order what we need and parts would be shipped/maybe charge for shipping costs????? Just a thought

Sounds a little like the pay it forward thread....
Severe damage to the bikes should be covered by the insurance companies???

Not a bad idea, but that's a big undertaking. Who (and where) would we store the parts? Who would handle the shipping? (Not just the cost, but the actual packaging and delivery to the shipping company.)

Now, when someone needs assistance, the members of the .Org always pitch in to donate parts, money, or time--whatever they can. But if you have some ideas on how to handle the logistics, post 'em up. :thumbsup:

Its a good idea and I would applaude you for taking on such a project. Hal has the busa hospital and can send just about any minor part for free, most members have stock exhausts they donate for shipping. Most members also have a windscreen laying around they ship to someone in need. Its the major parts like plastics that we just dont have extra, those are best handled by the insurance companies.

Not a bad idea, but that's a big undertaking. Who (and where) would we store the parts? Who would handle the shipping? (Not just the cost, but the actual packaging and delivery to the shipping company.)

Now, when someone needs assistance, the members of the .Org always pitch in to donate parts, money, or time--whatever they can. But if you have some ideas on how to handle the logistics, post 'em up. :thumbsup:

dont have answers for all that. Its kinda why I posted this...decide if its worth doing or not., and if so, then some ideas how to go about doing this. Thanks for y9ur input.

This topic usually comes up every few months; as a person with some experience with this, I offer the following.

The board is here and takes care of people when they need it. Parts, money, prayers flow pretty freely. Organizing support can be difficult sometimes, based on a couple of factors. (This is my opinion, so please bear with me):
When Hal, as an example, hit a deer, plling support together was not hard at all. As was mentioned, we sent parts, members sent money and parts were ordered from a sponsor and delivered directly to Hal.
When a member, with about 25 posts (most of them selling something) went down, it was next to impossible to pull anything for him.
Not a populaity contest, but people are more likely to try and help when they know the member and have an idea about how they treat other members.
Logistically speaking - here is the really tricky part. Someone has to champion a downed member's cause. Someone has to lead the charge on pulling support and act as ort of a cheerleader for the board. This can be exhausting. Managing money a parts movement is stressful!
One recommendation that I made is to have a fund setup with a board elected committee to manage it. Problem is that to do it that way, you would have to establish a standard of support so that everyone who goes down gets the same thing. The advantage of donations is that the outpouring can be huge -but the downside is that you can only pass the plate so often.

I wil help in any way that I can... let's put our heads together and come up with something that works.

Shawn

I agree, let's put our heads together and come-up with something that works. Any ideas as to who should make up the committee? I have this idea??? about how to handle 1 part of the parts managment. After taking all parts donations we ebay the parts NOT LIKELY to be needed, and that $$$ made from selling the part on ebay would go towards the ordering of new skins. So, LET'S PUT OUR HEADS TOGETHER :poke: ON THIS AND COME-UP WITH SOMETHING. :welcome: :beerchug:

I think this should have some stipulation:rulez: about who would be covered under this program: They have to be a donating member. how many posts they have should NOT be a factor as to how much they would be helped. Maybe this is a bit bias, but I dont have alot of posts, BUT I donate when I can, I try to help with problems when I can. I think there are alot of people here that would have some great ideas:bowdown:. COME ON peeps, give me some input.

I think the pay it forward covers most of this also. I think it would work if there was a separate section for peeps with major issues like crashes, accidents, ect.:2cents: I'm all for helping a fellow member in need cause there has been some times I have needed some stuff and thay bailed me out.:beerchug:

i've bailed a few guys out with some extras i had collecting dust. i don't think it's such a bad idea to an extent of course. ???

This topic usually comes up every few months; as a person with some experience with this, I offer the following.

The board is here and takes care of people when they need it. Parts, money, prayers flow pretty freely. Organizing support can be difficult sometimes, based on a couple of factors. (This is my opinion, so please bear with me):
When Hal, as an example, hit a deer, plling support together was not hard at all. As was mentioned, we sent parts, members sent money and parts were ordered from a sponsor and delivered directly to Hal.
When a member, with about 25 posts (most of them selling something) went down, it was next to impossible to pull anything for him.
Not a populaity contest, but people are more likely to try and help when they know the member and have an idea about how they treat other members.
Logistically speaking - here is the really tricky part. Someone has to champion a downed member's cause. Someone has to lead the charge on pulling support and act as ort of a cheerleader for the board. This can be exhausting. Managing money a parts movement is stressful!
One recommendation that I made is to have a fund setup with a board elected committee to manage it. Problem is that to do it that way, you would have to establish a standard of support so that everyone who goes down gets the same thing. The advantage of donations is that the outpouring can be huge -but the downside is that you can only pass the plate so often.

I wil help in any way that I can... let's put our heads together and come up with something that works.

Shawn
would add that I have seen a couple incidents where the rider was completely off his rocker to start with and doing completely stupid stuff OR maybe just as bad, was a farce... one in particular someone claimed they lowsided as I recall and was at pretty low speed, was asking for plastics, rims, and a crap load of stuff.. When asked to produce some pictures and explain what happened in detail, well lets say, things did not add up at all... was just trying to scam parts for free (likely to resell on the bay)..

I do not mind helping riders that had legit reasons for going down but I am going to say they are RARE..... riding along minding your own business and getting swatted by a deer is a great reason to help out..

Doing 90 mph and running off the side of the road riding over your head is not.. I think the problem of abuse is pretty significant

I (and this may sound bad) have no intention of helping some dope fix his bike so he can kill himself... There are a lot of first time riders on these bikes with no business on them...

or...one member crashed, sent parts, others sent money, bike rebuilt then sold.

I won't mention any names. (don't ask)

Yeah, I'm pretty picky who I help anymore.

r8

or...one member crashed, sent parts, others sent money, bike rebuilt then sold.

I won't mention any names. (don't ask)

Yeah, I'm pretty picky who I help anymore.

r8

Yhea we had our cash taken on that one

have willing members donate to a fund maintained by a treasurer for a set amount (say $15.00) place this in a interest bearing saving account. Everyone that donates would be equal partners to this fund. Provide as much help to needed member as possible though buying parts on ebay & reduced prices from sponsors. This would eliminate the storage of parts and who is eligble for help. But as Randy stated,bashing your bike while trying to become the latest utube star would exclude you, as similar acts would get your insurance canceled :rulez: you can almost rebuild an entire bike for $4000/ or just 270 donating members. I'm sure lots more would donate than that. anything over say $5000 have a yearly refund split between donating members. After a year start a medical fund, members could just reinvest their refund split, justa idea???

I think I've already seen some of this happen on a case by case basis and to try and take it to another level just presents too many problems. JMO???

Back