Seat position

PDBusa

who, me?
Donating Member
Registered
Prolly a dumb newbie question but I gotta ask. This is first sportbike and I'm new to whole concept, not to mention I haven't been in saddle for... a while.
Question is this, what is your seating position on the Busa for ordinary cruising?? Yeah yeah, I know, on the seat.
I find myself all the way forward wrapping my thighs around the cuts in the tank like a virgin on her
wow.gif
....well, pretty tight.  
tounge.gif
It seems as though the tank was molded for a guy my height (6'3") and I get no pressure in lower back which was first concern with a sportbike, and wrists do fine on extended rides. Legs get a bit cramped after a while but it's all good with a quick stretch at a red light/stop sign.
It just seems like there is an awful lot of room to the rear of front seat that only gets used when I slide back to readjust the boys, or go into a tuck. I tried to sit further back but it just doesn't feel right. Anybody have input? I'm beginning to think that this riding position may just have something to do with why we love the Busa so much.
wink.gif
laugh.gif

Well, I'm a lot shorter than you at 5'-9", but I'm way forward even with the Genmar risers. That said, this bike is way more comfortable than my "cruiser", a Yamaha Road Star. I feel it in my lower back much sooner on the Roadie than on the Busa.

I'm 6'4" and love the seating position, thats one of the reasons I chose th Busa and it's much easier on my wife. I've spent10 hrs at a time on a bicycle and the Busa is like a lazyboy compared to that.

Yeah, I sit forward too. My arms feel too stretched if I back up against the hump. Wonder if anyone makes some kind of pad to ad to the hump so you could put your butt against it.

I'm 5-8 and I sit forward, too. I also have 1 1/4" risers, but still sit forward..

I bet a would give ya the pad
wink.gif

I'm looking at getting some Tobins over the winter...

I'm 5-8 and I sit forward, too.  I also have 1 1/4" risers, but still sit forward..

I bet a would give ya the pad  
wink.gif

I'm looking at getting some Tobins over the winter...
Do you like the risers. Does an inch make a big difference. I'm thinking about getting some. The Tobin seat looks comfy too. Thanks for the link.

At first I sat too far forward on the Busa...I guess it's not a good thing to do as too much weight upfront can effect braking. Than I sat with my rump pressed against the hump...I felt Like superman, and this position only lasted a few days.

Now I know this is gonna sound strange, but I think I finaly found the proper position for me. My "Boyz" are about 3 to 4" away from the tank. Im 5' 11", 210 Lbs and wear size 34" waist, with 34" Inseem. The position I ride in now is very comfortable, and in complete control.

I actually think getting the Sidi Vertigo boots really helped me with my riding position. When I got the boots, I was missing gears left and right, but now after a little adjustment on my part, the boots are perfectly placed on the pegs, allow gear changes without lifting my heel, and my seating positon just feels so natural now. I noticed this 2 days ago, and it took a darn pair of boots to let me know where my butt should be on the seat...go figgure
laugh.gif

I too find myself sitting forward on the busa. I have a Corbin seat with a valley that naturally migrates your butt to a forward position. I would prefer to sit farther back but that damn seat won't allow it. On the positive side I like to be balls against the tank when hanging off and looking deep into a corner, so the Corbin seat has me there well before the turn.

i sit forward aswell but i love the positioning. when you lean down for wind protection, i find you naturally slide back abit.....hence the extra room, i guess when they designed it they knew what we'd be doing with it!

Bought a tank bag - Eiffel by Fieldshear - and when I have no other luggage I have it stuffed with my raingear. This makes a perfect coushion that I can adjust slightly back on the tank to lay on top of. This is the perfect riding position for me. I'm out of the wind but not too far down, really gives my wrists a break.

I'm late to this question but for just around town, you can relax and sit back more than up pushing it in the hills or the track. At your height I would expect you to have more problems getting forward than back. I'm only 5'8" and have no problems getting back, I just added the Tobin seat not to long ago and it lowered my seating position a little, I love the seat, but at your height I would think twice about it, or have him build it up more. Change the pegs you can change your position buy doing that and gain a little leg room too.
If you think your forward on the busa don't even think of trying the 1k bikes, they have even more aggressive riding position.

Back