should of slapped him...

damn!!!! I need insurance rates like that.

i thought the katana's were actually gsxF class bikes?

gsxf 750 katana .. right?

Not to be an smartass, but our bikes aren't GSXRs.  GSXR600 or GSXR1000.  The Busa is GSX1300R Hayabusa.

wink.gif
Yes a point I was going to make.

i was talking to a guy today about fast bikes and i brought up the fact that i drive a gsxr 1300 hayabusa...he swore up and down that a gsxr and a hayabusa wasnt the same bike...then called me a moron.  luckily i was up 2 date on my medication(just kidding/not crazy, i think) and didnt whip his sorry ignorant ass...ARGGGhhh!!! HULK SMASH!!!! cant stand people who cant admit they're wrong.  maybe he was just that stupid.
Umm... I hate to be the one to point this out bro, But if you told him you ride a GSXR1300 then you are dead wrong...

Strictly speaking we ride the GSX1300R, so if the argument was about the Busa NOT being a GSXR then he was right.  Assuming of course that this was an argument based on details and fine print.  It prolly wasn't so more than likely "Hulk" shoulda smashed, and the dude was being ignorant, but I thought it might be important to point out that indeed the Busa is Not a Gixxer.  

The Busa is an evolution of the old GSXR1100, with a bit of (No Giggling) Katana thrown in for comfort.... Thus NO GSXR distinction, it's not a Race Rep, it created a whole new catagory.

Oh and last little turn of the knife... not trying to be a bobo...Though I am pretty good at it here, Sorry...

Technically speaking we RIDE bikes, we don't DRIVE them.

Rev... really not trying to be a bobo....

----OOPS FLCN IS FASTER SORRY-------
hey you bobo. What the heck are you trying to do be right again?
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
very detailed and very correct.
biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

ok...learn something new every day...i would of felt a little sh!tty for whippin his ass like a 4 yr old at K-Mart. i always thought the busa was a gsxr,,,thought wrong
blush.gif
i should of jackknifed powerbombed the arogant flukker anyway.
mad.gif
mad.gif

tounge.gif

<!--EDIT|RaynTerror
Reason for Edit: None given...|1077667527 -->

mad.gif

Umm... I hate to be the one to point this out bro, But if you told him you ride a GSXR1300 then you are dead wrong...

Strictly speaking we ride the GSX1300R, so if the argument was about the Busa NOT being a GSXR then he was right.  Assuming of course that this was an argument based on details and fine print.  It prolly wasn't so more than likely "Hulk" shoulda smashed, and the dude was being ignorant, but I thought it might be important to point out that indeed the Busa is Not a Gixxer.  

The Busa is an evolution of the old GSXR1100, with a bit of (No Giggling) Katana thrown in for comfort.... Thus NO GSXR distinction, it's not a Race Rep, it created a whole new catagory.

Oh and last little turn of the knife... not trying to be a bobo...Though I am pretty good at it here, Sorry...

i respect your input...i didnt know, and someone had 2 tell me how it is...i'm cool with it if you are.
cool.gif

GSXR
GSXF
GSX1300R
GS
4 VERY different bikes .

R=race
F=fuggin slow
1300= you do the math
GS= Generally Shiddy...well...they were OK in their day...

you were wrong . sorry . but you were . The GSXR and the Busa are hugely different....

go ahead an' slap the fug thou....I would...just for bein' born.

hav a confused one......RSD.

i respect your input...i didnt know, and someone had 2 tell me how it is...i'm cool with it if you are.
cool.gif
This was one of those threads that suddenly blossomed... By the time I had actually ALL my damn words out Falcon had beaten me to the post...

I was expectin all the rest... Don't take it to heart though bro, I was just trying to point out what I thought was a minor plot point.

Oh and I was Fuggin with you about the drive/ride thing. I have a Bro here in Tampa that is allways driving his GSXR1000, and taking hold of it by it's steering wheel... Heh.. So yeah, I am kinda sensitive to proper language usage...

Didn't mean to run you out into traffic like that though bro... Meant no Offense....

GSX750F For FartKNOCKER!!!!

Was my first street ride, cool metal flake black....[/QUOTE]

Little bit or useless info.....

F designation was for Full Fairing GSX
S designation was for Short Fairing GSX
NO LETTER was for NO LOWER Fairings!

GSX750F
GSX750S
GSX750

Okay, so this thread's got me thinking (and yes, I'm hurting here)...I checked my insurance policy with Progressive to see what they have my Suzuki listed as, and sure enough, unlike State Farm, it's a GSXR...might be why my rates are kind of high...wonder if Progressive even knows there's a difference then?

I copied this from my policy online with Progressive...I'm definitely going to start looking at State Farm...

Postal...who is your insurance with?

2001 H-D Xl Series
2001 H-D Sportster
2003 Suzuk G S X R

Okay, so this thread's got me thinking (and yes, I'm hurting here)...I checked my insurance policy with Progressive to see what they have my Suzuki listed as, and sure enough, unlike State Farm, it's a GSXR...might be why my rates are kind of high...wonder if Progressive even knows there's a difference then?

I copied this from my policy online with Progressive...I'm definitely going to start looking at State Farm...

Postal...who is your insurance with?

2001 H-D Xl Series  
2001 H-D Sportster  
2003 Suzuk G S X R
State Farm all the way!  
cool.gif
Last time I checked it was about $430.00 per year, full coverage, $500.00 deductable.

<!--EDIT|Postal
Reason for Edit: "TMI"|1077723219 -->

Thanks Postal...I'm going to check with them...I certainly didn't get a break with Progressive...3 bikes, 3 cars...MSF course, members of the H.O.G. chapter (yeah, I am...but it's expiring this summer), clean driving record...discounts my a**!
biggrin.gif

If you hadn't said that your agent told you the cheaper rate was because it was a GSX1300R and not a GSXR, I'm thinking Progressive's kind of messed up...

Thanks Postal...I'm going to check with them...I certainly didn't get a break with Progressive...3 bikes, 3 cars...MSF course, members of the H.O.G. chapter (yeah, I am...but it's expiring this summer), clean driving record...discounts my a**!  
biggrin.gif

If you hadn't said that your agent told you the cheaper rate was because it was a GSX1300R and not a GSXR, I'm thinking Progressive's kind of messed up...
Yeah, it really pays to shop for MC insurance. They all vary, and I am amazed at the extremes, $400 for one guy and $1,000 for another guy, same bike, no tickets, etc. I know age and geography has a lot to do with it. Oh well, go figure.
rock.gif

biggrin.gif

Yeah, it really pays to shop for MC insurance. They all vary, and I am amazed at the extremes, $400 for one guy and $1,000 for another guy, same bike, no tickets, etc. I know age and geography has a lot to do with it. Oh well, go figure.
rock.gif
Had Allstate, untill I insured my 99 GSXR 750. The rate was through the roof, switched all to State Farm. Now im paying 250 a year for my busa. Full coverage and unisured motorist.
tounge.gif

Progressive is nearly impossible to beat with Harleys...two Harleys, one year for under $300 with full coverage...I called to add the Busa and it shot up like a rocket...I didn't feel so bad though...the agent told me that he'd recently quoted $15,000+ for yearly coverage on the same bike for some poor guy that had already financed the bike and needed to insure it! Or, maybe they tell everyone that so they don't think they're getting too bad of a deal?!
wow.gif

i was talking to a guy today about fast bikes and i brought up the fact that i drive a gsxr 1300 hayabusa...he swore up and down that a gsxr and a hayabusa wasnt the same bike...then called me a moron.  luckily i was up 2 date on my medication(just kidding/not crazy, i think) and didnt whip his sorry ignorant ass...ARGGGhhh!!! HULK SMASH!!!! cant stand people who cant admit they're wrong.  maybe he was just that stupid.
yup, the guy is right, a busa is not a gixxer, its a gsx1300r, a sport touring bike, a gsxr1000 is a sportbike or superbike, big difference!

Back