Shawn officially owns a Busa again

Here are a few to show some progress...

We found the toaster....
IMG_0449.jpg

IMG_0449.jpg

Okay so it went something like this......

Shawn needed to get Bessie as soon as he could so he could get things ready for the Bash... Omar did a fantastic job getting things put on Bessie and getting her ready for Shawn. There was 3 of us there with Shawn to give him the bike., Omar, Semi and myself, we kept Shawn in the house, and held up a tarp so that he could not see his bike when he came out... I spoke just a few words to him and we made him say "busdriver move that bus" and we revealed his new bike....

DSC_0936.jpg

DSC_0944.jpg

DSC_0945.jpg

DSC_0942.jpg

Once we had a good laugh we opended the garage door and revealed Bessie to him... He seemed to be very very pleased and later told us he was thrilled.

DSC_0949.jpg

We had a lot of decisions to make on why we did the things that we did on the bike. Overall our goal was to give Shawn the bike HE would want not the bike that we wanted for him. We knew there was a lot of time and mods that he put on his bike and we wanted to make sure that we stayed with the "Spirit" of what he would have done.

We put all new plastics on the bike, tail, nose cone, side fairings, inners and uppers..
New tires, Chain, sprocket, windscreen, new hump, Zumo 550, XM radio, cruise control and new headlights..

Instead of putting a custom paint all over the bike that would be expensive to replace we wanted to set Shawn up so that he could change his plastics if something were to happen. Shawn loved the color scheme that he had on Bessie and instead of changing that we gave him basically a brand new factory colored bike with no scratches so he start over with a perfect looking bike...

The Zumo and XM radio cleaned up his dash and electrical on the bike, it is much easier to use and now all of his electronics are combined and can be managed from one device.

Shaw jumped on Bessie and fired her up, and you can see his smile in the video he was excited so sit on her again....

DSC_0936.jpg

DSC_0944.jpg

DSC_0945.jpg

DSC_0942.jpg

DSC_0949.jpg

Last edited:
guys there is a lot more to come in the morning... I am so tired I cant keep my eyes open..... Let me know if you have any questions...

cap

looks great...glad to see shawn getting back in the saddle again...ps vid took a dump...not available

beautiful bike guys. congrats shawn. i'm glad cap and omar got the wiring issue ironed out. ride safe, wear your gear. streetbikes injure lots of marines back from deployment, be careful.

Congrats. on your up-dated new to you Busa Shawn...... Well deserved, enjoy.:thumbsup:

Back