Shorty pipes

Darth Z

Registered
Who' s got `em, and where' dja get `em? I' m looking to get a set of them soon, and looking for ideas on where to find them, and how much I' ll spend. Also, a buddy of mine told me, running shortys without mufflers, will cause me to burn my valves. Ofcourse, this also comes from a guy who doesn' t know how to change his own oil. Lucky me, this is where a majority of my bike knowledge is coming from. :whistle::laugh:

I don' t believe that his statement is credible, and I was also told about this from another idiot I used to know several years ago, in relation to my car with a cut-out. I read the write-up on exhaust systems, to get a better understanding of it. I had always heard that engines needed back-pressure, the smaller the displacement, the more back-pressure needed. According to the exhaust write-up this is a common myth.

My question is, will this unbaffled, shorty exhaust damage anything on my bike?

auto parts store in muffler section take your pick.lol.

i would suggest some nice slipons and cut them down,remove a lil paking and make that sweet melody you want.

:thumbsup::thumbsup: On the brocks,if you get the short meg of the street meg you can take out the baffle,and it sound good,Even sound better when you have some compression and big cc with cams also:laugh:

"VooDoo" exhaust might be what yer looking for. eBay has $200.00 shorties if you do a search for "hayabusa motogp exhaust" or "hayabusa shorties"... Hope that helps. And as far as you burning up your valves, it was always my understanding that you'll be fine as long as you have a header on.

Un-baffled will be really loud. You will be ok, but you will need to tune it run at its best. You will need a PC or a reflash. You will be reducing the back pressure and as such your air/fuel will need to be adjusted as well.

Hotbodies also sells them for around $270. Saving for an alien head would be better, but depending on your budget, that could be a lot of saving. The exhaust tips sold in autoparts stores are pretty much the same, but IMO the voodoo and hotbodies shorties look better (and sound nicer).

Man, I just gave a set away in the pay it forward forum, they look nice, but when I put them on my bike it felt like it lost a ton of bottom end torque. I rode the for about 200 miles and went out and bought a full system. I'd would not advise it if you like your low end torque. Brian

I like the Two Brothers shorties slip-ons....Look great & sound amazing..I threw up a quick vid on youtube.com a while back. Should be easy to find doing a search or search my name on there FFMEDIC204.....

Well, right now money is an issue with Daytona coming up. The few extra decibels won' t bother me, I love loud vehicles. I' d run my Camaro open headers if I could. :laugh: I just need to replace my exhaust before March, and with my other expenses right now, I' m limited on what I can get. I' ll check out some of those other systems you guys mentioned, it' s just not in the cards right now.

Hedmen hottips. Baffled and less than $40 for a set from jegs or summit racing. And yes, they're pretty load but no louder than voodoos or hotbodies that cost a buttload more.

i have a boz brothers moria im thinking of getting rid of. its in great shape.

Looks like that one is probably a little out of my price range right now. Looks like a nice system though!

Hedmen hottips. Baffled and less than $40 for a set from jegs or summit racing. And yes, they're pretty load but no louder than voodoos or hotbodies that cost a buttload more.

Those look pretty good. What size inlet would I need to slip them onto my stock mid pipe, and will they clear my plastics?

I've got them on mine but cant remember the sizes. try doing a search as thats how I got my info. I just know that I bought the tips and then bought two adapters and ended up just screwing the tips straight to the collector. worked like a charm.

If I can find a size that will slip on, I' ll just use some band clamps to install them.

They wont just slip on because the header flange bottoms out on the baffle inside the tip...thats why the little $2 adapters are necessary.

Back