Guy slaps motorcyclist for racing him

trev0006

Registered
Guy slaps motorcyclist for racing him

Guy slaps motorcyclist for racing him. Here is what the rider had to say "Just for everyone to know. I was NOT trying to race him, and I know the video makes it seem so. But I just wanted to pass him since I noticed he kept staying right next to me. I accelerated a bit to pass him but slowed down when I noticed I was approaching speed limit as well the a yellow light.".

yea seen that on liveleak. wat a pig! some guy who's 5'6 weighing 135 lbs. puffing his chest out like some kinda badass gets out of his car and swings at me he's gonna be picking up his teeth off the ground.

Watch your language! That word has no business in any thread and you know which one I'm talking about.

B.O.B

Hmm. If I were the guy on the MC I might have interpreted that as someone wanting to do me harm.... Well, you know what the guy in the car might have been staring at then.

Was this staged? An attempt to make a viral youtube clip............... Maybe its just me but I find it hard to believe that Troy Verner AKA "Mini Me" hops out his matchbox car and starts smackin fools like they owe him money :boxing:

i'd have a VERY hard time not wrapping that dudes skull off of his little VW a few thousand times. i don't care if that gives me a free ride to the clink or not.

That ! got farfanugened by some lil mighty moe! Hahaha and there in front of his buddy..

Watch your language as well.

B.O.B

Wearing a helmet I think I would have head butted him?
Def crowding ones personal space which could have been taken as a threat.
But with most folks who go happy lucky thru life driver just walked right up to him and smacked him? .

GET OFF BIKE AND DEFEND YOURSELF when someone jumps out on you!

So before we go there seeing as how it seems we are....

Are you all saying this was a justification to have shot the guy?
You the kind that would have shot him after he jumped out as he approached you before he got there?

Or what?

I'm sorry but if you need a gun to handle a situation like that you have no business owning a gun and you should promptly mail in your Man Card :whistle:

The problem with fighting back in this particular situation is that the dude shoved him and the retreated. By the time the guy would have got off his bike the dude would have been back at is car and the biker would had to have pursued him. At that point it is no long self defense, it's just a pissed off guy looking for some revenge. It's a totally different story if the dude in the car would have stayed to fight. In the end the guy on the bike made the right decision.

That being said I would have followed him and busted his window with my helmet and dragged his sorry arse out his window and beat him down. Like mentioned above... It's worth a trip to the clink!

There no need for a gun in that situation. Maybe a pocket full of ball bearings that could be dropped in front of him :whistle:

So before we go there seeing as how it seems we are....

Are you all saying this was a justification to have shot the guy?
You the kind that would have shot him after he jumped out as he approached you before he got there?

Or what?

I would have my hand on my weapon until his intentions were known. If he were to appear to be approaching me to harm me, I would have been within my rights to draw my weapon and warn him accordingly. Would I shoot him? A definite maybe. Is he on drugs? Is he still coming at me? Does he appear to be drawing a weapon? Lots of factors, but I don't desire hand to hand contact with a road rage driver. If all he wants to do is run his mouth, I will let him run it for as long as he wants.

In this instance we have video tape evidence of an assault. If I wasn't armed or was unable or unwilling to draw, I'd swear out a complaint on him and let him spend 5K on assault charges in court.

For all you tough guys that want to go hand to hand, be my guest. I'd rather not. I have carried for 12 years. Have drawn my weapon twice. Never fired it and have never had anyone lay a hand on me. I'd like to keep myself out of hand to hand unless I had no choice.

The problem with fighting back in this particular situation is that the dude shoved him and the retreated. By the time the guy would have got off his bike the dude would have been back at is car and the biker would had to have pursued him. At that point it is no long self defense, it's just a pissed off guy looking for some revenge. It's a totally different story if the dude in the car would have stayed to fight. In the end the guy on the bike made the right decision.

That being said I would have followed him and busted his window with my helmet and dragged his sorry arse out his window and beat him down. Like mentioned above... It's worth a trip to the clink!

There no need for a gun in that situation. Maybe a pocket full of ball bearings that could be dropped in front of him :whistle:

I agree with your first paragraph. As to the rest of it, then you'd be the one breaking the law. I'd prefer to avoid it. Sounds bad ass and stuff but it is really a big hassle if you go beating up on people. Not worth a trip to jail or assault charges filed against me.

I'm sorry but if you need a gun to handle a situation like that you have no business owning a gun and you should promptly mail in your Man Card :whistle:

Any of you tough guys ever spent a night in jail? Or had assault charges filed against you? Either are hassles I'd rather not have to go through.

And as to my comment as to the is why I carry. It was meant as in a general way. Not specifically to this instance. I use to see road rage several times a month. Have not seen it once since leaving Fla.. But if I am around it again, I in no way plan on being in a disadvantage should it be directed at me.

Its not about being a "tough guy" its about common sense....... Your gonna pull out a gun in broad daylight in the middle of traffic because a 5'3 130lb punk copped an attitude with you? That same logic sounds real familiar....... Trayvon Martin ring a bell?? Overwhelmed by an 8th grader so you feel the need to take his life? Like I said before people that are cowards and don't handle confrontation should not own guns point blank period. You pull that gun out and start waving it around who's to say he doesn't rush you while your straddling your bike off balance? But let me guess this forum is loaded full of ex navy seals who practice at the range straddling bikes with helmets and gloves on just for theses "life threatening" situations........... :whistle:

Its not about being a "tough guy" its about common sense....... Your gonna pull out a gun in broad daylight in the middle of traffic because a 5'3 130lb punk copped an attitude with you? That same logic sounds real familiar....... Trayvon Martin ring a bell?? Overwhelmed by an 8th grader so you feel the need to take his life? Like I said before people that are cowards and don't handle confrontation should not own guns point blank period. You pull that gun out and start waving it around who's to say he doesn't rush you while your straddling your bike off balance? But let me guess this forum is loaded full of ex navy seals who practice at the range straddling bikes with helmets and gloves on just for theses "life threatening" situations........... :whistle:

Common sense doesn't tell me to catch up to him, break out his window, grab his ass out and beat him up. Not saying you said that. In this instance in the video, the rider was taken by surprise and did nothing. I personally would have dropped my kickstand down and tried to be off my bike by the time he got there. As to your implication of Trevon and this or any other CCW holder acting like the Trevon Martin incident, I wouldn't go there unless you know what was or has taken place.

Going hand to hand with someone will be my last and least wanted choice as much of the time as possible. I have no regrets nor no negative reprecussions from drawing my weapon under appropriate circumstances when it has happened.

I don't care what size he is. If he is hyped up on drugs, or hyped up on rageroids, he won't be in his right frame of mind anyway. He won't know nor care he is 5'3" and 130 lbs.

Let's make a slight change to the scenario on film. Say he came out of that car with a 12 inch pipe wrench he happened to have laying beside him and came marching towards you? His size make any difference at that point?

I made the comment that this is exactly why I carry. It was meant generally, not as it applies to what this film specifically shows. I will take credit for the context mis-use and make sure I'm more clear. I carry in general, most every time I go out and I am going where it is legal to do so. I won't be leaving it home anytime soon.

I have had a 5'4" 110 lb. ex wife in a rage because she lost in court, pull a pistol on me when I came home. I don't question someones size, I questions their ability to do me harm.

Hahahaha I love where this is going....

I have pulled someone out of there window and gave them a what for.

I have spent the night in the clink!

I have both been charged with and filed charges for assault.

You put your hands on me and I won't mind the time in jail and court costs to give you a what for.

Im Older now and try my very best to stay out of trouble. I carry a lot too and have had reason to pull my pistol but I try not too.

For what happened in that video I would rather beat him down then flash my piece and watch him walk away. Sometimes you just need to beat the stupid out of people, lol.

The smaller guys are the scrappy one!

Back