Save Internet Radio

WWJD

Donating Member
Registered
[OOPS! My bad, PLEASE MOVE THIS TO RANDOM]

Congress is again, trying to add "business closing" royalties to internet music Webcasters - even though artists and everyone benefits from their services, and they already pay percentages. They tried this in 2002 and the PEOPLE put the law makers in their place.

I don't usually get political AT ALL, but I'm signing this thing. It's a page on the Congress.com website where you simply enter your zip code to register it as a letter against the whole thing.

This would affect: MSN Radio, AOL Radio, probably XM Online radio, Live365, Soma.fm, di.fm, sky.fm, shoutcast etc etc etc

anyway, sign if ya have 1 minute, you need to cut and paste the letter they provide

save internet radio

Filled out one. That is BS what they are doing, I guess radio stations are next???

did it. i'm still trying to enjoy the underground winamp tv streams that are still left. I miss ess.tv They streamed everything from family guy, buffy the vampire slayer, lost, house, many others. Court order of cease and dissist or get sued came in and that was that.
mad.gif

Download winamp and go to the ShoutcastTV section in the media library. There are always a few good free feeds in there. During prime time you will have to wait in line while it cycles until a user drops their feed. Selection picks up and drops off randomly, don't expect much more than fox cartoons like Family Guy, American Dad, Futurama and maybe King of the Hill at this time.

There are (or were) many web sites that use winamp. I subscribed to one last year called streamwired.com for something like $6.00 a month. They had over 120 streams to choose from and no waiting. They had sitcoms from Leave it to Beaver to Married with Children. Classic Looney Tunes to South Park. All the current CSI shows, Mythbusters, old shows like Knight Rider and even streams from the UK for really off the wall stuff. Video quality and audio sync varied from poor to excellent, most shows were pretty good quality.
I liked it so much I set up a wireless UHF broadcaster to my PC along with an RF remote control so I could watch those shows from any TV in my house or garage. I was just about to cancel my Satellite service when that site started to get hit with cease and desist orders. They dropped about 90% of their shows and I cancelled.
Just googled them and I see they are still around but changed their name to in2streams.com. Looks like they got all their shows back but now charge $15 bucks a month.

Back