Rwhp question. disagreement!

scooterlord

Registered
i am here with a friend of mine and we had a major disagreement about stock hayabusa rwhp. we BOTH have busas first of all.

i had previously noticed a thread in this forum that some guy's stock busa gave him 160+rwhp.

()

...and he just DENIES to believe it. so, his questions since i was unable to answer him, that IF suck a bike existed how come it gave so big a number for rwhp, and how many hp would it have in its motor? and why does it have so high? and where can we find a reliable source as for the AVERAGE stock hayabusa's rwhp. thanks in advance guys, please give us as more information as you can on this one cause i am about to blow out of my nerves :p

150-155hp

Every dyno is different. And every dyno will give different readings on different days. Dynos aren't an exact science, but they're pretty close
wink.gif

so, is there absolutely no possibility that a busa could do 160+rwhp? in a NON optimistic dynojet run that is..

<!--EDIT|scooterlord
Reason for Edit: None given...|1152493272 -->

well... Just like cars, there are factory freaks that make more than others...
smile.gif

Well heres some insight,,, i just finished tuning my bike the other day. On the dyno that i tuned it on, we finished at 179.6, at the rear wheel. I then drove a half hour to another dyno, and spun it to 187.8. It wasn't more than thirty miles away from each of the dyno's.
And before you guy's ask!!! The bike has a JE piston kit 1397, with 12.8 compresstion pistons, also a intake cam in the exhaust spot. Also a small airbox mod, w full pipe and pc3r.
I went to the other dyno because from what i've heard with my setup i should be closer to 190ish at the wheel. Im going to do some more tuning this week and see what else i can get out of it.???
rock.gif

just a fact of life...people aren't going to show you what they don't want you to know.
personally....mine made 153....on a muggy FL afternoon.

that thread said his humidity was at 95%....but the chart clearly reads 36~38% (the last time I looked the 3 and 9 are no where near each other...so, either it wasn't a typo...or the machine was wrong.) If the dyno was wrong about that....then other who knows..maybe my bike would have pulled 160 on that dyno too?
rock.gif

No matter what the numbers say...getting the A/F mixture correct is real measure of the motor. Use just one dyno to get your bike tuned the best it can be....and then shop it around like owner did...till you find one that give you the number you want to see. Hint...those traveling dynos are more generous than non-traveling ones.

Find a shop that gives you the warm fuzzies inside...and build a relationship with them.

#### 160!!!!!!! mine put out 215.8 to the rear wheel, & yes I drive it on the street. It's not one of the stretched & slamed one's I see running around. I do track days with it & buzz down the country roads with the crew I ride with in charleston, SC. Working at KWS Motorsports might have helped this a bit:D

#### 160!!!!!!! mine put out 215.8 to the rear wheel, & yes I drive it on the street. It's not one of the stretched & slamed one's I see running around. I do track days with it & buzz down the country roads with the crew I ride with in charleston, SC. Working at KWS Motorsports might have helped this a bit:D
Now thats cheating,,, working there!!! But any way thats where i bought my parts.

158 at the dyno at NH Bike week last year. They had a head to head dyno with drag lights a guy on a ZX12 came up and asked if I wanted to run against him. For the record I smoked him LOL The same day I turned 210-215 on the dyno hit rev limiter in top gear.

I think Suzuki claims 162 RWHP but most guys with stock bikes come up between 150 and 155 along those lines.

I was dyno'd out at 156 completely stock...

That is my bike that read the 164 RWHP and I have the same guy tune my last three bikes. I'll run my bike elsewhere when it's availible to be done just to see what comes up. But I'm not gonna go wasting hundreds of dollars to find out. This guy is awesome with his PC3 tuning and I'll use him till he's out of business. I posted the printout from him, I didn't make it up. We are gonna try and get GIXERHP's bike to him to see what it brings...

In the meantime, believe what you want.

When I had my Warrior I ran it on three dyno's within a weeks time and they were all within 7 points of each other, he was one of those three.

There are oddities out there and they do happen. My Warrior started a solid 10 points below every other one I read about on that forum. So is it possible I got a solid Busa', YES!!!

Now thats cheating,,, working there!!! But any way thats where i bought my parts.
yeah I admit it might be cheating a bit, but I help out there when I'm back in Charleston

shanes9ti_2.JPG

I did 150.0 stock. 154.5 with pair valve plates and a full Yosh rs3. Both of which I found disappointing. I stil love my baby though.

A couple of things about Dyno's that people that run them will tell you most of the time. If you do not enter the correct data before a run you can come out with plus or minus corrected HP readings. Some not so reputable shops will do this to give squids bigger numbers. I am not saying this about Grumpy's guy cause thats in the ballpark. If you enter the temp and humidity etc in the hottest most humid part of the day and then do a run just before ecening when it is cooling down you can get a higher Hp reading on the same day. Some shops will do it on purpose with the readings and get plus 10-12 HP readings. Those are the ones I am talking about. A couple of other things your shops should tell you are that dyno's are tuning tools to make your graph and bike better. To guage improvements over the run before you made changes especially when tuning something like a PC. Lastly a good solid graph making more power sooner will smoke a bike with higher HP. Just cause a guy makes 7-8 HP more than you if you make it sooner and make more HP up through the RPM range you will beat him every time unless you race at 10,500 RPMs plus you have to shift so it drops right back down into the part where you are making more power. Peak HP doesnt mean half as much as all through the power band (except for top speed where you do run at higher RPM's.

race24x, thanks for the info... but even so, all i was asking was if it was possible with NORMTAL dyno-ing with the average humidity and other options the busa could get 160+rwhp...

Back