Our new 14 month project......

Minus the face.

A solid Marine color with an offset color would look great.

Example: Red with Gold like one of the Marine flags. The Blue and White looks good if applicable.

Throw the Marine Seal on the hump, name under windscreen by mirrors etc.

Just ideas thrown out there. Just what are the Marine colors? Are they different for enlisted versus officers? :dunno:

r8

The official colors of the Marines Corps are Scarlet and Gold (Red & Yellow). They are the same for every Marine. The dress blues are White Cover, Dark Blue (Almost Black) Blouse, and Light Blue Trousers with a 1 1/8" Red stripe down the leg for E-4 and up. The officers blouse does not have the Red Piping on it that the enlisted one does. That is the main difference between the 2 Dress Blues.
I was going to do Red and Yellow for my Hardley until I realized it would look like a Ronald McDonald bike most likely. SO I went with the Dress Blues theme.
Hope that answers the question

but c'mon what about the rest of the bike...what's goin' on there???

As promised. Here are the Dress Uniforms for Marine Officers.
Hope we can inspire something cool for Shawn.

PlateIII_Officer_Dress_Uniform.jpg

PlateV_Evening_Dress.jpg

hey cap can u give me an idea of some of the parts u need donated.. ill see what i have in stock for you.

thanks, JP

BTW: make this a sticky so we can all check on it quick without searching the pages... have a gud one!

hey cap can u give me an idea of some of the parts u need donated.. ill see what i have in stock for you.

thanks, JP

BTW: make this a sticky so we can all check on it quick without searching the pages... have a gud one!

Done

I say use a paint scheme similar to the officers' evening blues (3rd from the right in the picture posted above). That has all the good colors, and you can incorporate the piece right by the wrist (field grade cuff board)
Here is the best picture I could find, buy you could run that wreath almost like a pinstripe, should be the hotness!
I'm in as long as Rev is painting, he seems to do great work.. now get that paypal address up!

fieldgradecuffssmall.jpg

CAp .............. pm me a list of what ur needing and ill see what i can whip up , ill run it up to you and help get my hands dirty!

You guys- this thread is overwhelming, to say the very least... But- should it bother me that Omar has Bessie at the Dragstrip? :) :laugh:
Posted via Mobile Device

You guys- this thread is overwhelming, to say the very least... But- should it bother me that Omar has Bessie at the Dragstrip? :) :laugh:
Posted via Mobile Device

She hasn't even left the Hospital all day :semi:
Posted via Mobile Device

Posted via Mobile Device

I wouldnt worry too much Shawn, its not like they are letting just anybody ride her. :whistle:

Shawn..... Man we had to do a little work on the bike... Omar, Rick, Hal and I started working on Bessie to just see what our options were.. We didn't have those pink leather tassles on there more than 10 minutes and Omar sucked them into the chain....

Here is me and Hal trying to break the back tire loose from the bind up.
caps-pmra-2008-friday 001.jpg

We couldnt get it loose so the professor came over to make it happen...
caps-pmra-2008-friday 004.jpg

When the professor couldn't break it free Omar freaked out and grabbed the wrench and knocked the crap out of it... Not sure if it broke the chain loose or just those 3 teeth of the sprocket but either way it rolls now.

caps-pmra-2008-friday 002.jpg

Last edited:
Just called the Manufacturer. I want one for myself. He said to keep an eye on the website nad they hope to have it out in a month. I will be watching the website for it's release.

I have been looking at the website for about three months everyday so when it comes out I might buy one.

Back