See ya

419busa

Registered

Screenshot_20230915_130827_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:
I see no issue whatsoever with that reply by @captain

Well done.

I saw those posts by @kim windsor were reported and was wondering why

I'm not sure what this is about but it sounds like someone stepped over the line, which happens from time to time.
This might be a good opportunity to re-state what the "line" is to make clear what are the "do's and "don't's" of posting on this forum. Maybe make it sticky so it remains visible.

Reactions: pcs
I see no issue whatsoever with that reply by @captain

Well done.

I saw those posts by @kim windsor were reported and was wondering why

I didn't see any of the post. And while I do support our constitution, these rights are only assured in a public accessed tax supported arena.

Cap doesn't have to tolerate free speech (for example) if he believes that speech doesn't reflect what he wants a site he owns and pays for, to represent.

It's his private site.

This is why the Internet has become a difficult frontier. There are sites that thrive on hate speech. There are sites that flourish around religious teachings. Both of which may offend people.

They are free to not view these sites.

The "Internet" is the difficulty. It's the new vehicle that transports the speech. It is regulated by our government (the public).

Hard to separate what's to be protected vs censored.

If we want to keep the conversation civil we all need to stay away from religion, politics and sex. This is a motorcycle forum for goodness sakes. I come here to talk about Busas and to learn from others. The trouble with all internet forums and social media is that it's too darn easy to sit anonymously at a keyboard and say things virtually to someone that you'd never say to their face.

Rarely are moto topics impacted by religion, politics and sex but when they are we should keep the focus on motorcycles and not go down rabbit holes that will cause a flame war.
Just my 2 cents.

Last edited:
I didn't see any of the post. And while I do support our constitution, these rights are only assured in a public accessed tax supported arena.

Cap doesn't have to tolerate free speech (for example) if he believes that speech doesn't reflect what he wants a site he owns and pays for, to represent.

It's his private site.

This is why the Internet has become a difficult frontier. There are sites that thrive on hate speech. There are sites that flourish around religious teachings. Both of which may offend people.

They are free to not view these sites.

The "Internet" is the difficulty. It's the new vehicle that transports the speech. It is regulated by our government (the public).

Hard to separate what's to be protected vs censored.
I am supporting Cap....and Kim Windsor who added a couple references to religion in his posts which to anyone is not an issue normally....as it's his constitutional right to do so....

The posts were definitely not preachy.....

If we want to keep the conversation civil we all need to stay away from religion, politics and sex. This is a motorcycle forum for goodness sakes. I come here to talk about Busas and to learn from others. The trouble with all internet forums and social media is that it's too darn easy to sit anonymously at a keyboard and say things virtually to someone that you'd never say to their face.

Rarely are moto topics impacted by religion, politics and sex but when they are we should keep the focus on motorcycles and not go down rabbit holes that will cause a flame war.
Just my 2 cents.
Generally we are pretty civil here although once in a while someone gets passionate about a subject and normally we work through them.

If one goes into the politics (et other) board, you will see quite a bit of traffic, we can only talk about our bikes so much.....

This forum has always operated like this and I suspect always will...the fact it is still alive were many have disappeared is a miracle in itself...

Generally we are pretty civil here although once in a while someone gets passionate about a subject and normally we work through them.

If one goes into the politics (et other) board, you will see quite a bit of traffic, we can only talk about our bikes so much.....

This forum has always operated like this and I suspect always will...the fact it is still alive were many have disappeared is a miracle in itself...
True.
The turning point has to be when personal attacks begin.

I love a good debate and have ventured into the political forum a few times.

I am supporting Cap....and Kim Windsor who added a couple references to religion in his posts which to anyone is not an issue normally....as it's his constitutional right to do so....

The posts were definitely not preachy.....
As I've stated in other threads, every religion is the right religion for someone. Even though I don't practice any particular religion, I enjoy hearing how some people feel grounded by their faith. They absolutely feel connected by it. I've known absolutely beautiful people that were Hindu, Muslim, Jewish etc. I don't consider one religion superior over another. They all have a segment of extremist. The extremist can make any religion seem scary.

I live in a largely heavily hardcore Bible belt Christian community. They absolutely can't fathom life without church and Jesus. None have ever tried to "save" or "preach" to me.

You can't go to a bar before 1P on a Sunday. They aren't open. But by halftime of any football game on Sunday there are a lot of drunk ass Christians.

They probably are certain I'm going to hell when it's over. And they are going to heaven.

True.
The turning point has to be when personal attacks begin.

I love a good debate and have ventured into the political forum a few times.
Very true.....

Personal attacks derive out of passion.....if we look at history religion (extremist) and politics have started every conflict we've fought in...

So I suppose this transcribes here on a lesser scale...

As I've stated in other threads, every religion is the right religion for someone. Even though I don't practice any particular religion, I enjoy hearing how some people feel grounded by their faith. They absolutely feel connected by it. I've known absolutely beautiful people that were Hindu, Muslim, Jewish etc. I don't consider one religion superior over another. They all have a segment of extremist. The extremist can make any religion seem scary.

I live in a largely heavily hardcore Bible belt Christian community. They absolutely can't fathom life without church and Jesus. None have ever tried to "save" or "preach" to me.

You can't go to a bar before 1P on a Sunday. They aren't open. But by halftime of any football game on Sunday there are a lot of drunk ass Christians.

They probably are certain I'm going to hell when it's over. And they are going to heaven.
I've encountered many of these extremists....oddly enough once they are isolated from their "clan" and educated, they start to see the light and in some cases can be rehabilitated.

I'm not a religious man but I've seen things which can only be described as miracles....in many cases there was just no way a person could have survived but somehow they did (including myself).

I like yourself find all the different religions interesting and in my travels I've spoken to people of other faiths including extremists to get their take on things....some of the conversations have been pretty interesting once you remove pregidous and passion out of it.

Some of the hard-line Muslims were pretty impressed that I would talk to them about their religion and how they fit into the world....many of them expected a different approach from a guy in my former position. One thing for certain is they don't react well to weakness, a person has to present a strong presence.

Very true.....

Personal attacks derive out of passion.....if we look at history religion (extremist) and politics have started every conflict we've fought in...

Name calling and direct personal attacks are supposed to be against the rules here. Yet they remain here on the board and have no apparent consequences, even after they get reported.

So I use the ignore function. Cap runs the board as he sees fit. The rest is up to individual choice.

Just my 2 cents.
While I accept your point, I have found a lot of enlightenment on the true character of people by the way they align in some of these topics. Some that I would have ridden a bike with, I would in fact avoid being around them after seeing the character they show in these non bike related topics.

Name calling and direct personal attacks are supposed to be against the rules here. Yet they remain here on the board and have no apparent consequences, even after they get reported.

So I use the ignore function. Cap runs the board as he sees fit. The rest is up to individual choice.
We've seen our fair share of these attacks that's for sure.......

Very true.....

See, all those weirdos that start stuff with you at Walmart really aren't bad people...they're just passionate...lmao

Back