~~~~Should be fun~~~~

me and my buddies had no where to go....
tounge.gif

s1.jpg

Heh, "Lemmings in Volkswagon Beetles ahead" Dude, better use caution.

OK.. I wanna play...

In kindergarden I stuck a piece of crayon in my hand while shaving it and you can still see it under the skin~
In fifth grade I won the school Xmas tree before winter holiday.. first thing I've ever won~
Was a pinball wizard for a while.. would rack up games on one quarter like it was nothing.. won a local contest one year~ Yeah, you could play pinball for a quarter back then... pre-video game era~ Did own a Pong Game Sytem after that...
Lost my cherry at 14.. ok, well I lost it at 12.. but finally had a partner at 14!
Got bounced back and forth from Mom and Dad after they divorced.. Mom couldn't deal with me cause I reminded her of Dad.. Dad just couldn't deal with me~ Left home(s) at 16~
Quit school and joined the Army at 17.. Infintry.. Uncle Sam's Murder Man...
Had my one and only child by 20~ Left the Army.. figured I could only join the mafia after all I learned from them.. and moved to FL~
My child's Mom took him back to CA and decided to play hide and go seek with him~ He was alomost 2 at this time~ Broke my heart.. losing the kid, not her.. so I started writting.. poetry.. had two of them published~
Been around music most of my life~ Started playing drums.. great stress relief... in a local bar band~ Classic rock and a lot of Blues kinda stuff~
Went to the local college and took PI coarse~ Always had a love for detective type stuff, but didn't want to be patrol officer~ No offence to BT and the rest here~ I just like investigative/detective type stuff and didn't have the patience to work my way to it~ Finding son is what really motivated me at this time though~
Found son.. he was 10 now and a ward of CA Child Protection Agency~ Whole nuther long, sad, story.. let's just say it's a good thing for his Mother and myself that I have never seen her again.. I pray our paths never cross or BT would be picking me up for doing to her, and her husband, what the good ol' military taught me~
Got custody of my son.. thanks to a poem I had wrote.. "One Father's Pain".. that had been published~ Seriously, the judge in CA didn't want to give me custody because his Mom had been getting welfare on the claim that I had deserted them! After months of battling the court system, I sent the judge a copy of the poem from the publification that showed the year of copy right, and he finally understood it was actually the Mom that deserted with the child~
Got married at 30 to a wonderful lady and have been happy ever since~ Son is now 21 and driving tanks for the Army~ Wife is still the best~ I, not any bank, own a Busa~ Yeah, life is good now...

Don't write anymore.. or play the drums~ Those were ways for me to relieve the pain and stress I was feeling at the time~ Don't have much of that anymore~
cool.gif

OK.. I wanna play...

In kindergarden I stuck a piece of crayon in my hand while shaving it and you can still see it under the skin~
In fifth grade I won the school Xmas tree before winter holiday.. first thing I've ever won~
Was a pinball wizard for a while.. would rack up games on one quarter like it was nothing.. won a local contest one year~ Yeah, you could play pinball for a quarter back then... pre-video game era~ Did own a Pong Game Sytem after that...
Lost my cherry at 14.. ok, well I lost it at 12.. but finally had a partner at 14!
Got bounced back and forth from Mom and Dad after they divorced.. Mom couldn't deal with me cause I reminded her of Dad.. Dad just couldn't deal with me~ Left home(s) at 16~
Quit school and joined the Army at 17.. Infintry.. Uncle Sam's Murder Man...
Had my one and only child by 20~ Left the Army.. figured I could only join the mafia after all I learned from them.. and moved to FL~
My child's Mom took him back to CA and decided to play hide and go seek with him~ He was alomost 2 at this time~ Broke my heart.. losing the kid, not her.. so I started writting.. poetry.. had two of them published~
Been around music most of my life~ Started playing drums.. great stress relief... in a local bar band~ Classic rock and a lot of Blues kinda stuff~
Went to the local college and took PI coarse~ Always had a love for detective type stuff, but didn't want to be patrol officer~ No offence to BT and the rest here~ I just like investigative/detective type stuff and didn't have the patience to work my way to it~ Finding son is what really motivated me at this time though~
Found son.. he was 10 now and a ward of CA Child Protection Agency~ Whole nuther long, sad, story.. let's just say it's a good thing for his Mother and myself that I have never seen her again.. I pray our paths never cross or BT would be picking me up for doing to her, and her husband, what the good ol' military taught me~
Got custody of my son.. thanks to a poem I had wrote.. "One Father's Pain".. that had been published~ Seriously, the judge in CA didn't want to give me custody because his Mom had been getting welfare on the claim that I had deserted them! After months of battling the court system, I sent the judge a copy of the poem from the publification that showed the year of copy right, and he finally understood it was actually the Mom that deserted with the child~
Got married at 30 to a wonderful lady and have been happy ever since~ Son is now 21 and driving tanks for the Army~ Wife is still the best~ I, not any bank, own a Busa~ Yeah, life is good now...

Don't write anymore.. or play the drums~ Those were ways for me to relieve the pain and stress I was feeling at the time~ Don't have much of that anymore~
cool.gif
Damn dude, almost brought a tear to my eye.

Messed up start that looks like a good ending.. cool deal..

Kind of cool how the poem helped in you getting your son back
wink.gif

Thanks for sharing
biggrin.gif

Oh no, thanks for letting me vent it out~ Felt pretty good!!
wink.gif

Absolutely awesome story about your son Gypsy!!!  
smile.gif

That's the condensed version even~ It is a really sad story
what he had endured before I finally found and got custody
of him~ We spent the first three years after custody in
theropy~ It was rough at first, but things got better as he
got older and learned to be able to put trust into my wife
and me~ He'll tell you himself that my wife, which he has
known as Mom since 10, is his only mother~ He refuses to
think of her as his step-mom... she's his mom~
I'll be the first to tell you.. it wasn't easy at first~ There
were times when I actually second guessed myself for going
after custody from the courts~ Yet... he is today, as he was
before his mother took him away, my true pride and joy~ I
couldn't be more proud of the man he's turned out to be~

that's some serious shid, Gypsy....but I'm glad things are infinitely better now.

Gypsy, the story you shared is the definition of what a Father should be. My parents were probably more like yours. It's hard to imagine what things would have been like if I were proud of my parents and had good stories to tell. I do have some good stories, but nothing like it should have been.

You know, all that you went through as a kid had a part in making you what you are as an adult and your son is obivously a beneficiary of that.

wink.gif

Way to open up Gypsy................glad things are headin' in the right direction!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
smile.gif

Back