S. Indiana and bordering Ohio/Kentucky check in

HMan

Registered
I've made a post on this in the regional section but learned that there are NOT a lot of regular viewers there. Due to this, I posted this in here just to get the views.

I'm trying to start a regional Busa owners group. Something where we can do the occasional meet up for breakfast and a ride or an evening get together.

Just post if you are interested.

hman one of these day head to good ole Oxford, OH and Miami U. and lay a little rubber at my alma matter for me. That's some nice ridin' country-- hopefully one of these days I'll get back.

ohh ya is bubba still on the radio?-- I heard rumors he was shut down (they don't play him downeast !)

Soundz like a winner, count me in.

cool.gif

I was thinking about starting an MSN or Yahoo group to get by until I have enough people to warrant purchasing the server space to do it right.

Basically, I just want an easy one-stop-shop to see when members are setting up rides or meets. I know of a few Busas around here on this board I've never even gotten to meet and they are within an hour and a half from here. Would be fun to get us all together and roll into somewhere to eat.

I have been riding quite a bite lately. this past weekend i rode about 600 miles.
which is a lot for me, hit a lot of back rodes, twisties. and did a little posting up.

i will post some pics when i get the chance, since i did snap a few.
biggrin.gif

just hit me up would love to ride.
smile.gif

This sounds good but I'm oversaes right now and wont be back till november!! who know if we have weather like we did last year we will be riding at Christmas....
tounge.gif

I'm way the heck up north but often find myself cruising around Indy or even lower.

Plan on hitting Brown County this weekend.

If there were ever any rides going on I'd probably be in. My friends that do ride bikes are total wienies who think going 50 miles is a big deal so it gets kinda boring out this way.

Hman...I live in southeasten IN...Batesville...don't see many Busa's around here. Me and a couple of buddies are going riding Sunday around 8:00 but we are just going for a couple hours...if interested shoot me an e-mail. We are going to start in Batesville ride up to Shelbyville and get a bite to eat and come back. I think it will be two vmax's, One Boss Hoss, and me on the Busa.

jeffvmax@aol.com

Hman...I live in southeasten IN...Batesville...don't see many Busa's around here. Me and a couple of buddies are going  riding Sunday around 8:00 but we are just going for a couple hours...if interested shoot me an e-mail.  We are going to start in Batesville ride up to Shelbyville and get a bite to eat and come back.  I think it will be two vmax's, One Boss Hoss, and me on the Busa.  

jeffvmax@aol.com
I'd love to go but I work this weekend. I work every other weekend.

Keep in touch though. I'm surprised you head up towards Shelbyville though. The good roads kick in as you come down this way.
smile.gif

Any of you guys from around Brown County?

I headed out 10:30 this morning on I65 and ended up in Kentucky...nothing good there so I headed back up. Got off in Columbus and went riding around Nashville and Bean Blossom.
When I was kid back in the late 70's early 80's I used to go to Brown County all the time with my parents. It used to seem so laid back and natural and now it's pure commercial...almost like that antique item you want to buy was really made 2 weeks ago in China. To top that off the town area of Nashville was packed wall to wall with Hardley's
mad.gif

Got some decent riding in and decided to get a hotel. Every freakin' hotel from Nashville to Columbus was booked! Headed back onto I65 and found a Red Roof Inn quite a ways north but didn't trust the area so I said to hell with it and headed back home.

All in all a pretty good ride. 11.5 hours and 605 miles. Average speed was about 80 mph and the Booo averaged an astonishing 49.1 mpg.

To those that live around there:
Is it ALWAYS that packed on the weekends? I figured around Fall I'd need a hotel reservation but not this time of year. Any recommendations for a decent hotel in the $100 a night range?

Are the streets typically littered with Hardley's or was this weeked something special?

BTW, I've gotten enough messages to go ahead and start up a group. It won't be big to start with but hopefully ya'll can spread the word.

It'll either be an MSN or Yahoo group and I'll get the link posted up this coming Monday.

Just miss ya Torch, I was on the other side of the River hitt'n some good twisty and hills in Shawnee Forrest, it is close to Port Smith, OH were I met up some other rydaz from Columbus sportn a Busa and Gixxr 1000 at a gas station .

Rolln out to da hillz of W.V tomorrow afternoon. Anyone have any suggestion on some good routes to hit ?

Holla

Still working on this. The mailing list I initially set up didn't work right so I scratched it. Think I'm going yahoo.

Back