Scraped my plastic

bluebusa05

Registered
I was in my garage getting ready to go riding when I noticed some rash on the right side fairing on my bike, Only thing is I never dropped the bike or rubbed against anything.  The only thing I can think of is that i scraped the fairing while banging a corner.  The scrape on the bike matches up perfect with where the pegs are ground down.  Anyone have this same problem?

IMG_0458.jpg

Suspension set-up lowered?, body weight?, get body off more to kep bike upright, etc.? I notice I'll start scraping my boots when I'm riding 2-up.

Yep, that's exactly what that is! It's really easy to do on a lowered busa. Raise her back up and you'll get lots more lean angle before she drags plastic.

The bike isnt lowered at all. all of the suspension is stock. I weigh about 310 though so im sure that dosent help.

You might consider setting the suspension for someone in your weight bracket. It might help with the overall performance.

Good luck, yo.

Coolbeans BlueBusa! I have the same on my 01 from dragging in the turns. Raising the back will do the trick! I'll get there again one day on my K8!
laugh.gif

After you install the stiffer springs, be sure to have the sag set.

Springs, setting sag, and raising will make a big difference. If you still end up scraping, the only thing left is to hang off more.

I had the same problem on my '01 (250 lbs with gear, suspension adjusted accordingly) and all I had to do was get my ass off the seat and my weight on the outer peg going into the turns. Problem solved

The bike isnt lowered at all.  all of the suspension is stock.  I weigh about 310 though so im sure that dosent help.
On Lordy dude, it's lowered as soon as you mount that puppy
tounge.gif

You definately need beefier springs on both ends. With that much weight on board it's easy to bottom the stock suspension out when you are leaned over far enough to touch the plastic. When the suspension is bottomed out it's very easy to loose traction. So you be careful you don't skin those big buns up.
beerchug.gif

got mine at the dragon a cpl of years ago before i figured out how to get my knee down. scraped the stock pipes at the same time. lucky i didn't loose it in the turn.

be proud of this

and if you have the funds, get ohlins rear absorber and front springs

hayabusa1.org.jpg

be proud. you've earned your wings. Now set that baby up for your size.

palomar_gouges_2_2_06.jpg

Back