Severe hesitation

risktaker

Registered
03 Busa I am having a serious hesitation problems top end 6k hesitation and then 9to10krpm shuts down like it is starving for fuel cannot get it to hit rev limiter.Had a buddy clear brain and reset codes although it didnt get any better. I am thinking mabey fuel filters??
There are 4600 miles an the bike any suggestions?
rock.gif
?
rock.gif
?

<!--EDIT|risktaker
Reason for Edit: None given...|1145158263 -->

rock.gif

Welcome. Heck of a first post, sorry that you are having problems. Need more information, like year of bike, any performance mods you have done, any adjustments you have made or other problems you have had. Any a recent servicing?

Welcome.  Heck of a first post, sorry that you are having problems.  Need more information, like year of bike, any performance mods you have done, any adjustments you have made or other problems you have had.  Any a recent servicing?
+1 can't help with your problem without ALL the details
rock.gif

Welcome to the board
biggrin.gif

You do have a Busa
rock.gif
we have members that don't
wink.gif

Welcome to the board. another thing to check is the fuel lines coming out of the tank. Sometimes when you lift the tank and then put it back down the lines can get kinked.

I had the same problem.

Fast accelleration, high rpms or bumpy roads causes the engine to die.

I searched the whole fuel system: nothing...

I finally went to a dynojet center. After 3 hours of riding on the dynojet while removing the tank, airbox, etc. etc. the mechanic started wiggling the wire harnasses underneath the seat.

Then, at one certain moment, the bike died again.

Conclusion: The fuel injection wiring (harnass) had chafed to the frame underneath the seat for several years. So at high rpm's (severe vibrations / g-forces) the bare wire was causing a short circuit which cut out the fuel injectors.

Solution: Repairing the wire and add an extra insulating shield.

No more problems.....  
40__s.gif

Advise: Check the electrical wiring for chafing....

I had the same problem.

Fast accelleration, high rpms or bumpy roads causes the engine to die.

I searched the whole fuel system: nothing...

I finally went to a dynojet center. After 3 hours of riding on the dynojet while removing the tank, airbox, etc. etc. the mechanic started wiggling the wire harnasses underneath the seat.

Then, at one certain moment, the bike died again.

Conclusion: The fuel injection wiring (harnass) had chafed to the frame underneath the seat for several years. So at high rpm's (severe vibrations / g-forces) the bare wire was causing a short circuit which cut out the fuel injectors.

Solution: Repairing the wire and add an extra insulating shield.

No more problems.....  
40__s.gif

Advise: Check the electrical wiring for chafing....
worth remembering..thanks..

hogger...

Back