Shave and Form your own Custom seat...

Revlis

Re-Recycled, Busa-Less...
Donating Member
Registered
Walk through  Need more leg room? Screw lowering your ride, just cut that 4" thick seat down a couple of inches...

Or, you just want a better position?  Do it yourself...  

I'll let you know how it comes out. I've done some reading...  I think I got it...

Some more tips here at sargent cycle

One more Sargent link on seat comfort.

<!--EDIT|Revlis
Reason for Edit: None given...|1099686419 -->

Ya know... I thought about this. But i put buell pegs on to uncramp my legs. If i lower the seat height I would be ruining that gain.

May god bless you man. I don't belong anywhere near a workbench in the first place, but man let me tell you, cutting into things is one of my greatest fears. Sometimes duct tape and superglue doesn't fix all mistakes if you know what I mean.

But seriously, good luck with that. I figure the toughest thing would be to get a foam distribution that isn't crooked or curved wrong or something like that. But I saw your pics of your windscreen on another post and that came out looking hot, so I'm sure you'll do fine.

As for me, I think Tobin is calling me this week to iron out the details on some new seats for my short a$$! Yipeee!!!!
biggrin.gif

Well I finished it today and I must say that for a first attempt, it turned out pretty shid hot.

It's not as purty as the one from Tobin that I had, but carving foam to fit your own ass does result in some real comfort.

I'll post up some pics tomorrow... I need to recover it prolly with something a little heavier than the factory junk, but it turned out just like I wanted otherwise except I think removed a little to much padding. I think when I recover it I'll add 1/2 of Visioelastic memory foam. Then it should be ideal...

Start to finish it prolly took about 3 hours and $50 worth of tools. (An electric carving knife is essential)

Ummm, you knew this would be said, but this thread is useless without pics... C'mon get 'em up!
biggrin.gif

I'd third it.. but I seen it already!
tounge.gif

Turned out pretty fine~ I really liked the package cutout feature .. if
ya know what I mean~
wink.gif
Although the cut was nice and it did feel good,
it does need a litte better touch on the upholstery work~  
biggrin.gif

Oh alright... I third.. post some pics!!

OK Here's a few shots... My head hurts too bad for me to roll it out and put it in the sun so these should do for now...

Like I said, I think I just need re-cover it with some quality vinyl.

Cutseat01.jpg

Walk through Need more leg room? Screw lowering your ride, just cut that 4" thick seat down a couple of inches...

Or, you just want a better position? Do it yourself...

I'll let you know how it comes out. I've done some reading... I think I got it...

Some more tips here at sargent cycle

One more Sargent link on seat comfort.
?? Why does nobody use leather for the seat?

In my case the bike is very very rarely out in the rain.

I would think it would just fell more comfortable.

Thanks for your input in advance

Um Leather seems to be the choice of Corbin and some others. But I allways come back to "WHY". It's harder to work with, and your ass doesn't give a shid. But then again I've also seen the hammer heads out there with fuggin Ostrich or zebra fur... so who knows.

I'd guess cost VS Performance the Synthetic materials just hold up better. Although the Vinyl Suzuki uses is some of the cheapest crappiest stuff I have ever come across...

Um Leather seems to be the choice of Corbin and some others. But I allways come back to "WHY". It's harder to work with, and your ass doesn't give a shid. But then again I've also seen the hammer heads out there with fuggin Ostrich or zebra fur... so who knows.

I'd guess cost VS Performance the Synthetic materials just hold up better. Although the Vinyl Suzuki uses is some of the cheapest crappiest stuff I have ever come across...
I agree I think the zebra fur would look pretty fuggin ugly!!

P.S. The only reason "why leather" I'm just thinking about an old VW bettle I had, and it had vinyl seats, and would get hot as hell, and you ass ...., well you get the picture. and with leather its a bit better.

Can I get a little feedback on my seat carving skills here???
laugh.gif
Any thoughts?

laugh.gif
Any thoughts?
Dude, I'd give you feedback, but I can't really tell what you did
rock.gif
I think I see a bananna shape in the seat now, which I don't think was there before...

But maybe if you put a pic of your seat next to a pic of a stock seat and then circled or commented on what you cut where, it would help for comparison reasons.

But, I guess if I can't tell the difference, then you did a good job right??
smile.gif

laugh.gif
Any thoughts?
I like it bro. Looks like it'd be comfortable as hell. Definitely more forgivin' than a Tobin when yer slid back on the seat and layin' on the tank.
wink.gif
Good job, man. Now all it needs is an LV designer wrap.
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
Any thoughts?
I like it bro. Looks like it'd be comfortable as hell. Definitely more forgivin' than a Tobin when yer slid back on the seat and layin' on the tank.
wink.gif
Good job, man. Now all it needs is an LV designer wrap.
laugh.gif
Looks good Rev. I wish I had some skills, but had to get my Tobin instead. How much lower is it than stock.

Get ya some ostrich skin. The bumps will help hold you in place.....LOL

<!--EDIT|clrwtrbusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1100052373 -->

laugh.gif

He he... I got yer Ostrich... Actually I am thinking Emu' would be the way to go...

Jay, actually what you said right there works for me just fine... You cannot tell what I have done? Then that means it at least doesn't look horribly bizarre... Here's the side by side, I cut about 2" out of the stock seat and carved a uh.... Ummm.... Place for the boys to live!!!
laugh.gif
Yup, it's nice and dished up front there...
thumbs-up.gif

_StockSeat_combo.jpg

looks good but what was the reason for the cut? How tall are you? Seems to me the legs will have to get hiked up 2 more inches now making the ride alittle cramped. The custom "cushion" on the ol a$$ might be pretty good though.

..it MUST be feeling right..
smile.gif
.."boys' nest" should be a cozy place for 'em now.. actually, sliding back & forth is the thing to avoid on a seat for this PARICULAR bike.. (..cause there's plenty of back & forth, if you know what I mean.. ). Of course, this does NOT pay off to long rides and/or touring (since you just can't change your position one or two inches to rest your behind, but there you have it.. you win some, you lose some.. ) ..nice job Rev!.. I think it's pretty wild that you had it made correctly first time off..

..as for my part.. ..man, I can't wait for my TOBINS to arrive..
sad.gif

Back