second gear. dang it.

Since we are talking about transmissions, what are some of the parts that you guys would replace when having your trans undercut?

My second gear has also started to go.
The first time it slipped was under moderate acceleration last summer.
(30,000 klm)
It's been getting worse ever since.
I've always had problems getting it to go from 1-2 without staying in neutral (shift twice from 1 to hit 2nd)
But now first gear is starting to make a bit of a grinding noise as I take off from a stop.
When I first bought my 06 LE new i was getting a false neutral 5-6 but it has clered up

My question is:
Where can I get a gearbox with all the quirks/under cutting worked out already?

My second gear has also started to go.
The first time it slipped was under moderate acceleration last summer.
(30,000 klm)
It's been getting worse ever since.
I've always had problems getting it to go from 1-2 without staying in neutral (shift twice from 1 to hit 2nd)
But now first gear is starting to make a bit of a grinding noise as I take off from a stop.
When I first bought my 06 LE new i was getting a false neutral 5-6 but it has clered up

My question is:
Where can I get a gearbox with all the quirks/under cutting worked out already?

hit up Cloud9..I think he may have some ready to install tranny's. They may not be under cut or they may be? Give him a call.

Or you can do what I did and buy a used tranny with the intent of sending it off to get cut. That way you know what it is when it is finished.

Since we are talking about transmissions, what are some of the parts that you guys would replace when having your trans undercut?

kind of a delay, but Fast by GAst gave the used tranny I sent in a look over and did what I needed to get it back up to par. I also added billet shift shafts and new shift forks, and a shift star and 40# springs. I already had a billet slave cover.

Ogre, go ahead and split it yourself (if you feel up to the challenge), send 2nd & 6th to Bill Robinson and he'll undercut and return to you for $60...

Back