Should i make a big deal about this?

PImpN

Registered
heres how the story goes...

Back when i bought my busa, i had little to no experciance with motorcycles... The dealer knew this.

I pulled out of the lot with 12 miles on the bike. Everytime i wendt around the corner it felt like the rear end wasnt getting very good traction. i didnt think much of it then but its been bothering me ever since.

So i get home and check the psi in the tires... Rear tire had 52psi and the front 1 had 48psi. Idle was around 850-900. Headlight pointing straight down.

Should i pissed off about this and make a complaint to suzuki or should i just get over it?

Thx in advance,
PimpN

I'd just let it go.

You can adjust your tire pressure, headlight and idle in about 20 minutes. How much time will it take to ride the bike back to the dealer, let them do the repairs and then ride back home...and that's provided they don't tell you to LEAVE the bike and come back later when they're done. Of course if you want to raise a little hell and make them pay for their mistakes I can't blame you for that either.

The headlight issue really pissed me off. I buy the bike late in the evening from a dealer about 40 miles away from my house. Half way home the sun goes down and I'm riding down unlit country roads barely able to see 10' in front of me with high beams on.

Now look at the copy of the final inspection they gave you with your paperwork. You'll notice your idle, tire pressure, headlights and dozens of other critical items were "professionally" checked before you rode off on your new bike.
Yeah right!!! Take the time to check EVERYTHING on your bike and only take it back for major repairs.

The biggest joke are all the weenies who get that WARM COZY FEELING INSIDE when they take their bike back for the 600 mile service. They had a PRO check it out so they know everything is A OK with their baby! HAHAHAHA!
laugh.gif

not worth the hassle to take it back.. plus you'll learn some stuff about your bike in the process.

All is good.. become your own mechanic and you'll enjoy/know your bike even more.

Dude.....seriously. Adjust your air pressure and aim your headlight...we all have to do it.

go back to the "dealership" n make sure ..the " problems " are documented ..then .. fix them ur self .

Minor issue.. don't sweat the small stuff

I took my Busa in for its 600 mile after I got it, when I picked it up there was a boot scuff mark on the hump where someone must have scuffed it when they put there leg over it.

I picked it up at night and did not notice it, the first time I noticed it was when I got it home and got it in the garage in the light. I was pissed.

I called and talked to the manager and he calmly dealt with me and said just bring it back in and they would take care of it.

The dealership is 45 miles away, so I took the hump to a local paint and body shop.

Talked with some greasy dirty grunged out guy that worked there and explained to him the situation and how pissed I was, asked him if he could fix it.

He looked at me, licked his thumbed and rubbed it out in 1 minute and handed it back to me, as good as new.

I felt like an a$$

At 2000 miles I took my Busa in and got a new rear tire, they put a new tire on it, tightened the chain, greased the chain.

I just put a brand new under tail on it, I was taking really good care of my baby.

When for a few rides and then when I was doing a self inspection a week later I noticed all kind of grease had splattered up on the side and underneath on my under tail.

Again I was pissed. I was able to eventually clean it off, then that is what drove me to learn about chains, grease, proper application (I.E. should always ride the bike, warm the chain up before greasing then let it sit.)

Also looked at wax and decided because of the grease splatter issue, wax was the way to go.

Bottom line, not to minimize your frustration because I totally understand it. But complaining to the dealership is not going to give you the satisfaction you are looking for.

They will either give you attitude which will piss you off or they will smile, be very cordial and tell you they will take care of it, which will piss you off also.

Because in the end we are not getting what we really want, what we really want is when a dealer or mechanic does something that pisses us off, we want them to bow down and kiss our feet and compensate us in some way like give us a free helmet, or maybe install a Turbo on our bikes free of charge for our inconvenience
biggrin.gif

Just take some air out, adjust the idle and call it good.

I have the service manual and pretty much do all the service myself.

Only thing I don’t do is mess with tires and chains, and that is because I have a mechanic I trust and I don’t want to take chances with my drive system.

What I want is for the dealership to set the bike up properly in the first place, that is what they are being paid to do. If they can't do that, send me the bike in a crate, I'll put it together myself, and deduct the cost of their "assembly"/prep from the purchase price.

I don't think we should make excuses for their poor work, or do their job for them either.
mad.gif

duplicate post somehow.

<!--EDIT|DAB
Reason for Edit: "Problem between seat and keyboard"|1122155623 -->

Minor issue.. don't sweat the small stuff

I took my Busa in for its 600 mile after I got it, when I picked it up there was a boot scuff mark on the hump where someone must have scuffed it when they put there leg over it.

I picked it up at night and did not notice it, the first time I noticed it was when I got it home and got it in the garage in the light. I was pissed.

I called and talked to the manager and he calmly dealt with me and said just bring it back in and they would take care of it.

The dealership is 45 miles away, so I took the hump to a local paint and body shop.

Talked with some greasy dirty grunged out guy that worked there and explained to him the situation and how pissed I was, asked him if he could fix it.

He looked at me, licked his thumbed and rubbed it out in 1 minute and handed it back to me, as good as new.

I felt like an a$$

At 2000 miles I took my Busa in and got a new rear tire, they put a new tire on it, tightened the chain, greased the chain.

I just put a brand new under tail on it, I was taking really good care of my baby.

When for a few rides and then when I was doing a self inspection a week later I noticed all kind of grease had splattered up on the side and underneath on my under tail.

Again I was pissed. I was able to eventually clean it off, then that is what drove me to learn about chains, grease, proper application (I.E. should always ride the bike, warm the chain up before greasing then let it sit.)

Also looked at wax and decided because of the grease splatter issue, wax was the way to go.

Bottom line, not to minimize your frustration because I totally understand it. But complaining to the dealership is not going to give you the satisfaction you are looking for.

They will either give you attitude which will piss you off or they will smile, be very cordial and tell you they will take care of it, which will piss you off also.

Because in the end we are not getting what we really want, what we really want is when a dealer or mechanic does something that pisses us off, we want them to bow down and kiss our feet and compensate us in some way like give us a free helmet, or maybe install a Turbo on our bikes free of charge for our inconvenience
biggrin.gif

Just take some air out, adjust the idle and call it good.

I have the service manual and pretty much do all the service myself.

Only thing I don’t do is mess with tires and chains, and that is because I have a mechanic I trust and I don’t want to take chances with my drive system.
I agree w/ Thrasher.....Don't sweat it. We all have that type maintenance to deal with. Enjoy the road.

i adjusted everything myself that same day, no big deal.  Is it not dangerous for some1's first bike to have 52psi in the rear tire? I guess i just keep thinking about what could have happend if i didnt take all the corners at snail speed. and it also kinda bothers me that i paid some1 "NOT" to do it correct. and then the question - how many other bikes do they not setup properly?  man i need a job where i get paid to do nothing
smile.gif

<!--EDIT|PImpN
Reason for Edit: None given...|1122166311 -->

i adjusted everything myself that same day, no big deal. it just bothers me that i paid some1 "NOT" to do it. and then the question - how many other bikes do they not setup properly? man i need a job where i get paid to do nothing
smile.gif
I totally agree with you PImpN.

It sux, we pay good money for something brand new and it should be in perfect working condition.

Unfortunately that is not the world we live in anymore.

It used to be about making a good product that was safe and people were happy with it.

Now it is all about money. And if a company can make a customer happy at the same, more brownie points. but in the end, company's are usually (note the word "USUALLY") more concerned with the bottom line, meaning profit.

Which usually equates into lower paid personnel, meaning having people that either don't know any better or don't care.

It is the world we care currently stuck in.

So I do sympathize with your frustration, just sharing that I have been there, done that and have finally come to terms with getting upset doesn’t do any good but get you upset, sure as heck doesn’t bother the dealership. If it did they would have better QA on vehicles leaving and you would NEVER have anything to complain about.

If you leave a dealership with a vehicle that is not right, that means their QA (Quality Assurance) sucks and that is a direct reflection on the service manager which is also a direct reflection on upper management and the owners

You need to know your bike and your on the right track, besides every time you go to the dealer for service you get a nice new scratch to complain about.

It is good to ride "at a snails pace" with new tires anyway,they are way too slippery at first, there was a video posted about that very same thing not too long ago, but I can't remember where it is. brand new bike at the dealer, guy grabs a handful and zzzziipp out the bike goes from under him, funny stuff(but not for that guy).

Ask your dealership to set your tyre pressure right.... Thatshould solve your problem. Too much pressure in the rear tyre can make the rear end feel a lil loose

Back